Banned from Brave Publishing

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
Regulations scare banks and banks are cowardly so shit like our site makes companies that depend on banks (all of them) afraid to do business with us.
Oh gotcha. So it's an issue of the SJWs screeching at the banks which are overly cautious due to hyperaggressive financial regulations. Those banks are then screeching at Brave which needs the banks to do business. So it's not actually illegal for them (or anyone) to send you shitcoins, it's the result of a clusterfuck of regulatory nonsense that leads to the banks being thundercunts despite no actual laws being broken.

Dank, thanks for explaining.

SuicidalStar

degeneracy is unstoppable
kiwifarms.net
I really hope that there is more to the situation rather than just pressure the lynch mob. It's be ironic him caving in to a lynch mob since he resigned from the Mozilla Corporation for supporting Prop. 8.

Spedestrian

Cruelty Sped
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gay shit my nigga, but hate always finds a way. Signed up on Mad At The Internet to keep the borscht flowing.

I previously said that grants from the foundation itself versus grants from ad publishers are distinct and one could donate those grants. You cannot. Eich contests me using the word "ban" to describe what the Section 5.2 infringement status means for the Kiwi Farms publisher account, but when searching for language to use in its stead I can't find anything more accurate than "ban". Simply put, you are not free to use your BAT in the Brave Wallet to send it to the Kiwi Farms because the Kiwi Farms is banned from the system.

Would it be hypothetically possible for a third party to set up a squeaky-clean site that couldn't possibly be viewed as infringing on Brave's ToS, have members of KF independently decide that it's a really cool site they want to donate their BAT grants to, and the owner of that site just so happens to donate large sums of BAT to the KF? Obviously such a coincidence would be unlikely, but would it help the site to have such a mysterious benefactor until such time as Brave users can transfer BAT grants to their own Uphold accounts? Just thinking out loud here.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Would it be hypothetically possible for a third party to set up a squeaky-clean site that couldn't possibly be viewed as infringing on Brave's ToS, have members of KF independently decide that it's a really cool site they want to donate their BAT grants to, and the owner of that site just so happens to donate large sums of BAT to the KF? Obviously such a coincidence would be unlikely, but would it help the site to have such a mysterious benefactor until such time as Brave users can transfer BAT grants to their own Uphold accounts? Just thinking out loud here.
I wouldn't ever direct traffic from the site to my other projects because it presents a problem, but I will definitely be looking into the viability of BAT for the audiences of other things I do.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I DM'd Brendan on Twitter, and he claimed that ad money is going to be separated from Brave's grant money and then we'll be able to send the ad money to Null if we want... the ETA on that change will be July/August, he said. Also he said that they're paying Null today.

Attachments

• 1560634586329.png
    1560634586329.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 234

Dingus Egg

Found in Filth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I DM'd Brendan on Twitter, and he claimed that ad money is going to be separated from Brave's grant money and then we'll be able to send the ad money to Null if we want... the ETA on that change will be July/August, he said. Also he said that they're paying Null today.
That pretty much exactly in line with what he told me the day before yesterday in DMs, and in much plainer language. But it's good to know Null is getting his soup money today. Eich has been very consistent with what he's saying on Twitter. I'll just hoard all my BAT till I have to option to export and donate directly.

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I was gonna put some bills in a shoebox in my backyard and then post "The Crow flies at midnight" or "The Gostaks have been distimmed." or some secret agent shit, but I'm starting to think I'm just not getting some part of the process. Fuck. And I was into computers before a lot of you whippersnappers were born, but knowledge from that era is about as useful as sportsball stats from the 60s.

Same dilemma. I'm on the wrong side of 40 and then some. When I graduated high school, home internet wasn't even a thing yet, let alone at schools. I went to college and got my degrees in the 90s, so all of my formal education concerning computers...yeah, it's pretty obsolete.

I would also like to say that as a minority woman, it is pretty damn insulting when all these rich whites tell me I can't support something or someone because of hurt feefees. You could say I take a great deal of offense to that, and it is for precisely that reason that I'll be sending my boomer bucks via mail. I am an American and will support free speech until I die.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Brave ads are super fucking annoying and I literally only have them enabled so I can tip our fearless leader so I'm 100% disabling this shit if they don't let me do that lmao.

I'm still a little confused by exactly what happened here, frankly. So the new OP says that this is a US regulatory issue? So, despite the contents of the site being legal in the US, it is not legal for Brave to allow tipping via their cryptocurrency/browser? Is there a newly-discovered legal issue vis-a-vis funding the site via crypto in general? Cuz I was thinking I was gonna send some shitcoin n00l's way now. Is that still all on the up-and-up?

The Brave Ads are all bitcoin scam shit instead of products people would actually purchase. I suspect the model isn't sustainable because of this.

Regulations scare banks and banks are cowardly so shit like our site makes companies that depend on banks (all of them) afraid to do business with us.

The right doesn't want to regulate banks so the banks pander to the left.

Good work right.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same dilemma. I'm on the wrong side of 40 and then some. When I graduated high school, home internet wasn't even a thing yet, let alone at schools. I went to college and got my degrees in the 90s, so all of my formal education concerning computers...yeah, it's pretty obsolete.

I would also like to say that as a minority woman, it is pretty damn insulting when all these rich whites tell me I can't support something or someone because of hurt feefees. You could say I take a great deal of offense to that, and it is for precisely that reason that I'll be sending my boomer bucks via mail. I am an American and will support free speech until I die.

Oh my god, you poor soul. You have internalized MISOGYNY and RACISM. That's a double whammy. We'll send you over to the re-education centers right away.

God, the dystopian shit and language these people come up with never cease to amaze. The societies they'd come up with would be utterly horrifying and the stuff of fucking nightmares, if they wouldn't collapse outright because they were all pussies. Cyberpunk got it wrong. The mega-corps are the least of our worries. It is the morality police, because they think they're being honorable when doing it and serve to enhance the powers of the corporate state by letting them use that 'honor shield'. They cloak themselves in that honor and use it to justify horrific violations of privacy, revocation of all employment, attacks on family, friends, acquaintances, bosses. They want you dead in the gutter. These people are pure scum.

Like right now, on YouTube, you can't talk about Project Veritas and Pintrest. At. all. Even though its been reported on by major liberal and conservative outlets. We're entering the period of outright corporate censorship. They're hitting people with the same 'incitement to violence' and shit that they hit with @Null, incredibly ambiguous, opinionated, flexible language they can use to prune their platform of anything they dislike. I mean, you can't even talk about the Pedophile mods on ResetEra except on Neogaf and here. With the exception of /pol/ and 8chan. Everywhere else, including /v/ and KotakuInAction get purged.

I mean, there are people with no lives who will hound the farms until the ends of the Earth. So no matter what methods we use we have to be as unconventional as possible.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look if you're over 40 and can't how to computer. Just take a continuing education class. They offer a wide variety of shit at affordable prices especially now that so many journalist outlets are closing.

Also how many chinese lemons can I exchange for brave currency?

neurotypical

vaginal_boogers
kiwifarms.net
I really hope that there is more to the situation rather than just pressure the lynch mob. It's be ironic him caving in to a lynch mob since he resigned from the Mozilla Corporation for supporting Prop. 8.
I agree, but just to clarify, the CEO of Mozilla was the one that supported prop. 8, and I think he also donated a substantial amount of money to promote it. Mozilla fired him IIRC.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
I received a grant and my ad money together, but as of tonight I was still able to tip the Farms with the ad money. Unless it goes through anyway but is just sitting in limbo and won't reach Null.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I received a grant and my ad money together, but as of tonight I was still able to tip the Farms with the ad money. Unless it goes through anyway but is just sitting in limbo and won't reach Null.
I think he says the grants will be refunded. I'm not sure what happens to them. Don't tip the site anymore.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know how I can be less ambiguous. I rewrote the entire OP. Do not tip the site.
So "fully banning KF would break the blockchain" turned out to be unwarranted optimism? Apologies, just curious about some of the finer details.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So "fully banning KF would break the blockchain" turned out to be unwarranted optimism? Apologies, just curious about some of the finer details.
Did you read the post? Tipping and grants are in Brave Publisher's system and are not transacted on the blockchain. I don't know how I can help you understand this better.

They want to make it so you can take your ad grants into your own wallet so you CAN transact it on the blockchain, outside of their system, which they have no control over.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did you read the post? Tipping and grants are in Brave Publisher's system and are not transacted on the blockchain. I don't know how I can help you understand this better.

They want to make it so you can take your ad grants into your own wallet so you CAN transact it on the blockchain, outside of their system, which they have no control over.
I did. It doesnt really mention tips being "off the chain," so that does clarify. Also I was a bit mixed up due to it referencing ad-click earnings as "grants," but I suppose that is fair use of the term. All square.

Status
Not open for further replies.