Baseball Thread -

• DDoS is active again.

HandBanana

kiwifarms.net
I maybe the only baseball on this forum but I'll create a thread for it anyways.

Anyways, fuck Puig. Overrated cocky piece of shit that will burn out before the summer is over. Also with all the baseball trade rumors going on I really do hope the Braves can get some reliable bullpen help that isn't Kevin Gregg.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
HandBanana said:
I maybe the only baseball on this forum but I'll create a thread for it anyways.

Anyways, fuck Puig. Overrated cocky piece of shit that will burn out before the summer is over. Also with all the baseball trade rumors going on I really do hope the Braves can get some reliable bullpen help that isn't Kevin Gregg.
You're a baseball? I had no idea.

I don't follow it much. Basketball and hockey are more of my thing. My dad's not a huge fan of baseball, but we go to a game every chance we get because we're American like that. The only team I've ever kept up with are the Astros. They're the first team I ever saw play, and they won the first game I went to, so the experience wasn't ruined for me. None of us except for me can pay attention to baseball on TV, but when we go to a game, it's like we become totally different people. We start cheering and pulling our hair out and all that.

As for the Braves, they're alright, I guess. Of course, it's been a long time since I've kept up with baseball.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
this made my day:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28332-1373896332-25.gif

Trombonista

そう絶対☆もう絶対☆100%負けらんないっ
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My brother's a Yankees fan.

Grand Number of Pounds

Sonichu fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm from Cleveland so the sports teams I grew up cheering for usually suck. That really turned me off to sports. I hate the Yankees and as long as anyone but them win the World Series I'm happy.

It was cool having the Indians in the World Series against the Braves and the Marlins when I was a kid. Too bad they didn't win either time.

My brother and dad got to go to an All Star game in '96 or '97. My dad nearly caught a ball Ken Griffey, Jr. hit in batting practice.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brother, baseball is as American as apple pie and Hulkamania. Being a Hulkamaniac almost certainly means that one is also a baseball fan.

Sexual Stallone

#Latinlover
kiwifarms.net
As a giants fan, Ive made the decision of not following baseball anymore for the remainder of the season, just to spare me the pain, and yes, fuck Puig. And Hanley Ramirez

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a baseball fan, but being from Pittsburgh, naturally, I root for the Pirates, and I'm SO hoping that this will finally be their year!

HandBanana

kiwifarms.net
The Pirates were doing just as good around this time last year and they still collapsed so we'll see. It doesn't help that you guys are out a closer for what is probably gonna be the rest of the season.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
my phils bloooooooooow
way to stand pat at the deadline and improve absolutely nothing

Sexual Stallone

#Latinlover
kiwifarms.net
Mrs Paul said:
I'm not a baseball fan, but being from Pittsburgh, naturally, I root for the Pirates, and I'm SO hoping that this will finally be their year!

If they don't collapse, this very well may be their year

Trombonista

そう絶対☆もう絶対☆100%負けらんないっ
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My brother went to a Cubs game last night. They lost to the Dodgers.

HandBanana

kiwifarms.net
hal9000 said:
Mrs Paul said:

If they don't collapse, this very well may be their year

They are the Pirates, they will collapse.

HandBanana

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone see the Braves/Nationals game today?

It was great seeing Bitch Harper stop talking shit the minute Dan Uggla came up to him.

Sexual Stallone

#Latinlover
kiwifarms.net
for the only two people interested in the baseball thread: Now that we are approaching September, what are you post-seasons predictions? Mine are

AL East Champions - At this point its a close call but, If I had to chose, it would be the Red Sox. They have a team whose moral and chemistry are sky high and I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way this year and become World Series champions.

Al Central Champions - You'll think that this one its pretty much decided and the chosen team, the Detroit Tigers, lead by our god and savior Miguel Cabrera, will simply roll on to the World Series and get what the dirty dang Giants wrongfully took from them last year (Thats how ESPN saw it btw). However, if Cleveland gets hot at the right time, it could very well come down to the wire. Its a stretch I know, but don't be surprised if it happens.

AL West Champions - This is basically a two teams league, so the choice here boils down to a coin toss. Both the Rangers and the A's have what it takes to win the World Series. My prediction: The A's versatility will prevail over the Rangers star power.

NL East Champions - The Braves, case closed. Can you really argue that at this point, 15 games on top of the Nationals, they wont make it to the post-season? Hell, they could very well sweep the NLCS. They are the best team the National League has, even better than the ridiculously hyped Dodgers.

NL Central Champions - This is probably the tightest pennant race in the MLB right now, which is really surprising, considering that one of the teams contending are... the... Pirates... The Pirates? THE PIRATES!? Yes, I too am astonished by the fact that the Pirates are approaching September with their eyes poised on a post-season slot and at least for me, will probably get it.

NL West Champions - As a Giants fan, it hurts me to say it, but, just as the Braves did, the Dodgers took first place on the division and ran away with it, even though they are something like 8 games on top of the second place Diamondbacks, the way they are playing right now makes it unforeseeable that they won't make it to the post-season. My obviously biased opinion against them wants them to be swept in the NLDS just to shut up the people who think Puig is the second coming of Ken Griffey Jr, and you know, given how big the egos on that team are (Specially Hanley Ramirez's) They'll think that the team that faces them (Probably the Pirates) will be so frightened of their star studded lineup, that they'll simply turn tail and run at the sight of Adrian Gonzales.

Predictions for my team, The San Francisco Giants: A disappointing season indeed, much more so than 2011. Sure, 2011 was rough, but at least they had the Posey excuse. Now in 2013, with basically the same team that won the World Series last year (Stunning everyone by embarrassing the Tigers) Played at the Astros level. Yes Pagan got hurt, Yes Affeldt got hurt, Yes Vogelsong got hurt, but I still thought that the Giants would be breathing down the Dodgers neck at least until Affeldt and Vogelsong got back and they could really start to get streaky and put LA on the rear-view mirror. Alas none of that happened and now, the Giants are fighting the Padres just to stay out of last place. My prediction? Finishing up with a winning season seems like a far cry at this point. I don't even mind them finishing buried in last place if that means they learn from this debacle, get hungry for 2014 and become a sort of "on and off" dynasty of World Series champions.

HandBanana

kiwifarms.net
My Predictions are coming up Hal.

On another note my Braves bought Freddy Garcia...ugh I'd rather have Dice-K.