"Banks take Stimulus Checks to cover Debts; Vox Populi Reeee's Banks Greedy"

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Ketamine Kat

THE UNIVERSE SAYS %41 IS NOT ENOUGH
kiwifarms.net

Am I the only one that's sitting here scratching at my head as to why these people feel entitled to having this money not be used for their overdrawn, AKA owed, money?

I hate banks as much as the next guy but come on, if you take more money than what you have, the bank letting you overdraw the money that would be otherwise not accessible and would make your purchase/payment bounce... Why do you think you should not pay what you owe? Yes it sucks having to pay debts that you incur... It's called logic.

Another way to apply logic would be to... You know... Not make purchases you can't afford? My heart out to people who genuinely are indebted not by choice but frankly it feels like there's less cases of that and more people being financially irresponsible and then calling banks greedy when they wouldn't have that money in the first place.

Besides that... If your whole stimulus gets retained by the bank... What's your business having overdrawn 1.2k????????? Again, financially irresponsible. The banks aren't to be blamed for that.

/rant

Oh Long Johnson

I got your 3PL right here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If any of you have ever worked for a bank and made the mistake of setting your direct deposit to the bank's "complimentary" employee account they give you upon hire, you wouldn't be using this story to own the libs ebin style.

Oh Long Johnson

I got your 3PL right here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elaborate please.
I am saying the number one complaint by former employees of banks tends to be the bank issuing a parting shot on your account, for any number of small print/no print reasons, none of which would be legal or even executed if the DD account were with a separate bank. All banks are different and owned/run by different people, but this is enough of a pattern that, if you were to be hired by a bank and know someone who used to work for any other bank, there's a decent chance their first piece of advice would be to not use the hiring bank's offered account for your direct deposit.

Zero Day Defense

Includes Rumble Pak (tm)
kiwifarms.net
Wait, they're telling the IRS to send their stimulus checks to accounts that are overdrawn instead of accounts that aren't overdrawn?

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

The Autism Dream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Classic Chris would’ve absolutely made a tard rage video about this.

THATS MY TUGBOAT I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!:mad:

Ketamine Kat

THE UNIVERSE SAYS %41 IS NOT ENOUGH
kiwifarms.net
Classic Chris would’ve absolutely made a tard rage video about this.

THATS MY TUGBOAT I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!:mad:

With Barb in the background complaining and begging for more money because they need it. Making videos with Chris in the car as they go to McDonalds to get the signature 8 piece nuggets and dollar sugar with a drop of tea.

Bankers should be dragged into the streets and hanged from lampposts.

As much as I'm all up for some mayhem and nihilistic harm caused to cunts with more money than morals... I feel dirty that I have to side with banks on this one. Can't afford something that's not essential? Don't buy it. Simple.

DuckSucker

NIbblin' bits since 2006
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I can argue is that as far as overdrawn accounts and shit, banks are complete cunts in that if youre there or close to there, it's not necessarily always financially being stupid, but that banks start charging you tons of fees and stupid shit.

I dont doubt that banks would take more than what theyre owed as far as overdrawn accounts, and then try to justify it with a bunch of stupid fees and "convenience" "remember we're a business first unless you have enough money with use to be incredibly convenient that we get more use out of you than you out of us" charges.

I switched to a credit union a long while back.

murdered meat bag

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I can argue is that as far as overdrawn accounts and shit, banks are complete cunts in that if youre there or close to there, it's not necessarily always financially being stupid, but that banks start charging you tons of fees and stupid shit.

I dont doubt that banks would take more than what theyre owed as far as overdrawn accounts, and then try to justify it with a bunch of stupid fees and "convenience" "remember we're a business first unless you have enough money with use to be incredibly convenient that we get more use out of you than you out of us" charges.

I switched to a credit union a long while back.
Your credit union is going to do the same if you have an overdrawn account.

DuckSucker

NIbblin' bits since 2006
kiwifarms.net
Your credit union is going to do the same if you have an overdrawn account.
Yeah but credit unions dont have minimum balance fees which is really what I was butthurt about. You can be trying to be financially responsible and balancing your checkbook and noticing, "shit Im getting low on money, I should get my shit in order, what I can cut out" but if youre a college student or something, paying like 20 bucks a month or whatever just for the "privilege" of having a bank hold what little money you have on top of books, rent, tuition and shit, is stupid.

Im mostly just bitching about bank fees because fuck banks.