Community Ball-Jointed Doll (BJD) Collectors -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one talking about Jen (GreatBigToybox/NexJen) having a cry over reviewing a Luo recast?

YT vid

I can believe that people reacted badly to it, but she's also so thin skinned about everything that most of it can cancel each other out.

Pudgy Bear Claws

turdswallop
kiwifarms.net
Embedded:

She seems dumb. With a company name like "China BJD" it doesn't take much to figure out it's recasts (not to mention that they're sending one for free). If she'd gotten past her "gimme free stuff" reaction and had done an hour of research, she'd have figured out the last thing hardcore BJD collectors will go for is a review of a recast. It sounds like she didn't even understand what one is or how/why there's a segment of the collecting community that are downright militant about them.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She tries to be above it all, but she tends to go in blind with no research. It leads me to wonder why she'd accept Luo's offer when in another video she said not to buy from Chinese sellers because the toys could be toxic. (Referring to Eaki dolls, which are fine quality-wise)

She was also passive-aggressive over people commenting on her arm hair before. It amused me.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She was also passive-aggressive over people commenting on her arm hair before. It amused me.
You made me curious. I don't get women who are fine with shaving their moustaches, eyebrows, sideburns, underarms, legs, crotches, but consider arm hair a hill worth dying on - a lot of guys buzz theirs shorter than the video I saw of her bare-armed.

Last edited:

KidSparrow

Who are you again?
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad to see that my passive rage against the bs in this hobby has spread into my group forums haha.
The echo chamber effect is seriously annoying and the cost of "limited" dolls is still frustrating.
But I haven't seen too much drama lately.

I find that I've somehow slipped into action figures (1 coo base bod hybrid) and pullip (1 hybrid) after going into vinyl. God I want out. But it won't let me go lol

Embedded:

She seems dumb. With a company name like "China BJD" it doesn't take much to figure out it's recasts (not to mention that they're sending one for free). If she'd gotten past her "gimme free stuff" reaction and had done an hour of research, she'd have figured out the last thing hardcore BJD collectors will go for is a review of a recast. It sounds like she didn't even understand what one is or how/why there's a segment of the collecting community that are downright militant about them.
That was a good pot of drama for a while. Well, as good as 3 day old clam chowder can be.

She hardly seemed interested in bjd, as far as I could tell. Don't really see folks hop from mainline toys to bjd on review channels.
And folks in the comments wanted her to buy a fairyland to do a proper review lmao.
I was able to get a legit fl boy and compared him to a bootleg to see the difference. It wasn't enough for me to justify the difference, even if the new motion line body was won for $200.
I ended up selling the body for market price as intended and moved on.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was a good pot of drama for a while. Well, as good as 3 day old clam chowder can be.

She hardly seemed interested in bjd, as far as I could tell. Don't really see folks hop from mainline toys to bjd on review channels.
And folks in the comments wanted her to buy a fairyland to do a proper review lmao.
I was able to get a legit fl boy and compared him to a bootleg to see the difference. It wasn't enough for me to justify the difference, even if the new motion line body was won for $200.
I ended up selling the body for market price as intended and moved on.
Tbh, Fairyland is overrated, especially for the price. The upper thigh cup things drive me nuts and I have dolls in the 200$ range that are more stable. I'd still like a couple of the less popular head sculpts for hybridization though. A lot of the popular sculpts are very same-y.

I really like the Puki Puki body though.

• Informative
Reactions: NoFeline

KidSparrow

Who are you again?
kiwifarms.net
I like their fantasy parts. Probably some of the best considering articulation and stability.

Compared to soom with their trash bodies.

Luts are decent with their fantasy parts. Wouldn't mind a centaur tbh

I still want to see a sd fl centaur tho