Babies -

felix el gato

u've activated my twap cawd :3c
kiwifarms.net
I used to be a teachers aide, that made me never want to have kids. A fellow coworker once told me, after I rejected her offer to go to the bar after work that she, “never liked drinking or getting drunk” until she became a teacher. My first day there a kid bit another kids penis.

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hell if I know.
I never liked children overall, not hate them but never liked them. Always thought they talk too much and are too entitled and spoiled.
That said, I can't wait for my daughter to be there and she'll be probably the only child I'll be fond of. All other children don't concern me.

Diabeetus

The hyeckin frickyen sweetist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Babies are fucking stupid. They can't walk, they can't file taxes, they don't go to school, they do nothing productive. They can't even speak properly. "Goo goo gaga, blah blah." Shut the fuck up. They make no attempt to integrate themselves into our society. Babies are nothing but leeches. I have no idea why we don't have a "Babies / Infants / Newborns" thread in Community Watch, because every baby is a lolcow.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
There's something about human babies that mystifies me. In nature, it's a common (but not hard-fast) rule that the longer a creature incubates, the more capable it is at birth. Yet here humans are with a roughly 9 month gestation period and our offspring are 100% helpless for at least a couple years before they can do the slightest amount of helping themselves to anything. I mean fuck, the little spawns take a few months before they can even simply rotate themselves.

Gravityqueen4life

RAVEN-SENPAI!
kiwifarms.net
from what i have heard from parents i know its "you understand once you get your own child" so, i guess its a feeling i will never fully understand since i dont see myself having kids. i guess the hopes of them growing into a spiting image of yourselves but better and hopes they take care of you when you get old is appealing.

JonesMcCannister

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
There's something about human babies that mystifies me. In nature, it's a common (but not hard-fast) rule that the longer a creature incubates, the more capable it is at birth. Yet here humans are with a roughly 9 month gestation period and our offspring are 100% helpless for at least a couple years before they can do the slightest amount of helping themselves to anything. I mean fuck, the little spawns take a few months before they can even simply rotate themselves.
Definitely has something to do with humans having arms and fingers; we can carry children around so it makes more sense for them to be helpless at first then running around after birth. You would never see a newborn sea creature being unable to swim unless it can be carried around, otherwise it would die. A lot of other creatures can walk within hours after birth, you'll notice those animals don't have any way of carrying their offspring. Kangaroo's take 6 months until they can start walking around, they're carried around in their mothers pouch. I believe it's somewhat of an evolutionary trade-off between the mother being pregnant and the child being helpless. A mother carrying a child is much more capable than a pregnant one, they're able to move around much better with the baby in their hands/pouch.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FluffyTehFennekin
Tags
None