Off-Topic Ball Jointed Doll (BJD) Discussion -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Poison_Ivy

Queen of the Couch-Fort
kiwifarms.net
The lolcow thread blew up with personal stuff so here I am making a thread for us girls and guys who just want to chat about dolls :)

Anything goes. Photos are allowed. If it's NSFW, just tag it. Have fun!

Also, make sure to list your favorite dolls companies.

If you don't own dolls and own other dolls/ toys, tell us your favorite! (Idk...trying to make things fun)

My favorite doll companies are Fairyland and Angell-Studio

Last edited:

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Question, are we going with DoA definition of BJD it can shit like 1/6 obitsus join as well?

Poison_Ivy

Queen of the Couch-Fort
kiwifarms.net
Question, are we going with DoA definition of BJD it can shit like 1/6 obitsus join as well?
I do NOT follow DoA standards. Obitsus are more than welcome!!

I have a JDoll. It's the Old Church Street one. It sits behind me with non balljointed dolls of Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and a small Catwoman.

Here's what it looks like. Not my site.

I've seen thise dolls before. Super cool! Are the customizable like a BJD or do they stay the way you buy them?

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Decided to finally post something since the weather is getting better... And that means face-up practice! I bought a new respirator and a few other things, so I'm hoping it all goes well. Today I took out a MiroDoll freebie Wind head and decided to practice ear piercing. The smallest bit is a good size for an SD head, but it won't work for my mini's, imo. (I do have some tiny hand drill bits from DollMore kicking around somewhere -- The Black & Decker cordless drill was only 15$ at Wal-Mart)

The head is a little wonky, so I'm not too concerned with the piercings being a little uneven. It won't be noticeable when I put studs in, anyways.

I think I'm going to do some sketching and flipping through some fashion mags to see what I want her to look like. :heart-full:

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright so what do you do with these things I am dying to know

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IDK I guess just admire them, like you admire your ponies and I admire my barbies.
So there's like a level of customization to them as well, correct? Like you get a blank doll and you do it up? Do you have to root their hair?

Poison_Ivy

Queen of the Couch-Fort
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I have 4 more dolls since the last time I was on here. My friend gave me 3 iplehouse dolls and I got a minifee mirwen for xmas. Has anyone else done anything with their dolls recently?

Reactions: HickoryDickory

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have one of the discontinued wide-hipped 1/4 DZ girl bodies coming in the mail. That's about it... Mostly I've been focusing on other (less expensive) hobbies.

Btw, which Iples did you get? I'm really fond of their old Lion sculpt.

Poison_Ivy

Queen of the Couch-Fort
kiwifarms.net
I have one of the discontinued wide-hipped 1/4 DZ girl bodies coming in the mail. That's about it... Mostly I've been focusing on other (less expensive) hobbies.

Btw, which Iples did you get? I'm really fond of their old Lion sculpt.
My friend gave me her EID Arvid, EID Carina, and SID Claude.

And ooooo! That's super cool! Did you get it in a trade or from a selling group?

And I'm trying to debate on a new YoSD. I sold my other girl and now it's weird without a 1/6 lol

Tags
None