Awful food you love - Guilty pleasures galore

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Ol Dirty Fatso

Allahu snackbar
kiwifarms.net
I do too but I never buy it because I don't know how to use it besides on like... steak. You need to send me some ideas
Mac n cheese, stews, soup, chili. hell it's good with butter on toast the way bongs use marmite. It's just generally savory be creative

Miss Misery

Supposed Sigma Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
my school lunches gave me a taste for breaded steak nuggets, instant mashed potatoes, and cheap ass bean burritos you chuck in the microwave. i don't even know if you can buy steak nuggets at a store.
Try looking for beef nuggets instead. Et voila!

I confess I love Subway tuna sandwiches. Even if it's not really tuna (it is really tuna). And Del Taco chicken soft tacos. And fish tacos. And their sad, soggy fries.

Also the first thing I'm going to do the next time I go to the UK is get a cheap petrol station pork pie and a McVities Jamaica ginger cake. And then I'm going to Gregg's for a sausage roll. And then a supermarket egg mayo sandwich. And then I will keel over and die from too much foods.

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
Mac n cheese, stews, soup, chili. hell it's good with butter on toast the way bongs use marmite. It's just generally savory be creative
@twi1992 What Fatso said, plus I would also add cheese on toast to that list. Just put a bunch of your cheese of choice onto a slice of bread, drip a few drops of Worcestershire sauce onto the cheese, and then grill it to your liking. I think it should be the national food of Bongland (that or Yorkshire pudding swimming in beef gravy)!

Also the first thing I'm going to do the next time I go to the UK is get a cheap petrol station pork pie and a McVities Jamaica ginger cake. And then I'm going to Gregg's for a sausage roll. And then a supermarket egg mayo sandwich. And then I will keel over and die from too much foods.
Supermarket egg mayo butties are fantastic. I'm fussy about meat so I don't eat pre-packaged meat sandwiches unless there's nothing else (not a dietary thing; limp bacon just makes me gag), but if there are egg sandwiches on the shelf I'm a happy lass. Bonus if it's a posh one with cress!

Have you tried Gala pie? Basically a large pork pie with a boiled egg inside.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do too but I never buy it because I don't know how to use it besides on like... steak. You need to send me some ideas
I use worcestershire in stews, soups, Japanese curries (instead of fish sauce), (American style) spaghetti sauces, meatballs, meatloaf, Well basically anything to give things a savory/umami boost.

heh

kiwifarms.net
Пуныч, это ты?

Hey, who finds this gross? 0_o
I can read Russian but have no idea what punych? is supposed to be lol, I'm Croatian. I got into salmiakki through some Swedish acquaintances. I've seen Americans say that the salad sounds revolting, beats me, I could eat bowlfuls of the stuff.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
I can read Russian but have no idea what punych? is supposed to be lol, I'm Croatian
It is what I call my best friend, only person I know outside of finns to enjoy that devilish substance...not really a word)

've seen Americans say that the salad sounds revolting, beats me, I could eat bowlfuls of the stuff
They have potato salads that are like 2 ingredients short of being olivier, I guess those were "ew, veggies" types.

Reactions: heh

Mal0

Breached containment just to shitpost.
Forum Staff
🐕‍🦺 Animal Control 🐕‍🦺
💬 Off-Topic Mod 💬
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy energy drinks from time to time. Luv me boomer juice, luv me Bang, simple as.

But a guilty pleasure of mine is dollar store energy drinks. I know normal name brand energy drinks are bad for you, but I can't imagine how much more unhealthy one dollar energy drinks are. Maybe they're healthier, maybe they aren't. All I know is that I like the taste of these fuckers.

1639345482092.png

heh

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy energy drinks from time to time. Luv me boomer juice, luv me Bang, simple as.

But a guilty pleasure of mine is dollar store energy drinks. I know normal name brand energy drinks are bad for you, but I can't imagine how much more unhealthy one dollar energy drinks are. Maybe they're healthier, maybe they aren't. All I know is that I like the taste of these fuckers.

View attachment 2795246
Oh man, you can taste the overkill amounts of citric acid in that thing just by looking at the can design.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
When I'm feeling especially nasty I like to go to 7-11, absolutely drench their nachos in crummy bag cheese from that dispenser, throw on a bunch of those questionable jalapenos, then wait for the chips to become a barely hand edible slab and go to town.
Yeah Nachos are my go to Awful snack, they’re so bad for you but something about the combination of crunchy nachos and gooey melting cheese with some fiery chillies all fuse together to make pure bliss in my eyes. Also In England their is this kebab place that does Dorito nacho and cheese burgers and it is friggin heaven I tell you.
2A4C081A-04FA-412F-BEB8-192D19DF71DF.jpeg

Caesare

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nachos Bell Grande from Taco Bell. Taco Bell is objectively repulsive. But the Nachos Bell Grande is a comfort food for me. It was the food I ate directly after a Life Achievement and it reminds me of that day because it was a happy day.
That and the cheesy gordita crunch are my last favorite items at taco bell. They got rid of the Mexican Pizza, and that was a very sad day imo.

Cats

kiwifarms.net
I think they eliminated like half the shit from their menu at one point. I never really ate anything else other than those nachos from there, except when I was young and would get their standard bean burritos (which, along with Jack in the Box tacos, are probably some of the best food to eat while piss drunk). I absolutely hate the tacos from Taco Bell. Their double decker taco is tolerable, though. Everyone, including myself, talks shit about Taco Bell but it's really not that bad :[

Dialtone

Sticker Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In no particular order:
  • cheap gas station coffee
  • Natural Light beer
  • prarie oysters (the drink)
  • pickled hotdogs
  • pickled eggs
  • pickled onions
  • cottage cheese
  • Vienna sausages
  • Spam
  • canned tuna
  • gas station breakfast foods such as sausage/bacon egg cheese biscuits and burritos
  • peach ring candies (usually just whatever the gas station store brand is)
  • Paydays
  • Store brand colas (on occasion)
  • peanut rounders
  • Ms Baird's fruit pies
  • olives out of the jar, green or black
  • Twinkie wiener sandwiches (tried one and it was actually pretty good but I decided not to dip it in milk)
Things that were too awful even for me:
  • buttermilk and fritos (yes that is an actual meal people have prepared and eaten)
  • pea salad
  • poke salad
  • scrap meat like gizzards, livers, or feet
  • malt liquor of any sort
  • squid/octopus sashimi (chewy like a rubber band and just terrible)
  • Mello Yello (the only 2 liter I've ever seen under $1 and for good reason

Caesare

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely hate the tacos from Taco Bell. Their double decker taco is tolerable, though. Everyone, including myself, talks shit about Taco Bell but it's really not that bad :[
They're not terrible if you get them without all the sour cream. I like sour cream on a baked potato, but on a taco bell taco it makes them all cold and gross IMO. And those bean burritos are good with extra onion. I used to eat a lot of those back in the day cuz I was dating a vegetarian and she was so impressed by the fact that taco bell's refried beans were 100% vegetarian. She would buy them all the time cuz she couldn't cook for shit, which is weird cuz you would think a vegetarian would have to learn how to cook since they have so many stupid dietary restrictions and contradictions.

My God, was that a nightmare sometimes. Fuck all that stuff about different religions, different race, whatever you do, don't marry or date someone who eats much differently than you do. Every restaurant visit is a treat. "Oh no, there's nothing here I can eat! Beef broth!!! No, fine, I'm not gonna have anything, you go ahead."

Yeah I'm just gonna eat while you watch me, angerly, like a psychopath.

Last edited:

Cats

kiwifarms.net
@Dialtone if you like spam and sushi you absolutely must try spam musubi. You can make it at home it is pathetically easy. It is like sushi meat candy, especially if you are a decent cook and good at caramelizing your spams. Make sure you get proper sushi rice, and rice vinegar. It needs that vinegary flavor in the rice to go along with the sweetness of the candied spam. I could make myself sick with them, they are so good

Dialtone

Sticker Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Dialtone if you like spam and sushi you absolutely must try spam musubi. You can make it at home it is pathetically easy. It is like sushi meat candy, especially if you are a decent cook and good at caramelizing your spams. Make sure you get proper sushi rice, and rice vinegar. It needs that vinegary flavor in the rice to go along with the sweetness of the candied spam. I could make myself sick with them, they are so good
I have most of these ingredients in my pantry right now, you're like the fifth person to say it's delicious and now I really want to try it for dinner this week.

Cats

kiwifarms.net
Do yourself a favor and give it a shot. It is one of those foods that is kinda hard to not like, especially if you already like spam. Make sure the rice is nice and vinegary and done well, sticky enough to form cohesive beds for the spam slice, and that you've got good Nori. For the spam I usually coat them in brown sugar and let them sit for a few mins while the oil begins to heat up so that the brown sugar turns into a glaze first. Get a good crispy caramelization on them and it will be perfect. They can be eaten hot or cold, too.