Community Ball-Jointed Doll (BJD) Collectors -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Dirty Bird

kiwifarms.net
I'm actually experiencing more uncanny valley and confused by that doll's extra limbs and insect-like exoskeleton, the jointed dick seems normal in comparison :c

• Agree
Reactions: Sailor_Jupiter

Melkor

lil dick! big cock! AIDS lizard!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a DC guy with the extra joints and he's beautiful and surprisingly easy to pose. But yeah, he looks weird.

Anyone else remember when DC was like a breath of fresh air with their new not just muscular/busty designs? Oh, and before the child abuse thing.
I actually quite like DC a lot. The odd proportions have an uncanny valley feel to them but I find them kind of endearing.
I do want to get a Matthew, sans the bone wings. He's got one of the few face sculpts I like.
ETA: HOW DARE PEOPLE DOX US FOR BEING FUCKING INCORRIGIBLE CUNTS uwu
http://archive.li/yFYPm

grapefanta

kiwifarms.net
My favorite is the jointed dick from Doll Chateau, though.
nah my favourite is the one that dollshe's vampire Khan has.
http://www.dollshecraft.com/product/vampire-kan/
Dollshe is one of those artists that everyone creamself over that i dont get the appeal of. I'll admit his sculpting is pretty good but this guy is making a face like he just walked in to see someone taking a shit on his dining table. But that dick...just what the christ. I remember when it came out there was a whole load of giggling from the usual crowd, and many of them were the exact same people going 'omg EW men like dolls with giant boobies thats so OFFENSIVE and OBJECTIFYING!'

anyway why didnt anyone tell me there was BJD thread here, I would've joined sooner. I've only been in the hobby a few years but i've seen some serious shit and its why i mostly keep to myself and dont associate with the community much.

I also lurk the DD forums and I noticed people were talking about SisterKyoya. The whole ridiculous tantrum over the Len stuff was even weirder because she never wanted the doll itself, she only wanted his outfit. She got really angry about the company not making him look like her perfect vision of Len but she knew this at the time she bought him. She has weirdly specific ideas of how these Vocaloid characters need to look, despite the fact that they are basically royalty-free characters that can look like anything. I think that's fine, but she acts like the company is personally doing her wrong by not making them exactly to her tastes. She got all snooty in the thread for the Luka DD because shes convinced Volks will 'screw her up' by basing the doll on the official artwork instead of HER vision which was more in line with the big titty fanarts that fans draw. When people pointed out that it would make no sense for an official doll to be based on fanart instead of the official artwork she got defensive and acted like people were saying her vision was bad and invalid and went on another novel-length rant about how she is a PERFECTIONIST and all her dolls must be PERFECT. (she says this every times she complains but when you see how her dolls faceups look and the fact that she is constantly buying dolls that she never even does anything with and sometimes never even takes out of the box, I dont get how she can call herself a 'perfectionist'.)

Last edited:

Poogtail

there's poogs in these hills
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit I missed that jointed dick when it came out. I'm much in the same boat with Dollshe- there's a few sculpts I like but they're generally not my style.

I really need to lurk more in the DD hobby. All of the salt I get from it is second hand... but I'm not surprised to see that someone chimped out about the vocaloid releases.

anondotcom

I'd sell you to Satan for one corn chip
kiwifarms.net
I can see the appeal of Dollshe, but I really have no interest in owning one. Maybe way back when I first found out about BJDs, but certainly not now.

Honestly, the DD part of the hobby is relatively chill compared to the resin drama. I browse the forum pretty casually now, but everyone I brushed shoulders with were fairly welcoming and relaxed about the whole thing. SK is the reigning queen of DD salt, though. Her tagline of "infamously longwinded" is definitely accurate. I want to feel bad for her, considering all of her dietary restrictions/health issues, but it's hard to feel bad for someone who needs a TL;DR for every ragey post about anime drawings for vocal bank software.

grapefanta

kiwifarms.net
I'm much more bothered by her going on about how she's a trans man despite having all her dolls refer to her with female pronouns and call her 'mommy' in her photostories, and also fetishize the fuck out out of gay relationships, especially the shotacon shit, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is another case of 'no guys its ok for me to post shotacon, I'm a gay man!'. I dont want to be an asshole who would misgender a (genuine) trans person, but something doesn't add up there. After that cringey marriage equality photostory I was compelled to go digging in her instagram and it's just constant, ie, tagging this with 'yuri on ice', really? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdrb4D7HtBP/?taken-by=tamayukicam You can see someone called her out on that and her response is a big tl;dr that failed to address the problem of comparing living, breathing gay men to kawaii yaoi boiz you squee over. seriously I read that response three times and I got no idea what she's trying to say or how it was a reply to what the other person said.
I'd expect this from a teenager but she's apparently like 40? (A sentence to sum up many people in this hobby, to be sure)

You are correct that the DD side is like a pleasant spring breeze compared to whatever the flying fuck dumpster fire of drama of the day the resin side has. While SK does bother me, the only person I can say I actually can't stand is Drizz/animeshutterbug. I used to lurk a ridiculous 'erotic bjd photo group' on facebook purely for shits and giggles before I eventually grew bored of it because it was far too cringe, but also because every other day Drizz would be posting shots of the doll he has with one of those third-party optional hyper-realistic spreadable vagina. like christ dude we get it, you wanna fuck your doll.
(That group itself is worth a mention here, content aside there was an anonymous confession on that confession blog about how hilarious unerotic and cringey the photos were and the mod's response was to throw a massive tantrum and ban every member who had signed up in the past year, in the hopes of flushing out the terrible traitor who would say mean things about blurry awkward photos of plastic boobs and dicks.)

Last edited:

Melkor

lil dick! big cock! AIDS lizard!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm much more bothered by her going on about how she's a trans man despite having all her dolls refer to her with female pronouns and call her 'mommy' in her photostories, and also fetishize the fuck out out of gay relationships, especially the shotacon shit, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is another case of 'no guys its ok for me to post shotacon, I'm a gay man!'. I dont want to be an asshole who would misgender a (genuine) trans person, but something doesn't add up there. After that cringey marriage equality photostory I was compelled to go digging in her instagram and it's just constant, ie, tagging this with 'yuri on ice', really? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdrb4D7HtBP/?taken-by=tamayukicam You can see someone called her out on that and her response is a big tl;dr that failed to address the problem of comparing living, breathing gay men to kawaii yaoi boiz you squee over. seriously I read that response three times and I got no idea what she's trying to say or how it was a reply to what the other person said.
I'd expect this from a teenager but she's apparently like 40? (A sentence to sum up many people in this hobby, to be sure)

You are correct that the DD side is like a pleasant spring breeze compared to whatever the flying fuck dumpster fire of drama of the day the resin side has. While SK does bother me, the only person I can say I actually can't stand is Drizz/animeshutterbug. I used to lurk a ridiculous 'erotic bjd photo group' on facebook purely for shits and giggles before I eventually grew bored of it because it was far too cringe, but also because every other day Drizz would be posting shots of the doll he has with one of those third-party optional hyper-realistic spreadable vagina. like christ dude we get it, you wanna fuck your doll.
(That group itself is worth a mention here, content aside there was an anonymous confession on that confession blog about how hilarious unerotic and cringey the photos were and the mod's response was to throw a massive tantrum and ban every member who had signed up in the past year, in the hopes of flushing out the terrible traitor who would say mean things about blurry awkward photos of plastic boobs and dicks.)
You should see Drizz's wife. She's fucking ugly.

• Agree
Reactions: grapefanta

anondotcom

I'd sell you to Satan for one corn chip
kiwifarms.net
No joke, a friend of mine bought a doll secondhand and it arrived covered in this weird, sticky film, and it smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke and wet dog.
I wish I had a horrifying rating to give you.

I'm pretty desensitized to the whole "sexy" DD thing, though Drizz still squicks me out. Back in the day when Wolfheinrich blogged about his dolls, he took tons of "erotic" photographs of them, and that was really my first exposure to DDs. It's generally not any worse than the kind of moe blob anime waifu fanservice you see all over the place.

Still, I wish people would stop buying onaholes for DDs. My dude, you can get your rocks off without spending that much money on an anime-faced silicone masturbation sock.

Morimba

Eating 5 feelings a day
kiwifarms.net
No joke, a friend of mine bought a doll secondhand and it arrived covered in this weird, sticky film, and it smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke and wet dog.
I always get too nervous when I buy second hand. This made me even MORE nervous. I bought a recast doll second hand and it was stained with these weird yellow blotches that I'm PRETTY sure were from an animal.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
I always get too nervous when I buy second hand. This made me even MORE nervous. I bought a recast doll second hand and it was stained with these weird yellow blotches that I'm PRETTY sure were from an animal.
That's nothing compared to this bad transaction that I saw in one of the Facebook groups today. How does someone even get the inside of a doll head this dirty? This image is cursed.
cursed.jpg

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
That's nothing compared to this bad transaction that I saw in one of the Facebook groups today. How does someone even get the inside of a doll head this dirty? This image is cursed.
View attachment 362600
Christ. What did the outside look like?

Though I could see something like that if a person was airbrush painting the outside with a fantasy color, but that just looks like grime.

blah

kiwifarms.net
[...]
Danny is a huge weeaboo who moved to Japan and made anime BJDs known as SmartDolls. Despite the name, there is nothing "smart" about SmartDolls, they are just chunks of vinyl.
[...]
Possibly :late: and :autism: but I think they are actually trying (and failing) to make the dolls smart, problem is that there is not much room to work with when it comes to the small parts. They seem to have realized it will not be possible to make them actually smart and portable, so they've resorted to trying to getting them to mopve when standing on a podium or similar showcase.

He seems to have given up on that endeavour though, haven't seen any actual updates on the mechatronics for a long time. Probably settled for 3D-printed XLL-breasts and Hijabs instead.

Either way what he is trying was pretty much perfected in the 1700's by people like Pierre Jaquet-Droz, only thing he could possibly make better is real time processing with a modern microcontroller instead of programmable disks.
Here are some way more impressive automata that does not have the mark of the weeaboo:

Slightly off topic, but I can not help myself when it comes to automatons.

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 362604
View attachment 362605

I swear this doll head is definitely cursed.
JFC what is that??

I don't like dollshe faces but I ordered a body from them for a head because that body was pretty ugly and too expensive anyway. I kind of regret it because I didn't know about the 1 year wait. I keep hearing about new resin smell but neither of my dolls smelled like anything out of the box.

I follow a bunch of dramacentric doll collectors and it's amazing how even the known recast owners get their asses kissed en masse.

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
JFC what is that??

I don't like dollshe faces but I ordered a body from them for a head because that body was pretty ugly and too expensive anyway. I kind of regret it because I didn't know about the 1 year wait. I keep hearing about new resin smell but neither of my dolls smelled like anything out of the box.

I follow a bunch of dramacentric doll collectors and it's amazing how even the known recast owners get their asses kissed en masse.
A Mirodoll Mika head, and a very cursed grimy damaged one at that. Despite the seller saying it was in great shape, it was very dirty and yellowed, and the headcap is blue from an unsuccessful attempt to dye the doll jet black with the wrong type of dye. (And that's not even mentioning that face-up...)

Here's an example of the same sculpt when it hasn't been handled by a crazy person:
mika.jpg

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone I follow got a Mika and it was filled with black crap inside the legs and arms. It also had apparently been spray painted? Because they ordered a dark shade and the resin didn't come out dark enough. They wiped their faceup the usual way and the face is now 4 shades lighter. That was right from Miro Doll. I saw another MD (not sure what sculpt) ordered in that same colour turn out even lighter. Both people are trying to get them recast so maybe Miro Doll is just cursed. ResinSoul never seems to have those issues.