Baseball Thread -

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Well after how awesome the last couple of World Series were, this one was sadly anti-climactic.

Congrats Red Sox...I guess.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
12/19: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/19/mlb-cuban-baseball-federation-reach-agreement-that-will-eliminate-need-players-defect/

I'm surprised there's so much resistance from this... the current situation is Cuban players that are hot enough need to make deals with the cuban mafia to get out of the country and then they owe a percentage of their future profits to the cuban mob or their family will get got.

Bryce Harper Asks If Phillies Willing To Move To Another City
https://sports.theonion.com/bryce-harper-asks-if-phillies-willing-to-move-to-anothe-1832462398
PHILADELPHIA—Sending a strong signal that the move could swing his decision on where to sign, free agent outfielder Bryce Harper asked Friday whether the Philadelphia Phillies would be willing to relocate to another city. “I’m a big fan of coach [Gabe] Kapler and the roster he’s assembled, but I’d love to see the Phillies make a big move to another city before I commit to playing for them,” said the 2015 National League MVP, adding that he’d even be willing to sign at a lower salary if it would help the team relocate to someplace warm like San Jose or Orlando. “I’m really trying to put myself in the best position and it feels like the Phillies have all the pieces in place, except for the city. Playing with Jake [Arrieta] and Andrew [McCutchen] would be great, but in the end I would still be stuck in Philadelphia. But if they’re able to guarantee they’ll build a new stadium and move the franchise to Omaha, I’ll sign tomorrow.” Harper added that he might be willing to play in Philly if the city traded away the majority of its citizens.
Machado signed with the dad's the fuck ya'll got to say about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazybird8654

kiwifarms.net
I hope he's happy with being surrounded by mediocrity for the next five years.
I remember the Padres had a big free-agency a couple years ago when they landed a few top players and then they completely stinked that season.
At least their stadium looks cool I will give them that.

12/19: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/19/mlb-cuban-baseball-federation-reach-agreement-that-will-eliminate-need-players-defect/

I'm surprised there's so much resistance from this... the current situation is Cuban players that are hot enough need to make deals with the cuban mafia to get out of the country and then they owe a percentage of their future profits to the cuban mob or their family will get got.

Bryce Harper Asks If Phillies Willing To Move To Another City
https://sports.theonion.com/bryce-harper-asks-if-phillies-willing-to-move-to-anothe-1832462398
I guess this means he will sign with San Francisco I mean I have a feeling he will like it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That cracked me up and there's still a great chance Bryce may be a Philly.

Frankly I think they made some good moves, but I'd love to see him here as long as it's not a bank breaker. Also to be frank I'm sick of the foreplay every 20 mins my phone beeps Bryce is.... shaving, talking to the Dodgers, having toast... called by etc etc. Just get this over when he signs.

Confirmed Bryce to the Phils!!!

Man it's been more drama than the young and restless to follow it but it's over and I'm a happy fan!

Lazybird8654

kiwifarms.net
Confirmed Bryce to the Phils!!!

Man it's been more drama than the young and restless to follow it but it's over and I'm a happy fan!
13 years $300 millon That sets him up for basically the rest of his career.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No opt out either. We have 6 players now (adding Bryce) who beaned in 20 last year, our pitching is pretty solid.

As long as he doesn't get hurt, cause drama or slump it's a good deal even for how expensive it was.

Reactions: Lipitor

Lazybird8654

kiwifarms.net
No opt out either. We have 6 players now (adding Bryce) who beaned in 20 last year, our pitching is pretty solid.

As long as he doesn't get hurt, cause drama or slump it's a good deal even for how expensive it was.
Though he could burn out because he is set for a long time.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Lipitor

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no way Harper is worth that kind of money. He's not even that great of an outfielder tbh,. I hope Philly is confident this is a solid fit, cuz otherwise that's a giant chunk of change to keep this guy around until he's 39 years old. It's the national league too, so it's not like they can roster him as a DH when he gets old and slow.

No one is worth that sort of money, but he found a way to get it.

Last edited:

werewolf rape erotica

i got a cum tribute once
kiwifarms.net
There is no way Harper is worth that kind of money. He's not even that great of an outfielder tbh,. I hope Philly is confident this is a solid fit, cuz otherwise that's a giant chunk of change to keep this guy around until he's 39 years old. It's the national league too, so it's not like they can roster him as a DH when he gets old and slow.
The NL will most likely have the DH after the strike/lockout after the 2021 season.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't ruin this with reality lol.

Also Bryce has made a few phone calls to Mike Trout, I don't think the Phil's have the dosh for that right now, but a man can hope. Also 100k tickets sold day of Bryce's signing, right now since he picked a new number for the team (out of respect for Halladay) it's the #1 sold Jersey right now.

I haven't copped one, but my fun money went to tickets over another jersey. I'm sure we will get more than one give away this summer.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't ruin this with reality lol.

Also Bryce has made a few phone calls to Mike Trout, I don't think the Phil's have the dosh for that right now, but a man can hope. Also 100k tickets sold day of Bryce's signing, right now since he picked a new number for the team (out of respect for Halladay) it's the #1 sold Jersey right now.

I haven't copped one, but my fun money went to tickets over another jersey. I'm sure we will get more than one give away this summer.
Tix was a wiser investment. Some of the Chinese bootleg sites have identical jerseys for like ~$20, it's either clearly the same people who make the real ones or someone who has a copy of blueprints/schematics...

• Agree
Reactions: Bassomatic

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol trout got what he was worth.. some players only care about money,,hahahaha

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino