Bad voice acting/dialogue in games - "HI RYEEEUUUU"

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
KEHMONN. LITT RAYN NEVAH HURT NOBADDY
LITTS GOW PLAY

Apparently the kid actors were French (?)
It should say something about how bad Quantic Dreams' voice direction is when the most naturally flowing and normal sounding conversations and best story of their entire backlog came almost exclusively from Bryan Dechart and Clancy Brown going completely off-script, and doing stuff that Cage actively hated.

Nekromantik2

Just give us your toilet paper and walk away.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if Phantasmagoria would count because it's live actors but, I don't know where else to share the beauty of this.

• Agree
Reactions: Violence Jack

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's just not Pokémon Stadium without the announcer (God bless you, Ted Lewis), but let's not kid ourselves, his enthusiasm can't hide the awkward line-reading and mispronunciations of many Pokémon--and "Geevahnee". (Quality sucks in the second video unfortunately.)

Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Anonymous
kiwifarms.net
tHiS KID'S gOnNa DIE, aND I'm gOIN aROUnd in CIR-CLES

DroOOOOUUUWNed...in the GUAD-DAMN RAYN
Why you gotta call me out like this.

And for the record, the game's much easier to listen to in French. It's obvious by the English Dub that the kids and Laura were voiced by French peeps so Laura, presumably played by the same actress, sounds loads better.

Leon Ockenden also seems like a nice guy, they just didn't give him any direction on his voicework or what they wanted. I assume that was the case for just about the entire cast. At least they got Americans for Americans in Detroit.

ALSO also I wanna also mention that one Sacred-Fire guy in Skyrim because his voice single-handedly made me want to throw my physical copy of Skyrim into Mount Doom. "Heey're to disgus the ongoiing draygon hostilitees?"

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
(erin fitzgerald)
cant find good clips for:
Chie in Persona 4 vita version, she sounds like she's yelling for most of it (erin fitzgerald)
Devil Survivor Overclocked: Midori WOWZA BO-BOWZA (erin fitzgerald)
There's another VA I don't like named Yuri Lowenthal, but he's not so bad as much as he just has absolutely no variety. He always sounds exactly the same.

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Why you gotta call me out like this.

And for the record, the game's much easier to listen to in French. It's obvious by the English Dub that the kids and Laura were voiced by French peeps so Laura, presumably played by the same actress, sounds loads better.

Leon Ockenden also seems like a nice guy, they just didn't give him any direction on his voicework or what they wanted. I assume that was the case for just about the entire cast. At least they got Americans for Americans in Detroit.

ALSO also I wanna also mention that one Sacred-Fire guy in Skyrim because his voice single-handedly made me want to throw my physical copy of Skyrim into Mount Doom. "Heey're to disgus the ongoiing draygon hostilitees?"
The cliff racers make for excellent sport

Parson Weebs

Plus Ultra (further beyond)
kiwifarms.net
Hi y'all. I can't remember the game's title, or if i ever knew it, but years ago I saw a clip from what looked like an action/sci-fi FPSngame. A character who might have been a Gordon Freeman knockoff said to a meeker looking guy "Is it really so easy?" in what sounded like a very drawn out Australian accent, where each vowel was dragged out. (The two characters were discussing the logistics of launching a nuclear strike or a particle accelerator program, something in that nerdy ballpark). Then there eas a firefight with some goons and the quieter, non-Australian(?) guy was killed. Does anyone know which game I'm talking about? (I don't).

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net

A decent little platformer, but the writing tried way to hard to he "hip" and "cool". The game's writing would have been a lot better if was was more self aware/more of a parody of this type of writing style.

And let's not forget this little gem:

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
This classic from Kingdom Hearts 356/2 Days
1585033841899.jpg
That game was filled with goofy dialogue.
1585033973312.jpg

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net

Last edited:
Tags
None