Avoiding financially supporting woke propaganda -

TaterBot

i don't believe it
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually I like this idea. I still have all my old equipment and tons of games...
Come to think of it, I believe I've aged out of the interest zone, and since I work in a stressful healthcare field, so no time for gaming anymore anyway.
Still, your advice is sound, OP, make 'em bleed!

But see shit like rainbow flags or saying “we support blm” shouldn’t affect anybody’s life enough to actually bother them. How does it actively harm you?
I have no problem with companies putting gay nigger flags on their websites, I have a problem with them refusing to allow opposing political opinions or jokes on their websites.

TheShedCollector

kiwifarms.net
But see shit like rainbow flags or saying “we support blm” shouldn’t affect anybody’s life enough to actually bother them. How does it actively harm you?
It actively harms me because what these organisations want is inherently harmful to me.

BLM wants to abolish the police. I'm glad the police do such a good job the overwhelming majority of the time protecting me, my home and my property by taking scumbags off the streets. BLM marches include the phrase "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon". Where BLM goes, riots, destruction and social unrest follows. I'm glad I live in a 99.5% white area, if I was living closer to more black people, I'd be worried about my house, car or employer getting smashed up or burned out in a riot. I don't buy for one second that black people are mistreated by police because they are black and it's not entirely a result of their own actions.

The social justice pandering bothers me, because receiving an annoying, nannying, patronising lecture about how I'm a racist / sexist / homophobe / whateverphobe and I need to do better is just infuriating. I'm none of those things and being talked down to like I'm 5 years old by some multi-national conglomerate that either directly owns slaves in its Asian or African sweat shops, or indirectly employs slave labour by buying diamonds and minerals they need from the local warlord, is something to be pissed off about.

The rainbow crap doesn't bother me as much, for the most part it's just annoying because it's so transparently pandering. At the end of the day though it's just a case of "we love you come spend money with us". That's just the point of advertising in general. But it still pisses me off.

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
What makes you think they'll stop there? What makes you think they won't try to overrun everything the way they've overrun media and so much of politics? Yes, pulling down statues is "just symbolic" but what about the rioting and the occupation of "autonomous zones"? What makes you think they'll stop without being forced to stop?
During the turn of the century, there were a lot of people who were convinced that the dissolution of factory towns and company scrip and the creation of the first labor safety laws were going to cause the US to become a stateless anarchist hellhole within 30 years, and basically thought that the working class should have a gun to their head and a boot on their neck for their own good and that Upton Sinclair should be hung in the town square.
Given that no one in BLM has even done anything like the Haymarket Bombing yet, I see no reason to fear them over labor agitators (who did end up stopping without the need for the systemic execution of the IWW).

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
During the turn of the century, there were a lot of people who were convinced that the dissolution of factory towns and company scrip and the creation of the first labor safety laws were going to cause the US to become a stateless anarchist hellhole within 30 years, and basically thought that the working class should have a gun to their head and a boot on their neck for their own good and that Upton Sinclair should be hung in the town square.
Given that no one in BLM has even done anything like the Haymarket Bombing yet, I see no reason to fear them over labor agitators (who did end up stopping without the need for the systemic execution of the IWW).
So it's fine as long as they continue salami slicing, got it.

• Dumb
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
So it's fine as long as they continue salami slicing, got it.
Yes, because what you call "salami slicing" is how any meaningful change one way or another happens in democratic societies, and trying to make it sound like a scary buzzword only makes you look like a paranoiac. And if you don't like democracy: why complain about forces accelerating the collapse? That's the only way you're going to have a shot to get your non-democratic cause de jour enacted.

Last edited:

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
Yes, because what you call "salami slicing" is how any meaningful change one way or another happens in democratic societies, and trying to make it sound like a scary buzzword only makes you look like a paranoiac.
You say that salami slicing is how things are done and yet you call me a paranoiac for thinking they have bigger ends in mind. Could you try making that make sense for me?

And if you don't like democracy: why complain about forces accelerating the collapse? That's the only way you're going to have a shot to get your non-democratic cause de jour enacted.
Do you want that to happen? It seems like you're writing up talking points just to spite me.

• Dumb
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
You could try living in a shed. Or just build your own business
website
internet

society.

You can't boycott when it's every company.
Should we fight these companies by fighting fire with fire and force these companies to push these woke propaganda policies to the Middle East and Eastern Europe?

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Should we fight these companies by fighting fire with fire and force these companies to push these woke propaganda policies to the Middle East and Eastern Europe?
Nah, we gotta go kaczynski

Or get another hotpocket. One or the other.

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
You say that salami slicing is how things are done and yet you call me a paranoiac for thinking they have bigger ends in mind. Could you try making that make sense for me?

Do you want that to happen? It seems like you're writing up talking points just to spite me.
1. I am saying that you are characterizing the normal democratic process (campaign, protest, raise awareness, etc) with language that tries to make it sound like a sinister conspiracy. There are so many incremental steps between our current situation and what, I believe, you see as their end goal (black planet where white men have no rights and are enslaved/hunted for sport) that their "salami slicing" will hit up against the wall of "what a democratic society will permit" well before the several centuries needed to enact their goal. You're already seeing them start to hit the wall now with increasing skepticism directed towards affirmative action and the increasingly-ridiculous demands of the hardcore ideologues to destroy all images of white Jesus. We aren't at a crisis point where people are willing to throw aside the current political paradigm in exchange for whatever radical ideology is popular at the moment and seems best positioned to save them (these protests have nothing on the race riots of the 60's and 70's, which themselves weren't the kind of crisis point I speak of: look at the material conditions of Weimar Germany, Pre-Revolution and Directorate-era France, and pre-Revolutionary America).
2. No, I do not. I was simply speculating that, given that you seem to fear the democratic process, that you would prefer a non-democratic situation, which would require America to reach a crisis point or to collapse.

• Dumb
Reactions: jorgoth

Son of Odin

kiwifarms.net
Grow your own food (or at least buy it locally)
Learn to sew and repair your own clothes
Stop watching TV
Stop playing video games or watching movies made in western countries after 2013 or so (they suck for the most part anyway)
Pirate all of your games and movies or buy them second-hand
Delete all of your social media

There's also lots of things you can make yourself if you have a 3D printer and/or know how to weld or work with wood. And you should probably also focus on not having so many material "things" that you don't need.

Just a few ideas...

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
1. I am saying that you are characterizing the normal democratic process (campaign, protest, raise awareness, etc) with language that tries to make it sound like a sinister conspiracy. There are so many incremental steps between our current situation and what, I believe, you see as their end goal (black planet where white men have no rights and are enslaved/hunted for sport) that their "salami slicing" will hit up against the wall of "what a democratic society will permit" well before the several centuries needed to enact their goal.
Tearing down monuments is the "normal democratic process"? Declaring parts of a downtown autonomous is part of the "normal democratic process"?

And how is it not a "sinister conspiracy"? These groups have been operating for decades with basically zero oversight or direct media attention aside from the odd Project Veritas sting. Nobody knows who their financiers are, nobody asks.

You're already seeing them start to hit the wall now with increasing skepticism directed towards affirmative action and the increasingly-ridiculous demands of the hardcore ideologues to destroy all images of white Jesus.
"Skepticism". Really? All I see are people bending the knee.

We aren't at a crisis point where people are willing to throw aside the current political paradigm in exchange for whatever radical ideology is popular at the moment and seems best positioned to save them (these protests have nothing on the race riots of the 60's and 70's, which themselves weren't the kind of crisis point I speak of: look at the material conditions of Weimar Germany, Pre-Revolution and Directorate-era France, and pre-Revolutionary America).
What would make the left stop aside from a violent pushback? Seriously. Anything that was purely institutional would be considered "racist", institutional authorities are either too fearful of being called out or too optimistic about their ability to control the mob.

I was simply speculating that, given that you seem to fear the democratic process, that you would prefer a non-democratic situation, which would require America to reach a crisis point or to collapse.
What's to say that they won't simply co-opt the government and have the secret police state put down all their political enemies? What's to say that huge portions of the military and the police aren't on board with the kakistocracy?

Jimjamflimflam

kiwifarms.net
Grow your own food (or at least buy it locally)
Learn to sew and repair your own clothes
Stop watching TV
Stop playing video games or watching movies made in western countries after 2013 or so (they suck for the most part anyway)
Pirate all of your games and movies or buy them second-hand
Delete all of your social media

There's also lots of things you can make yourself if you have a 3D printer and/or know how to weld or work with wood. And you should probably also focus on not having so many material "things" that you don't need.

Just a few ideas...
That's pretty much the road im on currently. Been doing wood working projects (never did wood working except for middle school woodshop) and trying to garden (badly).

I love it so far, feels good to put together a flower box to then use in garden. Great sense of accomplishment for such simple work.

Only problem is that this road is lonely as fuck. I was always a loner so used to it for the most part but even with my remaining friends I find myself just heading more inward. Nothing to talk to majority of people anymore.

Did you see the latest viral show on Netflix? Nope

Check out this meme on pop culture! I don't get it.

Let's play some new game together! I don't have a console nor upto date pc.

Etc.

Even if you keep to yourself on your goals and projects and don't make a big scene about it, everyone will still think you are a pretentious wanker because you aren't following the rest of society.

Obvious answer is get better friends but that feels like it's impossible because all my peers are trapped in this material, pop culture shit show.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

axfaxf

kiwifarms.net
Actually I like this idea. I still have all my old equipment and tons of games...
Come to think of it, I believe I've aged out of the interest zone, and since I work in a stressful healthcare field, so no time for gaming anymore anyway.
Still, your advice is sound, OP, make 'em bleed!
I´d suggest you mod one of the old rigs or get a Raspberry and retrogame away

OT: I don´t keep a list and frankly idgas, which company panders to what stupid trend (besides Gilette, but that opened another can of worms). ^^

regarding other forms of entertainment, there´s a couple libraries around here. it´s amazing how fast a weekend passes by with a book or two. :)

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
Try and buy local as much as possible? I actually have been thinking about this over the past few days and it's sort of occurred to me that I don't really buy all that much? I'm just not very consumerist anyways; and I live in a small town where I can just buy from the butchers, grocers and local cottage industry shops. I don't watch TV; I use the internet mainly. Not sure what your options are in a city though. Then you'd be fucked.

Son of Odin

kiwifarms.net
That's pretty much the road im on currently. Been doing wood working projects (never did wood working except for middle school woodshop) and trying to garden (badly).

I love it so far, feels good to put together a flower box to then use in garden. Great sense of accomplishment for such simple work.

Only problem is that this road is lonely as fuck. I was always a loner so used to it for the most part but even with my remaining friends I find myself just heading more inward. Nothing to talk to majority of people anymore.

Did you see the latest viral show on Netflix? Nope

Check out this meme on pop culture! I don't get it.

Let's play some new game together! I don't have a console nor upto date pc.

Etc.

Even if you keep to yourself on your goals and projects and don't make a big scene about it, everyone will still think you are a pretentious wanker because you aren't following the rest of society.

Obvious answer is get better friends but that feels like it's impossible because all my peers are trapped in this material, pop culture shit show.
I'm sort of the same way. I have a small circle of friends now and had other circles of friends in the past but have always been sort of a loner compared to the average "normie".

I still occasionally find myself "consooming product" when I'm hanging out with friends or when it's almost impossible to avoid, but I still try to cut down on it as much as I can. I've started growing food again recently (used to have a garden years ago, now I'm growing them in buckets since it's easier) and I've been doing more 3d printing. sewing, and art (mainly drawing) projects. Some of my ideas have also actually helped me as far as doing things with friends goes (ie. learning how to sew helps with putting together cosplays for anime conventions). As for people outside of friends and family, as I've gotten older I don't give a shit what they think anymore.

Last edited:
Tags
None