Baki the grappler and all related series -

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
Just finished watching the Netflix version and was looking to get started on the manga. What's a good place to start with that if I'm looking for maximum WTF?
You can continue with Son of Ogre, thats the series immediate to the nextflix adaptation, it gets pretty bonkers in places, like the defrosted caveman Pickle, you can skip the original series, the netflix adaptation basically has all the important characters and plot points, but is cool to read or watch if you want to get the most of your Baki experience.

Pentex

kiwifarms.net
A couple of women get raped, but the author has kindda a very primeval definition of rape, if you are a strong man, then she secretly wants it. Definetly not his strong suit, but there a some great female characters: Baki's mom, Oliva's lover, even Baki's girlfriend.
The thing that turns the Pickle rape struggle snuggle scene from jarring to black comedy is that at the end it looks like Baki has been dickmatized by the sight of Pickle's manhood.

• Feels
Reactions: kobox666

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
What do you guys think of the current arc? At first It made me abandon Baki for some months because Itagaki made Oliva loss so badly it was almost as if he just wanted to get rid of the character, and he is my favorite. At least in the Musashi arc everyone's defeats were soften a little bit. Now, I'm enjoying it, the sumo vs arena fighters was a nice twist and the fights so far have been cool. I still hope Oliva gets something at the end of Itagaki's sumo orgy.

Attachments

Last edited:

linchan

kiwifarms.net
There isn't any stakes considering that this is probably going to end up like Raitai tournament, probably with less humiliation now that the opposing team is Japanese. But man if they suffer one loss it better not be Hanayama.

• Agree

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
What do you guys think of the current arc? At first It made me abandon Baki for some months because Itagaki made Oliva loss so badly it was almost as if he just wanted to get rid of the character, and he is my favorite. At least in the Musashi arc everyone's defeats were soften a little bit. Now, I'm enjoying it, the sumo vs arena fighters was a nice twist and the fights so far have been cool. I still hope Oliva gets something at the end of Itagaki's sumo orgy.
I still can't get over how they did my other favorite character Retsu Kaioh dirty like that.

Also: thread theme

• Feels

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
There isn't any stakes considering that this is probably going to end up like Raitai tournament, probably with less humiliation now that the opposing team is Japanese. But man if they suffer one loss it better not be Hanayama.
I think it will be a clean sweep for the arena guys, but the point is going to be that Grand Sumo is to be respected as a martial art. I guess you would have to be japanese to get the most of it. Poor sumo guys, they really got shitted badly when MMA became a thing. I respect them as athletes and as a cultural institution, but there is no way a pure sumo competitor beats an mma guy in a everything goes match.
At least the last two fights have been fun.

Pentex

kiwifarms.net
I read up to chapter 67 of the Nomi no Sukune arc. Of course, the sumo boys are going to get cleanly swept by the Baki crew, but they've been pre-habilitated by beating up the 'top MMA' fighters in the world (including one guy who looked suspiciously like Conor McGregor) so I guess they'll be fine.

• Agree

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
I read up to chapter 67 of the Nomi no Sukune arc. Of course, the sumo boys are going to get cleanly swept by the Baki crew, but they've been pre-habilitated by beating up the 'top MMA' fighters in the world (including one guy who looked suspiciously like Conor McGregor) so I guess they'll be fine.
Yeah, I dont see any of the sumo bois getting a win, but their loses have been with dignity.

Tags
None