• Original Forum (DO NOT STEAL)

Culture Babysitting While Black: Georgia Man Was Stalked by Woman as He Cared for 2 White Children

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Zhoban, Oct 10, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Babysitting While Black: Georgia Man Was Stalked by Woman as He Cared for 2 White Children

By Melissa Gomez

October 9, 2018

Corey Lewis first noticed the woman as he crossed the Walmart parking lot in Marietta, Ga., on Sunday afternoon. She was sitting in a Kia sedan, he said, as he led the two children he was babysitting back to his car.

By the time he had them buckled up and ready to go, he had his phone out and was live-streaming on Facebook as he narrated a story about how the strange woman had begun stalking them after he refused to let her talk to the children, Mr. Lewis, 27, said in an interview.

She followed him out of the parking lot, to the gas station across the street, and to his home, where Mr. Lewis, who is black, was questioned by a Cobb County police officer about why he had with him two young children, who are white.

“I didn’t know what was going on, what she wanted to do,” Mr. Lewis said on Tuesday, believing that the woman had called the police because he was a black man walking around with two white children. “I felt like my character was being criminalized.”

Sgt. Wayne Delk confirmed the incident, saying that an officer had responded to a call from a woman on Sunday afternoon. The police did not say whether they knew her identity.

In a series of live videos on Facebook, Mr. Lewis recorded the incident, which began in a Walmart parking lot and ended as the latest instance of a black person being reported to the police while doing a lawful activity, like golfing, napping, shopping or even canvassing.

For Mr. Lewis, the episode was particularly troubling because it happened while he was working. Mr. Lewis owns his own business, Inspired By Lewis, in which he takes care of children five days a week as part of the youth mentoring program he created three years ago. His clientele is mainly white, he said, but up until Sunday, it had never occurred to him that that would give someone a reason to call the police on him.

He said he had spent that afternoon watching 6-year-old Nicholas and 10-year-old Addison while their parents were out. After taking them to an indoor play area, he took them to Walmart to eat at the Subway, he said.

After leaving the store, he and the children were hanging out by his car when the woman pulled up and asked if the children were all right. Confused, Mr. Lewis replied, “Why wouldn’t they be O.K.?” She shrugged before driving off, he said, only to return to ask to speak to Addison. Mr. Lewis said he told her no, and she insisted on getting his license plate number before driving away, only to stop within sight.

Mr. Lewis said he drove to a nearby gas station, where she followed him. Instead of taking the children home, he drove them to his house, where he knew people would be outside.

Mr. Lewis continued to record as a police car pulled up, and the officer asked him what was going on. “I’m being followed and harassed,” he says, to which the officer replied, “I’ve heard.”

The confrontation ended without issue, with the officer seemingly convinced that the children — who offered similar explanations for what occurred — were fine, but he asked if he could check in with their parents, Mr. Lewis said.

“It just knocked us out of our chair,” David Parker, their father, said on Tuesday. “We felt horrible for Corey.”

Mr. Parker and his wife, Dana Mango, were at dinner when they received the call, and his wife had to be convinced that it was not a prank, he said.

Mr. Lewis is a family friend and well known in the community for working with children, Mr. Parker said, describing him as an “All-American guy.”

Mr. Parker said that he wanted to give the woman the benefit of doubt, but that his children were having a good time with Mr. Lewis, and they were not in any apparent danger. Mr. Lewis was also wearing his signature shirt — a bright green T-shirt bearing his company’s logo.

“I don’t think you have to watch too many ‘Law & Order’ episodes to realize kidnappers don’t usually wear fluorescent green shirts,” he said, adding that he felt Mr. Lewis had handled the situation well.

Mr. Parker said he had a proud moment when, during an interview with a reporter, his daughter was asked if she had anything she wanted to say to the woman. “She said that, ‘I would just ask her to next time, try to see us as three people rather than three skin colors because we might’ve been Mr. Lewis’s adopted children,’” he recalled.

On Tuesday, Mr. Lewis was back working with children, saying he wasn’t going to let the episode keep him from doing his job.

“You see these things, but they’re like from a distance,” he said. “But then for it to actually happen to you, it’s unbelievable.”

• Feels Feels x 23
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Babysitting while male, with no familial resemblance. "See something, say something", right?

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Sofonda Cox

Sofonda Cox Antinatalist, reality enthusiast, witness.

kiwifarms.net
  3. Why is an adult male working as a babysitter? That’s a job for teenage girls or illegal wetbacks who are clever enough to learn the language.

• Dumb  x 13
    • Agree  x 11
    •  x 6
    • Dislike  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  4. People will joke but I don't see how stuff like this happens. There are so many adopted kids and mixed race couples. Maybe if the kids were Asian it would be kind of out of place but my first thought seeing a black guy with white kids wouldn't be "kidnapper" and I probably would not even notice.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. tbh, it's probably better (at least reputation-wise) to be a black male with white children rather than the opposite

if you fit that description you might be seen as a kidnapper, but a white male with black children probably looks like a cuckold... i know which one i'd rather be seen as

Edit: i'd rather be seen as a kidnapper than a cuckold if you couldn't tell

• Dumb  x 7
    •  x 5
    • Autistic  x 3
    • Feels  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    #5 OhGoy, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    OhGoy

OhGoy there's a rage within this vessel

kiwifarms.net
  6. Black man being there for children? Call the police. Racist, bored white people.

• Agree  x 10
    • Dumb  x 2
    • Winner  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Maybe he just wants to give back to his community.

• Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Maybe he's a family friend

• Feels Feels x 7
    Ron /pol/

Ron /pol/ my.mixtape.moe/fmazxh.webm

kiwifarms.net
  9. THAT'S SEXIST! REEEEEEE

• Feels Feels x 2
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips My avatar's creepy enough as it is.

kiwifarms.net
  10. He isn’t, article states it’s his job.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Commander Keen

kiwifarms.net
  11. I suppose it helped him as evidence that he indeed dindu nuffin, but why was the babysitter live-streaming on Facebook? It's like he WANTED attention.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.net
  12. C'mon it's [CURRENT YEAR] jobs shouldn't be restricted by gender you sexist. (sarcasm obv)

• Feels Feels x 4
    d12

d12 smh already seeing xmas decorations

kiwifarms.net
  13. You literally answered that in your first sentence.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Huntin' Slash

Huntin' Slash "baked" jake sisko
    Staff Member Manager

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of spooky werewolves
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. LOL what a fucking dumb coon NIGGER we should put them in camps fucking disgusting welfare dirt people #maga

• Feels  x 4
    • Winner  x 2
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    autism420

autism420 neg rate me = u admit to being a fagit cuck nerd ߷
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Lol, this thread is a funny ride.
    Literal libtard.

• Autistic Autistic x 5
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. I’m not buying he’s a friend of the family. They might be on a first name basis and they trust him enough to patronize his baby sitting business, but I seriously doubt the guy is a friend of the family.

• Autistic Autistic x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Commander Keen

kiwifarms.net
  18. People try to make this about racist policing when it's actually about bored housewives who get scared at many mundane things and waste taxpayer money by calling the cops. Calling the mom (if the person who called the cops actually knew the mom, anyways) to ask if there's a problem would make far more sense. The cops had to indulge some scared person by doing a welfare check on the children.

The fucked up thing is that if this man had actually been abusing those children you would see the woke twitter crowd going even harder against the police for doing their job, because they would have arrested the guy.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    #18 not william stenchever, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    not william stenchever

not william stenchever Suspected Info-Terrorist

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of spooky werewolves
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. Still not buying it. Calling the cops.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.