Avoiding financially supporting woke propaganda -

TheShedCollector

kiwifarms.net
Here's the story of a problem I've had and a solution I've found which has helped me remain sane as we navigate through clown world.

The problem was, that trying to avoid financially supporting companies that spout woke PC bullshit, actively shit on white men, pay the most token of lip service in the most insincere fashion to BLM / LGBT / Pride / <<insert oppressed minority here>> or actively shit on their own customers. It brings my piss to a boil, even for companies I don't buy anything from or in any way care about. It's soul destroying just constantly adding companies to this list and it feels like I can't enjoy anything. I've not been to the movies in probably six years, I've barely bought or played any new release video games. The ones I get I either deliberately buy second hand to avoid giving the companies any money, buy from a grey market website where they will probably eat a chargeback or just wait until they are 75% off on Steam. All modern music is shit anyway so avoiding that is easy enough.

My solution for video games, is to play older video games. I picked up an original Xbox a couple of weeks ago. Games for it are on sale in quite a few pawn shops, charity shops, ebay etc and most of the games are dirt cheap. And god-dammit are they just so much more fun than modern games. I was playing Rainbow 6 Black Arrow and it felt great to be back playing a game that didn't have a stupid fruit machine that costs $2.49 a spin for some random skins or dance moves. I played Simpsons Hit and Run and realised, it really is a good game. It's not just nostalgia, it is legitimately still a really fun and challenging game. Then there's stuff like older Need for Speed games, Hitman, XIII, Timesplitters, Tony Hawks games, Prince of Persia, Outrun 2, the list goes on forever and you can get these games for between $1 and $3 if you look in the right places. For the price of one AAA game I've got what was a limited edition Xbox and 15 games, and I can add full new games to my library for less than the cost of one AAA lootbox. It's a similar story for PS2 stuff. There is a MASSIVE archive of games, loads of which you probably wanted as a kid but couldn't afford. You can pick them up now for a few dollars. Even if the game sucks you don't really care if it only cost you $2.

There's other things I've been trying to do to avoid supporting this kind of bullshit. I'm trying to spend more time making things rather than buying things. I struggle to get raw materials a lot of the time it's just so freaking expensive, but on the plus side no tool or paint manufacturer is doing this kind of shit. Most tool, paint and fixture manufacturers don't even have manned social media accounts. No shitting on customers, no purity testing, no moral-fagging, patronising lectures or insincere statements of solidarity and support for the mentally ill. It's brilliant. Same for the builders yards, pawn shops and other second hand retailers that sell these things. Building stuff is fantastically stress relieving and easily one of the best things any man can do for his sense of self worth or importance. Even just making a good job of building a simple tidy shelf is fantastic.

Please let me know what you think. Am I alone in this thought process? Has anyone else found a way to deal with this? Am I being an enormous vagina myself by even caring? Is there some other place or environment where people don't care about politics and where you can just do stuff and have fun without the social justice police?

Shed.

Last edited:

dinoman

Great googly moogly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Meh, boycotting is a waste of time. I buy whatever products I think are the best.

Most corporations are left-wing, they are the establishment, so most of them, of course are going to have some woke/sjw/blm bullshit.

I remember Amazon coming out in favor of BLM; so fucking what, I use amazon all the time, I'm not going to stop now just because they made a statement I disagree with.

Gillette went too far though, and I did boycott them.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel this way sometimes. I try to buy low packaging/plastic products, and a great source of these is Lush cosmetics. But Lush is also extremely into radical genderspecial tranny bullshit that I don't support.
Ultimately, I still buy from them because the environment friendly packaging (which I care about) is something that actually affects the end product, while the virtue signaling doesn't have anything to do with soap or lotion. But I do reconsider how much I want and if I could make it or buy from another source.
With Vidya, the virtue signaling comes through in the end product, so it's a little different. Overall I wish we weren't in this situation where companies also have to have a moral alignment. Unless it has something to do with the actual content of the products and how they're produced I don't need to know how the company feels about gay people or anything else. It's creepy and weird.

dinoman

Great googly moogly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel this way sometimes. I try to buy low packaging/plastic products, and a great source of these is Lush cosmetics. But Lush is also extremely into radical genderspecial tranny bullshit that I don't support.
Ultimately, I still buy from them because the environment friendly packaging (which I care about) is something that actually affects the end product, while the virtue signaling doesn't have anything to do with soap or lotion. But I do reconsider how much I want and if I could make it or buy from another source.
With Vidya, the virtue signaling comes through in the end product, so it's a little different. Overall I wish we weren't in this situation where companies also have to have a moral alignment. Unless it has something to do with the actual content of the products and how they're produced I don't need to know how the company feels about gay people or anything else. It's creepy and weird.
Politics infects everything.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Getting out and doing stuff in the real world is your best bet. Twitter isn't real life, and it doesn't reflect much besides what vocal minorities think. Have fun with real stuff and real relationships, it's healthier.
Woke politics are in like evangelism was. Companies are going to pander.
Pretty much this. Once a movement or trend becomes safe enough to support, corporations will jump the chance to pander in order to get even more money. It’s super transparent. Once gay marriage was legal nationwide in the US, companies that didn’t previously mention it at all came out in support of the gays to try and get those rainbow dollars.

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
But see shit like rainbow flags or saying “we support blm” shouldn’t affect anybody’s life enough to actually bother them. How does it actively harm you?
What makes you think they'll stop there? What makes you think they won't try to overrun everything the way they've overrun media and so much of politics? Yes, pulling down statues is "just symbolic" but what about the rioting and the occupation of "autonomous zones"? What makes you think they'll stop without being forced to stop?

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But see shit like rainbow flags or saying “we support blm” shouldn’t affect anybody’s life enough to actually bother them. How does it actively harm you?
Why does it have to actively cause harm? I just don't like it in the same way I don't like companies trying to be your friend and have cutesy Twitter feuds with each other. Companies aren't people and it's creepy and dystopian.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
What makes you think they'll stop there? What makes you think they won't try to overrun everything the way they've overrun media and so much of politics? Yes, pulling down statues is "just symbolic" but what about the rioting and the occupation of "autonomous zones"? What makes you think they'll stop without being forced to stop?
I don’t live in Seattle, and autonomous zones are pretty cool anyway. Breaking away from what you deem an oppressive government and setting up your own is American as fuck.

Tags
None