World Bali has had enough of begpackers: Freeloading travellers to be sent packing - No word on them blasting Slayer to drive them off

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
We'd have to do more research on it, but the first thing that comes to mind are The Beatles and their "trascendental meditation" stay in India in the late '60s. They''ve single-handedly spawned the New Age movement so I'm sure we can track records of the first "begpackers" from the early '70s, at least.
As much as that insipid video (David Lynch you FUCKING WHORE) really made me want to crack a joke along the line of "Lennon deserved to get shot!" is there any confirmation of whether or not they did this for free? Critics seem to make the weirdo they were staying with out to be a crook.

• Agree
Reactions: Ahriman

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
There's so fucking many of them. How long has this been a thing?
I have a buddy who spends most of his time traveling. Goes out for six months, comes back home to work in IT for a few months, then bounces back out again after saving enough. Traveling doesn't have to be expensive. Hostels, flying budget airlines, camping, eating out of grocery stores, or staying in super cheap countries can really stretch that dollar. Hell, you can even volunteer on farms for room and board if you want to get "closer to nature" or whatever.

I've traveled a bit and stayed at a few hostels. These assholes are everywhere. There's always one guy who wants to go out, but is quiet as a church mouse when the tab comes due. These guys are just cunts. They have emergency funds to be sure, but I wager most have no real jobs or skills they can rely on when they go back home. They've effectively cucked themselves and they know it.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
As much as that insipid video really made me want to crack a joke along the line of "Lennon deserved to get shot!" is there any confirmation of whether or not they did this for free? Critics seem to make the weirdo they were staying with out to be a crook.
Couldn't say for sure, but it's well-known that the Indian guru they were staying with, despite saying he was celibate, was very touchy-touchy with some of the girls in the retreat.

The band members arrived in India in mid-February 1968, along with their wives, girlfriends, assistants, and numerous reporters. They joined a group of 60 people who were training to be TM teachers; among the other celebrity meditators were musicians Donovan, Mike Love, and Paul Horn, and actress Mia Farrow. While there, Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Harrison wrote many songs, and Ringo Starr finished writing his first. Eighteen of those songs were recorded for The Beatles ("the White Album"), two songs appeared on the Abbey Road album, and others were used for various solo projects.

The retreat and the discipline required for meditation were met with varying degrees of commitment from the individual Beatles. Starr left on 1 March, after a 10-day stay; McCartney left later in March to attend to business concerns. Harrison and Lennon departed abruptly on 12 April following rumours of the Maharishi's inappropriate behaviour towards Farrow and another of his female students. The divisive influence of the Beatles' Greek friend Alexis Mardas, financial disagreements, and suspicions that their teacher was taking advantage of the band's fame have also been cited by biographers and witnesses as reasons for the two Beatles' dissatisfaction.
Never really looked into it but if you're interested, there's a pretty good docu-series on Netflix about a crooked Indian guru and his assistant, doing all kinds of shady shit.

It'll make you rage and despise hippies even more. I usually don't recommend Netflix crap but that one is pretty good.

Last edited:

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
There's so fucking many of them. How long has this been a thing?
I think the internet has enabled them massively. It used to be that if you didn't speak the language fluently, you had to hire a guide, or pre-plan everything through (expensive) businesses in travel guides.

It takes a special kind of scummy fucker to deliberately end up "broke" abroad in countries where you could live off a only a few dollars per day.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Malodorous Merkin

Musky
kiwifarms.net
I imagine the Machu Picchu ruins and the Nazca lines in the desert attracts these exceptional individuals like moths to the flame. The Amazon, Atacama salt desert in Chile, etc. The ideal places for them to have "a spiritual connection with nature".

On a lighter note, JP did a terrifyingly accurate video about dating (or even speaking to) one of these spiritual individuals, he absolutely nailed the "traslation".

:story:
Here's where you'll find droves of begpackers.

Capture.PNG

They crawl all over the town like patchouli-stinkin' rats, and they cluster around the train station, and along where the Inca Trail passes, to panhandle. They also bathe in the "upriver" part of the thermal springs(so they don't have to pay) and pollute the water with their gross moldilocks germs.

And plenty of them are American.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
Here's where you'll find droves of begpackers.

View attachment 838386

They crawl all over the town like patchouli-stinkin' rats, and they cluster around the train station, and along where the Inca Trail passes, to panhandle. They also bathe in the "upriver" part of the thermal springs(so they don't have to pay) and pollute the water with their gross moldilocks germs.

And plenty of them are American.
I'm sure it's a beautiful place to visit, it's a shame these nasty hippies ruin it like that. That south korean dude kept saying that he reports them to the police, that's probably a good start over there too.

Also,
The article doesn't mention any Americans, it's all Brits, Russians, Australians, and Germans, which makes sense because I can't imagine many Americans would do this. I know a few are that clueless, but this definitely feels more hippy Europeanish and Russian.
>He thinks this is just an eurotrash pastime
:story:

In downtown Buenos Aires, if you pass by the hostels, you can hear how fucking LOUD american backpackers are.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In downtown Buenos Aires, if you pass by the hostels, you can hear how fucking LOUD american backpackers are.
Being loud? That's not what the article is about. I have zero doubt that Americans are loud. We're a very cocky, proud people and we love to rep where we're from.

Unless they are being loud while hanging up signs begging for money, doing yoga poses while barefoot, I don't really understand your point.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
Sifting through the hashtag brings up a lot of pissed off people, it's pretty refreshing to see that hippies are universally hated now.

Those last 2 bring up a good point.

This dude is so mad, gotta love him: https://twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1137011679869333504

Being loud? That's not what the article is about. I have zero doubt that Americans are loud. We're a very cocky, proud people and we love to rep where we're from.

Unless they are being loud while hanging up signs begging for money, doing yoga poses while barefoot, I don't really understand your point.
My point is, if you think this is just an eurotrash/aussie pastime in which 'muricans (especially those of the liberal persuasion) don't partake, you're delusional.

Jesus

Resident drunk
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bali is basically an Australian province now, we should just do the Indonesians a favour and annex it. It's good place, it's one of the few places in the world where yanks look like confused, out of place idiots.

Then we can deport all this white eurotrash to Manus Island and start making good with the Balinese, whose culture we've utterly polluted.

• Feels
Reactions: Ahriman

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My point is, if you think this is just an eurotrash/aussie pastime in which 'muricans (especially those of the liberal persuasion) don't partake, you're delusional.
I think the bulk of these kinda people are tho. Look at all those articles and pictures, seems like they're all foreigners.

I'm not saying that Americans can't be shitty, I've seen it and I loathe this kinda hippy, beggar shit as much as you. But I can't picture many Americans trying this particular con while backpacking through Southeast Asia, it seems so much more the type of shit a greasy, dreadlocked European would do.

Jesus

Resident drunk
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the bulk of these kinda people are tho. Look at all those articles and pictures, seems like they're all foreigners.

I'm not saying that Americans can't be shitty, I've seen it and I loathe this kinda hippy, beggar shit as much as you. But I can't picture many Americans trying this particular con while backpacking through Southeast Asia, it seems so much more the type of shit a greasy, dreadlocked European would do.
Trust me, there's plenty of annoying Americans. They're the EPL exceptional individuals trying to do it on the cheap, while still thinking the locals owe them a favour, because "muh America" or well to do middle class families that want the "genuine experience" without having to do anything 'icky' and never bothering to learn anything during their conceited cultural tourism.

Travelled a lot so south east Asia and seen it first hand.

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trust me, there's plenty of annoying Americans. They're the EPL exceptional individuals trying to do it on the cheap, while still thinking the locals owe them a favour, because "muh America" or well to do middle class families that want the "genuine experience" without having to do anything 'icky' and never bothering to learn anything during their conceited cultural tourism.

Travelled a lot so south east Asia and seen it first hand.
I'm aware they do stuff like that, they're horrendous. They do shit like that without leaving the USA and it's just as obnoxious. I don't care if they're doing it in some shithole in Southeast Asia or in an American city they're visiting, it's just as shit either way.

Niggernerd

Idolm@ster has all my big tiddy waifus
kiwifarms.net
I'm aware they do stuff like that, they're horrendous. They do shit like that without leaving the USA and it's just as obnoxious. I don't care if they're doing it in some shithole in Southeast Asia or in an American city they're visiting, it's just as shit either way.
It's gonna be funny when they say "but we hate Trump and are on your side!" while citizens in Bali are throwing rocks and monkeys at them

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino