Avoiding financially supporting woke propaganda

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Nom Carver

Pandemic did it better.
kiwifarms.net
One thing to remember is that companies only care about money and most of them will happily flip politics on a whim if they think more people would buy. I guarantee that a staggering amount of corporations would gladly advocate Naziism or some shit if they thought it would make them more money.

bot_for_hire

kiwifarms.net
One thing to remember is that companies only care about money and most of them will happily flip politics on a whim if they think more people would buy. I guarantee that a staggering amount of corporations would gladly advocate Naziism or some shit if they thought it would make them more money.
They already do though. They support Chinazis and censor whatever China doesn't like.

Syaoran Li

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mostly like older media anyway and tend to buy secondhand because it's cheaper.

Politics or no politics, most newer popular media flat out sucks anyway.

That and I'm literally and unironically a Boomer sympathizer who actively hates his own generation and believes the Millennials and Early Zoomers got exactly what they fucking deserved and wish the same would happen to Generation X (AKA the ones who actually ruined this country and shifted blame on the Boomers)

Something else you can do is to invest in other hobbies or literally and unironically make your own media if you feel you have the means to do so. It's not that hard to write a book in whatever genre you want and self-publish it on Amazon and other platforms.

Seventh Star

hungry burger fan
kiwifarms.net
The rainbow crap doesn't bother me as much, for the most part it's just annoying because it's so transparently pandering. At the end of the day though it's just a case of "we love you come spend money with us". That's just the point of advertising in general. But it still pisses me off.
I hate that shit. Apart from appropriating the rainbow for political purposes, they don't represent me, and there's nothing to be prideful about. I want to be normal, not be turned into currency by companies or treated with tokenism. Just dont put any flags and sell me my product for fucks sake.

For OP, I'd recommend straight up not giving any media that espouses wokeness any attention. Don't even think about it, pretend it doesn't exist.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
It's not that hard to write a book in whatever genre you want and self-publish it on Amazon and other platforms.
yeah, it's not hard to do it, but the only notably example of a book getting popular through that was the mars story. Most good writers who want to get their stories out there are already in the established industries, I would know. And that's because most writers are not interested in politics as their primary hobby so they're willing to put aside their disagreements to get into the publishing business, which is not easy to break into. If somebody is publishing their books on amazon because they dislike the publishing houses for political reasons, chances are his book is gonna be shit.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
If its media then just pirate that shit

Host a pirate server for extra butthurt

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
Retropill. And try to screen the sources you purchase from for the causes they support. Why buy old movies from some sodomite when you can give your money to someone closer to your own values selling the same thing?

yeah, it's not hard to do it, but the only notably example of a book getting popular through that was the mars story. Most good writers who want to get their stories out there are already in the established industries, I would know. And that's because most writers are not interested in politics as their primary hobby so they're willing to put aside their disagreements to get into the publishing business, which is not easy to break into. If somebody is publishing their books on amazon because they dislike the publishing houses for political reasons, chances are his book is gonna be shit.
Publishing houses are controlled by desert merchants and the left, serving as another avenue to indoctrinate the masses by suppressing wrong think and editorializing material to suit a narrative. Once again you are incorrect.

There are plenty of reasons to avoid publishing houses. The real issue is that Bezos is also pozzed and will likely shut you down if asked to do so.

I feel this way sometimes. I try to buy low packaging/plastic products, and a great source of these is Lush cosmetics. But Lush is also extremely into radical genderspecial tranny bullshit that I don't support.
Ultimately, I still buy from them because the environment friendly packaging (which I care about) is something that actually affects the end product, while the virtue signaling doesn't have anything to do with soap or lotion. But I do reconsider how much I want and if I could make it or buy from another source.
With Vidya, the virtue signaling comes through in the end product, so it's a little different. Overall I wish we weren't in this situation where companies also have to have a moral alignment. Unless it has something to do with the actual content of the products and how they're produced I don't need to know how the company feels about gay people or anything else. It's creepy and weird.
You know plastic is recyclable, right? Instead of buying woke products and being lazy, you could just collect your packages and take them to a recycling depot if you're woke on the environment.

Last edited:

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being a bit less of a consumer is a good thing. Being able to make and repair things is a good thing.
Being able to grow a proportion of what you eat is a good thing.
Being wary of media, advertising and social media is a good thing.
being able to do all this makes you a little less dependent, and it’s good for body and soul to be active and work with your hands, and garden in the fresh air.
All these things are good things, OP.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know plastic is recyclable, right? Instead of buying woke products and being lazy, you could just collect your packages and take them to a recycling depot if you're woke on the environment.
Tons of plastic is not actually recyclable or it's extremely inefficient to do so. What actually seems to end up happening to a lot of "recycled" plastic is it gets shipped overseas where it's mostly just dumped somewhere and less than 10% of it is recycled. People think they can recycle any plastic and that's far from true.
Look up your local recycling program, I bet a lot of stuff you think they are recycling they aren't. And even if they say they take it, that doesn't mean someone will actually buy it and recycle it. And I've gone through this shit trying to find special places to recycle weird stuff and it's largely a massive waste of time if you can even find a place that does it.

Last edited:

the fall of man

thorns will take the earth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just buy games I want to play and I don’t read Kotaku or take Twitter seriously. Why scrutinize the ethics of the person providing your mindless entertainment? I don’t care what you think about animal rights, I just care about whether your apocalyptic waifu simulator is as ridiculous as the last one

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
Tons of plastic is not actually recyclable or it's extremely inefficient to do so. What actually seems to end up happening to a lot of "recycled" plastic is it gets shipped overseas where it's mostly just dumped somewhere and less than 10% of it is recycled. People think they can recycle any plastic and that's far from true.
Look up your local recycling program, I bet a lot of stuff you think they are recycling they aren't. And even if they say they take it, that doesn't mean someone will actually buy it and recycle it. And I've gone through this shit trying to find special places to recycle weird stuff and it's largely a massive waste of time if you can even find a place that does it.
Then you should probably just stop using cosmetics. Or abandon environmentalism.

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
Or I could just use fewer of these products? Weird take.
If you don't want to support woke shit, stop giving your money to Johnson and Johnson and Unilever since they're the parent companies of nearly all cosmetics.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
Publishing houses are controlled by desert merchants and the left, serving as another avenue to indoctrinate the masses by suppressing wrong think and editorializing material to suit a narrative. Once again you are incorrect.

There are plenty of reasons to avoid publishing houses. The real issue is that Bezos is also pozzed and will likely shut you down if asked to do so.
Bruh, wtf do you think I meant when I said "put aside their differences?" On this one point I completely agree with you, it's just that anyone who is actually serious about being an authour must go through publishing houses. Self publishing is only successful if you already have an audience.