$ (BAT) Basic Attention Token -

Leo Bonhart

Words of truth are not pleasing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Basic Attention Token ( https://basicattentiontoken.org/ )
& ( https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/basic-attention-token/ ) is a bit notorious for it's sold-out ICO and somewhat less so for its decent proprietary browser 'Brave.'

Its token has seen a bit of a gain in the last couple of days after months of stagnating at 1/4 dollar.

Despite its 100% exceptional name, I do have a question for @Null : is there a Token or Coin in existence or in the works like BAT where one could set up an account and load one's browser with cryptocurrency and KiwiFarms or Brazzers could leach currency based on how much of a user's time was dedicated to a certain site per month?

Obviously, BAT stresses advertisers getting rewarded for placement on publishing sites, but is it theoretically possible to cut our the middle-man and advertise one's own site based on browsing history alone?

P.S. I still want to buy a Kiwi T-shirt more than any of this.

Last edited:

Leo Bonhart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
gosh i think i might
upload_2018-2-16_0-51-9.png

@Null , does that green check mean you are now set up to receive payments through BAT and the Brave browser?

Have a read; you may be eligible to get some referral shekels if people start using the Brave browser while using Kiwi:

https://www.cnet.com/news/ad-blocking-brave-browser-giving-away-bat-cryptocurrency-to-attract-publishers/#ftag=COS-05-10aaa0j

Also, I'll transfer some BAT to my Brave Browser if you need a guinea pig to see if you get a payment.

Let me know here or in the PMs.

Reactions: Marvin

chekovia

There's no aphrodisiac like lonliness
kiwifarms.net
I've recently started using the Brave browser and I'm assuming the blue tick for kiwifarms on the rewards page means you're set up to access BAT as a provider under their scheme.

chekovia

There's no aphrodisiac like lonliness
kiwifarms.net
Cool. It's just a preference for me.

I'm aware of the general consensus of the farms towards cryptocurremcy and doubt it would get mass usage but the ability to add bitcoin or litecoin via QR code and then have it anonymised via BAT is the clear winner for me, here.

Reactions: Rat Speaker

Leo Bonhart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're using the Brave browser, you can now tip directly to the BAT-enabled website you're using by clicking the BAT triangle icon next to address bar.

When I updated to the latest version of Brave, they threw in 50 BAT.

@Null, are some BATs working their way to Kiwi Farms these days?

upload_2018-12-14_16-56-36.png

Leo Bonhart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do I get these 50 BATs? How do they prevent you from just farming them? 50 BATs is currently worth $6.50 USD (4000 sats @ $3250 BTC). It's quite generous for a browser update.
First of all, I made a mistake; they gave me 30 BAT with the browser update. I had 20 in my wallet from the previous version. (Your Brave BAT wallet has a pass phrase you should keep handy so that you can sync across all OSs.)

I'm not sure what prompted the giveaway; but they have also given me 30 BAT once in the past. I'm not sure if it's because I've actively used my wallet, or because I've previously transferred BAT into it from an exchange to distribute....? Gift horses and mouths and all that. I doubt they hand them out immediately to everyone who uses Brave.

MustachioedHipster

Hypnotic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would anyone be interested in writing a tutorial for the dumb normies who want to support the Farms but have no idea how to set this up? Or maybe drop us a link? Is it strictly a desktop thing or can one set it up on mobile? I think a lot of us here browse on mobile. I know I do because as KF is my time waster of choice in lines and waiting rooms.

Leo Bonhart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i bought some on binance but i sold cause it started dropping. theres a way to connect it to brave? i thought it was a firefox coin
I've just checked this thread for the first time in a long while. In case you haven't played with it since then, all you have to do to is click the BAT triangle to the right of the address bar in the browser and click "add funds". In addition to BAT, you can add BTC, LTC, ETH (which are converted to BAT) to the wallet addresses that appear there.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
kiwifarms.net
If you're running Linux, you can get the Brave dev version, which is testing implementation of their opt-in advertising function. 0.05 BAT per recorded ad click. Seems to be some issue with the tracking, as I've clicked a few dozen ads across a few different machines but only have 5 recorded clicks, but those 5 do appear to translate to BAT that's supposed to be payed to my Brave wallet on the 5th of the month.
https://brave.com/download-dev/

P.S. Up to $50 free XRM and $10 free BAT for Coinbase account holders.

Update: Android Brave tipping in effect. If you haven't loaded the browser in a while, load it up, you may have a grant waiting. Enjoy, @Null.

Last edited:

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
kiwifarms.net
There's something I don't understand, do I automatically give BAT to Kiwi Farms by browsing, even though I haven't bought any? How does that work?
You need to have BAT in your Brave Rewards wallet, which you get from
  1. clicking ads (Brave Dev [Linux] version only ATM)
  2. loading your Brave Rewards wallet from a linked Uphold.com account/wallet (BAT can be bought from Uphold with $USD or a few other high-cap cryptos, eg. BTC/ETH/XRP etc, or transfered from another wallet/exchange)
  3. grants provided by the Brave team (to check for grants, click the "Brave Rewards" BAT icon at the far right of the address bar to view your Brave BAT wallet. If there is a grant currently available, there will be a button marked "Grants")

Once you have BAT in the wallet, there are two ways to donate:
  1. while browsing KF, click the rewards icon again, and there will be a button for donations (can also be set as recurring).
  2. In your Rewards Settings panel, turn on "Auto-Contribute" to automatically donate to multiple sites based on screentime
P.S. @Null you should put KF's Brave referral link in the OP and the "How to Help" thread.

Last edited:

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still find it a bit confusing, though I suppose this is a learning process that takes some time to get accustomed to.

Reactions: Haunter
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino