Community Ball-Jointed Doll (BJD) Collectors -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Dysnomia

DRUM HUT!
kiwifarms.net
Get up come on get down with the thiccness ahwahhahhahahh

Bonus meme - checkout the ultra realitic camel toe on these spicy niggas 10/10 would get a mortgage with
View attachment 432258 View attachment 432259 View attachment 432260
I generally think BJD are fug. But these are just beyond. I guess they are ceratopsid girls because of the crest and the pic of the one next to a dino.

Why have boobs? It's like when they make lizard girls with giant tits. The fact that the feet are big ol' claws but the hands are normal bugs me too.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be glad when the fat asses and tiny torsos thing dies. That and finding a non-Tumblr face-up artist. The over freckling and blushing is annoying.

• Agree
Reactions: ISO'os

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just a little reminder that Swandzz is now narrating her new story for her ugly dolls. (Let me know if she deletes it, I saved a copy)
I've been watching some of her videos recently and don't understand why she's "popular"? She gives away things she gets sent, throws her sewing fails like crumbs to supporters, has a bad case of gimmies, tries to sell mediocre art and caked on face-ups, seems to go through a lot of dolls in a short amount of time, retcons erratically, etc, etc, etc. Now she wants to sell a novel or whatever about her characters, as well as doing a giveaway for a Doll Leaves doll as long as she gets 200 supporters on Patreon. That's not such a bad deal, but it's like she's threatening to give it a face-up if she doesn't get the money back.

She said in one vid that she teamed with someone else to flip a doll, so I wonder if someone bought it for her face-up skills that apparently increases value or if they bought it to save it.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
There’s a small to-do going on right now as DollZone apparently used real fox fur for one of their dolls

Instagram with the wailing

To be honest I started laughing at the whole “they skin them alive!” comment. I mean I’m not a furrier, but I imagine skinning a living animal is a hell of a lot more difficult than a dead one, and more likely to damage the skin.

Morimba

Eating 5 feelings a day
kiwifarms.net
There’s a small to-do going on right now as DollZone apparently used real fox fur for one of their dolls

Instagram with the wailing

To be honest I started laughing at the whole “they skin them alive!” comment. I mean I’m not a furrier, but I imagine skinning a living animal is a hell of a lot more difficult than a dead one, and more likely to damage the skin.
Oh shit they're kind of cute. Doll community vegans will literally find any fucking thing to ree over.

anondotcom

I'd sell you to Satan for one corn chip
kiwifarms.net
Oh shit they're kind of cute. Doll community vegans will literally find any fucking thing to ree over.
Hey, in all fairness, they probably lead very boring lives. I mean, they play with expensive dolls consistently enough to have active social media presences. Gotta entertain themselves somehow.

I'm still enjoying all the recast drama with the Luo copyright issues.

Still makes me miss the days of quality drama cows, though. Swandzz, while petty and juvenile, really doesn't make for good drama in most situations. We could really use another Kazakai or Tracy Lynn.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, in all fairness, they probably lead very boring lives. I mean, they play with expensive dolls consistently enough to have active social media presences. Gotta entertain themselves somehow.

I'm still enjoying all the recast drama with the Luo copyright issues.

Still makes me miss the days of quality drama cows, though. Swandzz, while petty and juvenile, really doesn't make for good drama in most situations. We could really use another Kazakai or Tracy Lynn.
Have you read the Mirodoll banned thread on DoA? It was locked after 8 pages, but the bickering over elitism never gets old.

• Agree
Reactions: ISO'os

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Get up come on get down with the thiccness ahwahhahhahahh

Bonus meme - checkout the ultra realitic camel toe on these spicy niggas 10/10 would get a mortgage with
View attachment 432258 View attachment 432259 View attachment 432260
Is it bad I think those are actually kinda neat? If nothing else they're unique since I don't think I've ever seen a dinosaur bjd before.
Speaking of Kazakai, she's still a scamming edgelord fakeboi all these years later. Only now she's pretending to be southern instead of half Japanese and possibly kills animals to make bone jewelry (which she then never ships out to buyers). Eerie also finally got away from her, and her mom booted her out for being awful and not bathing and is selling her crap on eBay.

Source, this thread on LF.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh, I thought Kaz would've committed suicide. Should have expected this, seeing what an attention seeking edge lord she is.

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I think Kaz is way too narcissistic to kill herself. The closest she's come has been self injuring to manipulate others (her ex Brian claims she would cut herself and tell him it was his fault and shit like that).

Kaz is a real piece of work regardless. Definitely horrorcow territory IMHO. Even her own mother (or someone claiming to be her mom anyway) described her as being a future serial killer that kept dead kittens in jars.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Reading all this and wanting to get into doll-making ... oof!

Still, this thread serves as a great warning to anyone that wants to get into it. I can just imagine some poor newbie stepping into the equivalent of a field of landmines with the BJD community.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reading all this and wanting to get into doll-making ... oof!

Still, this thread serves as a great warning to anyone that wants to get into it. I can just imagine some poor newbie stepping into the equivalent of a field of landmines with the BJD community.
Tbh, it depends on where you hang out. I mostly just lurk DoA, and most of the drama seems to be a tumblr/instagram thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Witlich and ISO'os

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
I'm still a little confused ... what do BJD owners consider recasts? Is buying a blank BJD from a company and repainting it considered a recast, or is there more to it?

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I'm still a little confused ... what do BJD owners consider recasts? Is buying a blank BJD from a company and repainting it considered a recast, or is there more to it?
If you buy a blank from a company like Fairyland, it’s a Fairyland doll. If you buy a blank “Reaal Faiiryland Doll New!” on Taobao, it’s probably a recast.

If you aren’t careful on where you source a doll then you can get a recast, and depending on the site you’ll either be welcomed, or banned and reviled.

KidSparrow

Who are you again?
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, this thread as a newbies' first look might be a warning to avoid the absolute toxic behavior you see running rampant. As a diligent anti group hobby member in this money pit of a hobby, I keep one philosophy. BJD are plastic toys.

If you don't have the funds for decent materials or a $2o can of spray that yellows or chips in 6 years, the patience to wait however long for some 50/50 maybe shit quality doll to show up because the company wasn't feeling generous with your $200-600 item, or can't handle opinions/keep your mouth shut about politics, then this is not a hobby for you.

People not ass blasting companies more, not being skeptical of people in general, or understanding that there are places where recasts are the only options is a serious problem. (bringing up recasts because i usually see European and American complaints without much regard to those who have to deal with serious import fees or lack of dealers. If a Chinaman making 80/20 QC fakes in his basement can ship out a 3lb doll to some Russian village off the map, then i don't know what's going on.)

Just my 2 cents as i'm both fed up with this hobby/people and content with my circle of friends as we make leather boots on weekends

A copy of a company item for less than half the cost of the company item. Quality can be better than the original, or worse, depending on the maker, it will near identical to the original, but physically smaller or "warped". But legit companies have had warping issues as well, or just been garbage in general

http://t2ofhearts.blogspot.com/2011/09/thoughts-about-recent-fairyland-quality.html

a nice nugget from this one:

"I actually received my Pukifee from Denver Doll Emporium, who were actually a lot worse to deal with so I went directly to Fairyland. I don't think they much appreciated being emailed directly when it could have just as easily been a quality control issue with DDE, so I think that soured their attitude from the beginning. Neither company would accept responsibility (even after I sent them a video of me scrubbing at the stains and running my fingernail along the gouges) so I became really upset, more than frustrated. I felt like they thought I was a liar and a cheat. They're obviously having a lot of delays as well, which is sad, but I ordered waaaay before their price changes and waaay before any reports of delays, so I should have been treated the same."

Another nefarious company is Soom. Seamlines,thin spotswarping from old molds? nah, not a recast, just a legit soom with single jointed knees like this is 2006.

Lysenko

Soviet Geneticist
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, this thread as a newbies' first look might be a warning to avoid the absolute toxic behavior you see running rampant. As a diligent anti group hobby member in this money pit of a hobby, I keep one philosophy. BJD are plastic toys.

If you don't have the funds for decent materials or a $2o can of spray that yellows or chips in 6 years, the patience to wait however long for some 50/50 maybe shit quality doll to show up because the company wasn't feeling generous with your $200-600 item, or can't handle opinions/keep your mouth shut about politics, then this is not a hobby for you.

People not ass blasting companies more, not being skeptical of people in general, or understanding that there are places where recasts are the only options is a serious problem. (bringing up recasts because i usually see European and American complaints without much regard to those who have to deal with serious import fees or lack of dealers. If a Chinaman making 80/20 QC fakes in his basement can ship out a 3lb doll to some Russian village off the map, then i don't know what's going on.)

Just my 2 cents as i'm both fed up with this hobby/people and content with my circle of friends as we make leather boots on weekends
Yeah I always wondered why people would spend like a paycheck on basically plastic toys. Also, why are people pulling their hair out to get this "rare speshul" model when you can get plastic dolls at Walmart please enlighten me.
Am I insane for abandoning dolls at like age 12 when I discovered makeup and boys and big girl stuff?

ComputerWife

I want a divorce
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I always wondered why people would spend like a paycheck on basically plastic toys. Also, why are people pulling their hair out to get this "rare speshul" model when you can get plastic dolls at Walmart please enlighten me.
Am I insane for abandoning dolls at like age 12 when I discovered makeup and boys and big girl stuff?
Everyone has some kind of eccentric thing they love for no real reason, this is no different. It’s not inherently exceptional to own an expensive doll, but it is inherently exceptional to post about how your painted plastic toys are better than everyone else’s.