Awful food you love - Guilty pleasures galore

Owlflaps

Hateful sack of animated shit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ilocano food. People from Ilocos are basically the red necks of Filipinos. After my grandma passed away, I took it upon myself to learn how to cook the foods she made for me as a kid. Igado, pinakbet, I've made it because I wanted to feel like I was closer to her.

Now that I realize I'm decent at cooking her recipes, I can't stop eating her food. It's so goddamn high in sodium, but it's delicious. My grandma had some heart problems, so her high sodium cooking is probably what killed her.

Grief is delicious lol

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
salmiakki licorice
marmite
I love these, actually.

The trick with Marmite is to use it very sparingly. If you overdo it, it has weird chemical deodorant stick undertones beneath the saltiness. If you spread a very, very thin coating on buttered toast, the savory notes start to appear and it tastes almost like beef au jus.

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
Frozen cheeseburgers I get at the market. Far from good but not the worst burgers around, but a blessing when you're craving a burger but traffic sucks too much or if you just want some filling snacks for movie night lol!

KD6-3.7

dreadfully distinct
kiwifarms.net
Ah… there are a handful of shitty food items I crave when I feel like being a fat fuck.

Something I’ve enjoyed since I was a kid is to heat up some spaghettios (meatballs, franks, or plain), throw in some processed cheese (or shredded cheddar if you haven’t got any American/Velveeta) and crunch up a bunch of crackers in it (prefer Saltines but Ritz or Club crackers work). It’s cheesy, tomato-y, starchy, and complete trash, and it comforts me for whatever reason.

I will also destroy pepperoni hot pockets with some good ranch dressing, but I’ll accept ham and cheese hot pockets in a pinch. I fuckin’ love chili dogs with Hormel or Wolf Brand chili, with a ton of cheese. I love Tombstone frozen pizzas. I also adore breakfast cereal. All kinds. From Corn Flakes with a little sugar sprinkled on top, to Honey Bunches of Oats, to Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams.

Also, since I first tried it like three years ago, I have a huge thing for the spaghetti and meatballs from BJ’s Brewhouse. It’s legit better than the spaghetti and meatballs from a lot of the Italian restaurants around my city.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
salmiakki licorice
Love me some salted liquorice, any time I go abroad to one of the places its sold I buy some, mostly for my own enjoyment but also to torture my co-workers. I once almost made a girl at an old job cry by making her try some I brought back from a trip to Sweden - she spat it out and started tearing up because she thought she was going to throw up.

I like the ones with the monkey on em
Scandi-Shop_1000191_Djungelvral_malaco-1_500x500.jpg

Reactions: heh

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
stupid flaming hot cheetos at 1am after a six pack will be the death of me. can't quit the shit things. not only does a bag have 800 calories the dust gets everywhere and in the morning there's instant regret waking up and seeing your dust covered pajamas.

fucking things are just so perfectly crunchy, salty and savory after some beers.

Cloaca Rimjob

Cum burp
kiwifarms.net
I love these, actually.

The trick with Marmite is to use it very sparingly. If you overdo it, it has weird chemical deodorant stick undertones beneath the saltiness. If you spread a very, very thin coating on buttered toast, the savory notes start to appear and it tastes almost like beef au jus.
I think this is the main issue people have with marmite. They think you just slather it on like nutella then wonder why their sodium levels are through the roof.

I keep buying the Kraft style cheesy pasta, the fluorescent orange shit. You get so much out one packet it cools down as your eating it and congeals together but it's so nice, that and beer, been kinda ripping the arse out it with beers at the moment

childofthedavil666

kiwifarms.net
I love salads. I hate vegetables but on salad I love them. And I love icecream. Like everyone I guess. And I like ice coffee. And yes from Starbucks also like man above me ^. I have to throw up from coffee but the sweet fake shit from Starbucks, yummie.

Cats

kiwifarms.net
I learned how to make lots happen with very little at work. The commissary only sold very basic food items and was more like a convenience store than a proper grocery store, though there were some people in there who could take that stuff and really turn it into something great. To this day I still get occasional cravings for something we all used to make that was pretty standard faire among any installation with a commissary. It was just a simple burrito made of a base of chili flavored Ramen, Cheetohs+Doritos (nacho cheese flavor), squeeze bottle cheese, ranch dressing, and tortillas. You'll see recipes for something like this everywhere:

Break the ramen into quarter-size chunks and cook the noodles by themselves, then strain it so there is a small amount of water left over for the chips to absorb. Then crush up a bag of regular caveman club Cheetos and a bag of nacho cheese Doritos into as fine of a coarse powder as you can, crush another bag of the Doritos into a much less fine "crust". Pour the first two bags of chips into the ramen (saving the crust bag) and then add the ramen flavor packet. Stir all this up so the chipcrumbs absorb some of that flavor-packeted water. You do not want the mixture to be too dry or too wet.

Then pour and stir in the squeeze cheese, and don't add too much or too little. Divide this mixture out onto the tortillas and squeeze a little line of the ranch dressing (not too much!) down the center of your burrito-shaped filling. Finally sprinkle that last bag of chip crust on top, roll it up like a burrito, and enjoy. And you will enjoy. When I had access to a microwave I liked to microwave the burritos for 15-20 seconds after assembly just to warm everything evenly.

Fair warning, this is extremely high in calories and very unhealthy! AUGH YEAH