Baseball Thread -

W00K #17

Welcome to the party bitch
kiwifarms.net
Exciting and close game one so far.

I got drunk yesterday and bet $200 that the series will go to 7 games. This legalized mobile betting will be my financial ruin. So far though since it became legal I have won 4 of 5 wagers I've placed, not counting this current one and am up several hundred dollars.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Exciting and close game one so far.

I got drunk yesterday and bet $200 that the series will go to 7 games. This legalized mobile betting will be my financial ruin. So far though since it became legal I have won 4 of 5 wagers I've placed, not counting this current one and am up several hundred dollars.

Your wish is granted. We'll have our game 7. :story:

W00K #17

Welcome to the party bitch
kiwifarms.net
Your wish is granted. We'll have our game 7. :story:

Fucking STOKED!!!! Not just for the payout, but I really wanna see how this series ends!

I'm rooting for the nationals now because I always like an underdog, but this has been an exciting run the last 6 games and I just wanna see the finish.

Less than 20 minutes til first pitch, ah yeah here we go.

Also how crazy is it that the away team has won all 6 games so far? That's just uncanny.

Last edited:

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Osuna was taken back to the pen, we could have won the game, fuck you.

• Feels
Reactions: Alto

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kurt Suzuki is now one of my favorite baseball players. RA! For Kurt Suzuki!

Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki wears MAGA hat to White House celebration
Chris Bumbaca, USA TODAY

55 mins ago

WASHINGTON — Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki donned a "Make America Great Again" hat on stage during the team's visit to the White House on Monday to celebrate its World Series title.

a person standing in front of a mirror posing for the camera: US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump stand with catcher Kurt Suzuki  as they welcome the 2019 World Series Champions, The Washington Nationals, to the White House on November 4, 2019 in Washington,DC. (Photo by Nicholas Kamm / AFP) (Photo by NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP via Getty Images) ORIG FILE ID: AFP_1LZ9MY

© Nicholas Kamm, AFP via Getty Images US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump stand with catcher Kurt Suzuki as they welcome the 2019 World Series Champions, The Washington Nationals, to the White House on November 4, 2019 in Washington,DC. (Photo by Nicholas Kamm / AFP) (Photo by NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP via Getty Images) ORIG FILE ID: AFP_1LZ9MY

President Donald Trump called Suzuki up to the podium and the 36-year-old backstop put on the red hat that has been the trademark of Trump and his supporters since he jumped into politics in 2015.

Suzuki played 85 games for the Nationals in the regular season, posting an .809 OPS with 17 homers and 63 RBI. He started 10 games in the postseason, going 3-for-30 with a home run.

126 people are talking about this

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki wears MAGA hat to White House celebration

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Bryce Harper must be fuming right now

And some fans have fun to troll him.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb...s-win-world-series/1pp1bf5sn2jqi1utpqnu64teax ( http://archive.ph/rtB4 )
The Nationals won the first World Series in franchise history — and they did it without Bryce Harper.

Back in March, the MLB star left Washington and agreed to a record-breaking, 13-year $330 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies.

During his introductory press conference with his new team, Harper accidentally flubbed his words and said he wanted to bring a title to D.C.
On March 2, Bryce Harper said that he wanted to bring a title to D.C.

Today, the Nationals fulfilled that goal 🏆 pic.twitter.com/oc3wKocjmy
— Baseball Quotes (@BaseballQuotes1) October 31, 2019

MORE: Celebrate the Nationals and shut up about Bryce Harper already
Twitter didn't waste any time calling out Harper as soon as the Nationals lifted the World Series trophy.
Bryce Harper, outside Minute Maid Park watching his old teammates celebrate winning the #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/BJQXdSaFKk
— NOTSportsCenter (@NOTSportsCenter) October 31, 2019

Live look at Bryce Harper as the Nationals celebrate winning a #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/pTPAhfV2rN
— Dylan (@DylansRawTake) October 31, 2019

Bryce Harper at the Nationals parade this weekend pic.twitter.com/DmazqDN4lO
— Josh on the Radio (@JoshMRadio) October 31, 2019

Bryce Harper going to bed tonight like #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/p59hmeITgC
— Omar (@omarrgalaviz) October 31, 2019

#bryceharper wanting to go back with the Nationals.. pic.twitter.com/QoWUTtKD08
— Cool 23 (@chuylop23) October 31, 2019

Bryce Harper be like before and and after the season #WorldSeries #bryceharper pic.twitter.com/meZbzj1zlJ
— Jakob Morris (@jakob_morriss) October 31, 2019

Congrats to Bryce Harper who played his part in helping the Nationals win the #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/lYjWwODv8p
— Jayson Slade (@JSladeShow) October 31, 2019

Bryce Harper watching the @nationals hoist up the #WorldSeries trophy without him and trying not to be salty... pic.twitter.com/gajHHDlrz5
— Certified (@Covert__) October 31, 2019

Bryce Harper right now pic.twitter.com/zc00hjkiIK
— Abdul Memon (@abdulamemon) October 31, 2019

MLB Reporter: “Hey Bryce how does it fee-

Bryce Harper: pic.twitter.com/jBAlCugbdp
— Abdul Memon (@abdulamemon) October 31, 2019

Live look at Bryce Harper watching the @Nationals win the #WorldSeries without him... pic.twitter.com/VWPwghdFjJ
— Certified (@Covert__) October 31, 2019

ωσкє вℓυє мυѕℓιм qυєєη

Professional Cute Little Lesbian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*taps mic*
Attention, attention everyone

*clears throat*
DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

*burps on the mic*
FUCK BELTRAN
FUCK CORA
FUCK MCLOUGHLIN
FUCK TAUBMAN
FUCK OSUNA
FUCK THE TRASHCAN
LONG LIFE TO THE HOUSTON TRASHTROS

*graps a gun to head*
Have a good night. May the rest of Verlander's career bring an actual ring.

*starts to cry*

Last edited:

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
How do you feel about the SoftBank Hawks?
Personally indifferent but am pretty impressed at their win. If I had to put money on anyone beating the Giants I would have said the Tigers but well done to the Hawks.

Also they are disliked by the neutrals in Japan but I don't mind the Giants. When I went to see them stadium was packed out and the fans were great so I had a blast. Would recommend for anyone visiting Tokyo.

Look forward to MLB starting up too. I've not watched baseball since about 2005 until last year. MLB TV give you a free game a day to watch as long as you an account so I got me some comfy Sunday night baseball without having to pay anything. Hope they do same for 2020.

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net
The PR damage control from Houston after being blatantly caught cheating is amazing in how bad it is. Especially since they have apparently appointed Carlos Correa, graduate of the Puerto Rico Baseball Academy, as their lead PR guy. His arguments are:
>yes, our MVP in 2017 cheated, there is video evidence of him cheating, but he asked us to not cheat so much so he deserves the MVP
>yes we cheated in 2017, but we're talented so we still deserved the title
>we only cheated in 2017 (then the reporter said "didn't the report said you guys cheated in 2018 too"), ok we cheated in 2018 too but not the same way
Then they brought out Justin Verlander, arguably their most high-profile player (he's the pasty white guy from Kate Upton's nude leaks if you don't watch baseball), and all he had to say was
>I'm sad that other players lost respect for us because of the cheating scandal
And the oddest part is that Houston fans, and only Houston fans, are eating it up. Dozens of obese mexicans/whites tweeting about how their team did nothing wrong and it's all a LA/NY witch hunt. Is there something in the water there that makes people retarded? Their entire team was caught red-handed, blatantly and flagrantly breaking the rules, to win their only title. And they're just defending it. Weird shit.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BR55