Banned from Brave Publishing

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
Crypto, like any kind of currency, is in the eye of the beholder. Most people would view a Kiwi coin as virtually worthless, and likely, only the most obscure of exchanges would actually list a such coin. Not to mention that most of us don't have the combined advanced computer power needed to fend off 51% attacks (some person could just overwhelm us with computing power to send themselves a shit ton of Kiwi coin).
Edit: I'm not sure if the 51% attack thing would change if the Kiwi coin was a Dapp instead

Okay, a coin in and of itself would be worthless. But what does have worth on the board?
The conversation obviously! We can tokenize that in various ways. Steem is essentially a token of upvotes. We could run the Steem blockchain over the site. Tons of things we can do, but my general point is that we can tokenize / monetize the underlying value of something like the Farms.

It sounds weird and novel, because it's new. In 10 years it will be more common.

SpiceWeasel21

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would also like to say that as a minority woman, it is pretty damn insulting when all these rich whites tell me I can't support something or someone because of hurt feefees. You could say I take a great deal of offense to that, and it is for precisely that reason that I'll be sending my boomer bucks via mail. I am an American and will support free speech until I die.

My sister from another-colored mother.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Otherwise, go create your publisher account with Brave, register a website or YouTube channel you control, and tip yourself.

You make this sound so easy. This was the most painful process of my life, and I'm not even sure if I can verify my identity with Uphold because it was looking for a camera to take a picture of my ID, which I don't have a camera, and it wouldn't let me upload. That Uphold site in general acted like I was meant to do the entire process on a tracking device smartphone. It was a fucking wreck.

Rip_In_Pepperino

kiwifarms.net
I noticed a similar problem when I thought it would be fine with me just uploading photos of myself and my ID, so I blocked it from accessing my (laptop) camera; then I changed the permission to Allow, but I had to wait until morning for Uphold to get around to telling me I hadn't sent any documents, so I could get the website to take the pictures as it wanted.

After all that, I noticed I couldn't actually send BAT to any creators on the Android version of the browser, and I didn't have a grant on my desktop version.

It would be great if there were some ready way to exchange BAT for Bitcoin so you could get paid that way; on a slightly unrelated note, it does seem like Uphold will be easier than Coinbase for loading up on crypto-tokens for my other favorite less-than-bank-approved ventures, because it allows funding via credit card, so no worries about my bank blocking me for buying crypto.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed a similar problem when I thought it would be fine with me just uploading photos of myself and my ID, so I blocked it from accessing my (laptop) camera; then I changed the permission to Allow, but I had to wait until morning for Uphold to get around to telling me I hadn't sent any documents, so I could get the website to take the pictures as it wanted.

After all that, I noticed I couldn't actually send BAT to any creators on the Android version of the browser, and I didn't have a grant on my desktop version.

It would be great if there were some ready way to exchange BAT for Bitcoin so you could get paid that way; on a slightly unrelated note, it does seem like Uphold will be easier than Coinbase for loading up on crypto-tokens for my other favorite less-than-bank-approved ventures, because it allows funding via credit card, so no worries about my bank blocking me for buying crypto.
Once it gets to Uphold you can swap it for BTC for I think a 2% fee.

CohenManischewitz

Semi Retired Fagposter - Gator is REBEL CMDR
kiwifarms.net
The Brave ads are super fucking annoying and I literally only have them enabled so I can tip our fearless leader so I'm 100% disabling this shit if they don't let me do that lmao.
Heads up.
You can disable the advertisement notifications from the Brave Browser in your Notifications & Actions Settings in Windows 10 if that is your OS and you will still earn minimal BAT. Like 8 BAT a month.

James Smith

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Heads up.
You can disable the advertisement notifications from the Brave Browser in your Notifications & Actions Settings in Windows 10 if that is your OS and you will still earn minimal BAT. Like 8 BAT a month.
8 BAT per month if you only less than one hour a day web browsing maybe. You can earn up to the lesser of 0.25 BAT per hour or 1 BAT per day.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
@Null maybe talk to them again? you got 2.5k for referrals, that sounds like alot of people and having so many more than average active users hording BAT cant be good for them.
maybe they can find a way to get you the money without the bad optics of having kiwi farms as top address for tips.

also maybe talk to some people with good connections to the farms about starting to use BAT so we can use our grant BATs for something that will enrage the people who did this to the farms.

Prinz von Preußen

kiwifarms.net
@Null maybe talk to them again? you got 2.5k for referrals, that sounds like alot of people and having so many more than average active users hording BAT cant be good for them.
maybe they can find a way to get you the money without the bad optics of having kiwi farms as top address for tips.

also maybe talk to some people with good connections to the farms about starting to use BAT so we can use our grant BATs for something that will enrage the people who did this to the farms.
Probably the best way to spite them is to register your own youtube channel or website with Brave Rewards, tipping yourself, and then using your Uphold wallet to tip the Farms.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Probably the best way to spite them is to register your own youtube channel or website with Brave Rewards, tipping yourself, and then using your Uphold wallet to tip the Farms.
but they want to see our faces for that, and i dont trust them at all...

James Smith

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
but they want to see our faces for that, and i dont trust them at all...
Brave doesn't need to see your face at all. Uphold does and the worst thing they can do with that information is tell people who you're giving money to which would be business suicide.

Disgruntled Pupper

Thuuder only happens wlen its raisinl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I should probably find somewhere where Eich or Brave staff can actually see this, but their blog doesn't have comments enabled and I'm too fucking lazy to put effort into looking, so I'll sperg here.

I'm a person who doesn't give a shit about crypto, even if it's the money of the future or whatever. I don't give a shit about having the latest, greatest browser. I'll go back to Vivaldi, I will not notice the difference and last I heard they weren't spying on me too much. I'm not going to go through the hassle of verifying myself. The only reason I ever cared about and tried using Brave was because of the ability to give money to this site. With that gone, I have zero reason to use Brave- and no, I don't care that there *may* be a way to send BAT to the Farms in the future. When and if that happens I'll reconsider, but until then I see no reason to continue to use this browser.

I suspect that the Farms has had more success in getting people like me, who fall into one or both categorizes above, to even consider using a browser like Brave, than any other site. I'm pretty sure that Null's shilling alone greatly increased their user base. If Eich has any interest in courting people like me- Which I think he does, because let's be honest, who else is going to use Brave? Normies won't even watch a 15 second youtube video to help fund a website they consume voraciously. From what I've seen hardcore crypto nerds don't take BAT very seriously- this was probably the stupidest thing he could do. He traded a sure thing for a possibility. The userbase here is pissed off. There is now precedent to show that if there's a website you can't easily donate to don't bother trying to do so through Brave- They'll get spooked and yank your donations at any minute. So what is the point?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that right now Brave is a toy for weirdos and poor speds. If Eich wants it to be anything more than that he's going to have to grow a backbone and provide a service that can't be done far more simply and easily by downloading adblock and then using superchats or Patreon to give regular money to thots or fat men who babble about hobby x.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brave doesn't need to see your face at all. Uphold does and the worst thing they can do with that information is tell people who you're giving money to which would be business suicide.

Unfortunately for them, they've already shown they can't be trusted and instantly cave in at the slightest trace of controversy. Why would you trust them not to rat you out if someone even scarier than a welfare mental case on Twitter intimidated them?

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately for them, they've already shown they can't be trusted and instantly cave in at the slightest trace of controversy. Why would you trust them not to rat you out if someone even scarier than a welfare mental case on Twitter intimidated them?
Uphold and Brave are separate entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.