Disaster Babysitter files human rights complaint against father for asking about his age and gender -

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
This one those situations where I’m all for discrimination, no if or but’s about protected class. A parent needs to feel comfortable leaving their child and their home to a stranger. Who is more often than not without training or license unlike school or daycare staff. That means that the parent has to personally weed out all danger and they have very few tools to do so. So if a parent feels that this person in untrustworthy for what ever reason like the candidate smells funny, has a runny nose or is a male, they have duty to their kids to not hire them. Still I sympathize with rejected babysitters to a extent, it’s not fun be demeaned as unworthy but ultimately that’s just normal part of looking for work.

Only thing I’m surprised that this doesn’t involve troons of any kind. Would think something like this would be a good candidate for child rearing equivalent of cotton ceiling.

Last edited:

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That means that the parent has to personally weed out all danger and they have very few tools to do so.
Still I sympathize with rejected babysitters to a extent, it’s not fun be demeaned as unworthy but ultimately that’s just normal part of looking for work.
This here I think is the critical factor. Not only it impinges on the freedom of association, but a parent can't do a background check and should not be able to do an ad-hoc background check on random people who may or may not be applying to babysit. (However, an intermediary agency which does background checks should not have the right to flat out reject applicants on the basis of sex.)

If you have a penis, you can't be a babysitter in our society.
Disagree (factually and in principle). Dudes are in high demand as "personal tutors" (same as babysitters but the babies aren't allowed to binge on Peppa) to privileged kids (especially boys). My friend, who was instrumental in me learning to code and getting a decent job, is a butler and former babysitter (to a boy and a girl IIRC, he (a middle-aged dude) and a young female nanny/cook/laundromat babysat in shifts; the kids are grown now).

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
So here is a funny fact: when this topic comes up in female-dominated forums, any woman who says this will be dogpiled and shamed for being "bigoted" against men. Women consider it the height of wokeness to hire a "manny."

But when it comes up among men, especially dads, it's pretty much unanimously "hell fucking no, why does this guy want to be alone with kids that aren't his relatives?"
You're prob right about the first point but I bet those women still only hire women as a nanny because deep down they don't trust men they don't know with their children either.

Underestimated Nutria

kiwifarms.net
I didn't know that was an actual law here. That's actually pretty great.
Obviously it stems from a lot of Canadians being alcoholics though so in true fashion there's always a negative to something good about Canada.

I always assumed "middle age" was like 35-45, since that's around half of the average lifespan.
EDIT: Also why it's called a 'midlife crisis'.
Dante ("Midway upon the journey of our life") ... he was thirty five, or exactly half of the biblical seventy.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
No wonder Canada wants to get rid of guns so badly. If you abuse some rights-defying social justice kangaroo court to force strangers to grant you access to their children, you're inviting a 12-gauge shell to the back of your throat. You do not mess with people's kids.

I'm really impressed at the hypocrisy of a woke culture that normally demonizes men and presumes guilt upon them for anything and nothing at all yet would allow a regular man to demand he be affirmative action'd into a stranger's home with their children unsupervised.

We have mutual combat in Canada, so as long as the other guy wants to fight we're fine.
What if the other guy has an interview with animenewsnetwork.com a decade later and says he felt really uncomfortable? Can consent be retroactively revoked?

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
lol he got rejected and he thinks it's because he's a man, but based on screenshots maybe it's because your potential employer took a ten second scan through your psychotic facebook?

Every babysitter I've ever known who wasn't already an available older cousin or family friend has either been 14 or a dowdy old woman. There are men genuinely great with kids, but becoming a babysitter for hire as a male and not expecting funny looks is like becoming a welder as a scrawny female.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
My personal views:

If can't walk = Baby
Somewhere between walking and kindergarten = Toddler
Between toddler and maybe 10 or so = Little kid
About 10 to 13 = Big kid
13 - 18 = Teenager
18 - 30 = Young adult
30 - 50 = Middle-aged adult
50 - 70 = Early elderly
70 - 90 = Medium elderly
90 - 110 = High elderly

Boy/girl = Anybody around the same age as me or younger, or equal social status (I fall in the "Young Adult" spectrum)
Man/woman = Anybody older than me, or higher social status

Edit: I should clarify, "Childhood" to me corresponds to Babies, Toddlers, Little Kids, and Big Kids. Teenagers are Adults of a lower social status. But, anybody from Babies on up through younger Young Adults (like, college-aged and lower) are "boys" and "girls" to me.

Edit: As I think about it more, age doesn't really correspond to years anyways. Some people age a lot faster than others. That's especially prominent in the Early elderly and Medium elderly years. Some people in their 60s look like other people in their 90s. But then you have issues like race ones: blacks dont' visibly age fast, but their bodies wear out fast. And of course, social age is purely a matter of social structure.
I view things pretty similarly. It might just be my age bias, though, as I'd raise the "Middle-age" to 55. Partially, it's because I find the vast majority of people are their most productive economically between 30 and 55. Before 30, there isn't enough experience, wisdom, or meshing with whatever system they work in, after 55 there starts to be some lethargy and shirking.

It varies person to person, as you say, though. I'm in my sixties, and people often assume I'm around 50, but that's largely a combo of always being physically active hroughout my life and having genetics that aren't garbage. I've met plenty of 50 year olds who hobble around like 90 year old men, though. I've also met 25 year olds who have their shit together better than I ever have or will.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
I wonder how many more of these stories need to happen before people realize the social justice fee fee courts were a mistake.
I was thinking that too but you know some faggot Canadian politician will release “statistics” (that are totally not fake) and say for every Jonathan yaniv there are hundreds of legit cases.

Were these social justice kangaroo courts intended to force women to wax men’s balls or force families to hire a clear male pedophile to babysit their kids?

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I was thinking that too but you know some faggot Canadian politician will release “statistics” (that are totally not fake) and say for every Jonathan yaniv there are hundreds of legit cases.

Were these social justice kangaroo courts intended to force women to wax men’s balls or force families to hire a clear male pedophile to babysit their kids?
Once China completes its hostile take over of canada itll go away

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
So here is a funny fact: when this topic comes up in female-dominated forums, any woman who says this will be dogpiled and shamed for being "bigoted" against men. Women consider it the height of wokeness to hire a "manny."

But when it comes up among men, especially dads, it's pretty much unanimously "hell fucking no, why does this guy want to be alone with kids that aren't his relatives?"
Men are territorial against men and women against women, news at eleven.

Seriously though can you give an example of women dogpiling each other for bigotry against men? I don't think I've ever seen that. Sounds entertaining.

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net
Men are territorial against men and women against women, news at eleven.

Seriously though can you give an example of women dogpiling each other for bigotry against men? I don't think I've ever seen that. Sounds entertaining.
Set up an account on a forum like babycenter dot com. Make sure your username is girly. Ask the group "I am looking for a sitter for my three young daughters. An 18 year old guy called yesterday to apply. He seems really eager to start, but I'm wondering if this is ok. Is it safe? I feel uncertain about this." Wait. It will come, without fail.

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino