Bad voice acting/dialogue in games - "HI RYEEEUUUU"

I've always found the Aggressively British dub of Battle Construction Vehicles to be hilarious, if only because they didn't localize any of the names of the characters.

Reactions: Baklava

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

GameCube RPG that I actually like and feel is a bit underrated, but Jesus the voice acting is terrible. It sounds like they just rounded up some of the staff members and told them to talk into the mic while holding a cardboard tube to their mouth.
I can't speak to whether they're staff members or pros, but the cardboard tube part is true. It was some really poorly planned attempt at making it sound like you were observing from another world (Since you were playing that...spirit...or whatever), but it just make the already stilted voice acting sound even worse.

The whole dialogue in Harvester is uncomfortable.(Ex. : Mister Postdam obsesion of meat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcEktcGw1Q )
Harvester is a fucking gem and Mister Potsdam is a national treasure. I'd say for the most part, the voice acting did its job since the whole game was designed to be as uncomfortable as possible.

Baklava

kiwifarms.net
Clock Tower 2's main girl had a split personality or something with a super cringey voice

Countdown Vampires was a Resident Evil knockoff in many ways, including the voice acting

Oh shit, Barry Burton's voice actor was also in Countdown Vampires

edit: posted Goldman's stuff from House of the Dead but found that someone did post it earlier. Whoops

Last edited:

Raging Capybara

kiwifarms.net
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

GameCube RPG that I actually like and feel is a bit underrated, but Jesus the voice acting is terrible. It sounds like they just rounded up some of the staff members and told them to talk into the mic while holding a cardboard tube to their mouth.
And the sound quality is atrocious. Sometimes I think they used a built-in mic from a shitty laptop to record the lines and then compressed it to a 32 kbps sound file.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator & Climate Activist
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil 1 has already been listed as an example. Resident Evil Survivor is at least every bit as awful:
Vincent? It's MEEeeEE, your mother!

Reactions: c-no and The Shadow

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
Michigan: Report from Hell is The Room of video games. The voice acting is so bad it had to have been on purpose.
The entire game is a fucking trip, like someone made a horror movie where everyone involved was lobotomized. Vargskelethor Joel has a good playthrough of it if you don't mind a Swedish metalhead faggot laughing over it.

The entirety of Sonic
Except for Eggman's lines.
Fixed that for you.

Meaty Spaghetti

kiwifarms.net
a game you can't get anymore but it had QUALITY Voice acting

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
Michigan: Report from Hell is The Room of video games. The voice acting is so bad it had to have been on purpose.
The entire game is a fucking trip, like someone made a horror movie where everyone involved was lobotomized. Vargskelethor Joel has a good playthrough of it if you don't mind a Swedish metalhead faggot laughing over it.

Fixed that for you.
If you want a better playthrough of Michigan try Manlybadasshero's. He plays a lot of weird indie horror crap. It's pretty old and shit as far as his playthrough's go but.. Better than Joel.

jellycar

Patricia Campbell Hearst
kiwifarms.net
And the sound quality is atrocious. Sometimes I think they used a built-in mic from a shitty laptop to record the lines and then compressed it to a 32 kbps sound file.
I know that game along with Arc Rise Fantasia was done in Japan ala Shenmue with a small group of English speaking actors.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino