Banned from Brave Publishing

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

TheBeanz

Heinz Meanz Beanz
kiwifarms.net
I wound up looking up the first people to kick off to Eich about this when the news broke in the BAT thread.

Looked up this 'Spotlight News UK' account, isn't even a news blog, seems to be a facebook group and a twitter commenting on shit going on with a 'certain political leaning'.

I find it incredible that he bent the knee to a sperg out from some absolute nobodies.

Bit gay, tbh

Solzhenitsyn

no dig just pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Damn, Null, I'm sorry this didn't work out. It's a sad world we live in when two bitter NEETs can bend a company over backwards via autistic screeching.

Fish-Eyed Fool

I'll point my finger at your nose
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Null, while I get that your situation is somehow "uniquely terrible", the one thing that still remains unanswered and is the most important question to this whole debacle is how you and/or this site are in violation of Section 5.2 of Brave's ToS. Without answer to that question, I don't really see how this same exclusion/ban/whateverthefuck shouldn't spill over into any other site with any commitment towards the free exchange of information.

The language for that Section 5.2 regarding threatening or "inciting violence" is so typically, corporately vague that pretty much anyone's site can be slammed with it and "banned" through the same loose justification. And since Eich won't elaborate on how that site violated said ToS, there's no reason to believe any place that isn't a sanitized and journalistically-approved wasteland won't get hit. At the very least, the one time some bad goy uploads the wrong go-pro vid, it's all over, but we all know it doesn't stop there. It never stops there.

Anyway, I'll keep using Brave and storing BAT for now until a method to transfer the shitcoin to a different wallet comes to light. Hopefully, we'll be able to transfer that Rewards money, then we can send shekels from watching VICE ads to KF and there's nothing faggots can do about it.

Last edited:

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so I'm dumb and this is probably a FAQ at this point, but here goes anyway.

I get BAT for accepting ads while browsing. Can I still send that to KF via any mechanism? Because if not, I'm turning that shit off and will just start mailing @Null a fucking check every month. To hell with it, anonymity be damned.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I get BAT for accepting ads while browsing. Can I still send that to KF via any mechanism? Because if not, I'm turning that shit off and will just start mailing @Null a fucking check every month. To hell with it, anonymity be damned.
THE GIST: This post remains the most up-to-date on how to donate to the Kiwi Farms. You will not be able to directly, via the Brave Browser, tip BAT to the site. I still suggest using Brave and holding on to your BAT because in the future there may be a way for you to contribute it to the site, or at least other banned content you like. I also still consider Brave the best modern browser and I believe in the project. It's not entirely their fault, stop bullying Brendan Eich.

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
Wow. You'd think someone who was pushed out as a founder and executive by fucking tyrannical SJW terrorists because he had opinions they didn't like, would have more empathy for someone else having their livelihood taken away over harmless speech. I guess now that he's successful again, he doesn't need to care about the little guy anymore. Maybe he should've named his browser "Cowardly".

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks @Null. Sorry for making you repeat yourself. I'll leave the ads running for now and look into either bitcoin or just setting up an automatic monthly check through my credit union.

Slowboat to China

Level 6 Hairy Hands Syndrome
kiwifarms.net
I'm a retard who doesn't know enough about crypto to make good decisions about it. Is PMing @Null prepaid Visa gift card details still a viable way to support the site? I'm finally in a financial place where I can start donating, but it seems like we're never able to last long on one platform thanks to the dangerhair squad.

Kerth Gersen

kiwifarms.net
I'm not big brained enough to understand this stuff, so I'll just send a money order to the PO box like the goddamn boomer I am.
Yeah, I was gonna put some bills in a shoebox in my backyard and then post "The Crow flies at midnight" or "The Gostaks have been distimmed." or some secret agent shit, but I'm starting to think I'm just not getting some part of the process. Fuck. And I was into computers before a lot of you whippersnappers were born, but knowledge from that era is about as useful as sportsball stats from the 60s.

I've been sending BAT over and will continue to do so.

Fuck Brave for being cowardly due to the mob.
Maybe they could change it to "Contingent Browser". Like, 'truth in advertising', if that's even still a thing.

Autisimodo

Sporadically active: Dealing with IRL shit.
kiwifarms.net
I know next to nothing about Crypto, so forgive me if this sounds stupid.

Would it be possible to exchange BAT to something like Bitcoin then donate it to the Farms?

Kerth Gersen

kiwifarms.net
I bet the next thing that will happen is that a swathe of gay people will get Brave to sack their CEO from the project.
After all, the guy already had been kicked out of Mozilla for the supporting an anti-LGBT group, supposedly.
He supposedly contributed to that manifesto of homophobic hate, California Ballot Prop 8 a few years ago. So it was for the crime of wrongthink. Really hateful wrongthink since all the gayos ever wanted was just equal marriage rights. Equal rights to the marital contract and they'd be done lobbying, protesting or looking to expand the scope of their "protected class" status.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Wow. You'd think someone who was pushed out as a founder and executive by fucking tyrannical SJW terrorists because he had opinions they didn't like, would have more empathy for someone else having their livelihood taken away over harmless speech. I guess now that he's successful again, he doesn't need to care about the little guy anymore. Maybe he should've named his browser "Cowardly".
I already did.

It can have its original icon back when Brendan Eich stops being a cuck.

edit: ico isn't an allowed file type so here's a zip.

Attachments

• cowardly.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 106

James Smith

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would it be possible to exchange BAT to something like Bitcoin then donate it to the Farms?
Not drectly. The wallet in your browser is "unidirectional," which is Brave not-so-clearly stating you can only use it to tip sites they support. You can horde it and hope that changes:
Brave said somewhere they intend on allowing you to withdraw grant money directly to Uphold in the next few months. So you can just wait, if you're willing to do a KYC dance with Uphold.
Otherwise, go create your publisher account with Brave, register a website or YouTube channel you control, and tip yourself. Then your BAT is in an Uphold wallet you control.

Don't be a cuck and uninstall Brave or disable ads to make some kind of statement to Brave Software. They're going to make money without your participation. Make a statement by happily taking their grant and ad money and giving it to whoever you want.

M

MG 620

kiwifarms.net

Fitting, because you can't write "cowardly" without "cow".

L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
The Brave ads are super fucking annoying and I literally only have them enabled so I can tip our fearless leader so I'm 100% disabling this shit if they don't let me do that lmao.

I'm still a little confused by exactly what happened here, frankly. So the new OP says that this is a US regulatory issue? So, despite the contents of the site being legal in the US, it is not legal for Brave to allow tipping via their cryptocurrency/browser? Is there a newly-discovered legal issue vis-a-vis funding the site via crypto in general? Cuz I was thinking I was gonna send some shitcoin n00l's way now. Is that still all on the up-and-up?

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not drectly. The wallet in your browser is "unidirectional," which is Brave not-so-clearly stating you can only use it to tip sites they support. You can horde it and hope that changes:

Otherwise, go create your publisher account with Brave, register a website or YouTube channel you control, and tip yourself. Then your BAT is in an Uphold wallet you control.

Don't be a cuck and uninstall Brave or disable ads to make some kind of statement to Brave Software. They're going to make money without your participation. Make a statement by happily taking their grant and ad money and giving it to whoever you want.
If you go this route, perhaps uninstall Brave afterward then reinstall using your own referral link. (Back up your wallet first. You may still lose any ad clicks that haven't paid out, but that will likely be less than the $5-worth you get from the referral). Also send friends & fam your referral link.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'm still a little confused by exactly what happened here, frankly. So the new OP says that this is a US regulatory issue? So, despite the contents of the site being legal in the US, it is not legal for Brave to allow tipping via their cryptocurrency/browser? Is there a newly-discovered legal issue vis-a-vis funding the site via crypto in general? Cuz I was thinking I was gonna send some shitcoin n00l's way now. Is that still all on the up-and-up?
Regulations scare banks and banks are cowardly so shit like our site makes companies that depend on banks (all of them) afraid to do business with us.