$ (BAT) Basic Attention Token -

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else have issues tipping on mobile? Keep trying to tip my balance to MATI and brave says thanks, tip sent, but my balance is unchanged and nothing shows up for tips in menu.

Reactions: Horus

FlappyBat

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else have issues tipping on mobile? Keep trying to tip my balance to MATI and brave says thanks, tip sent, but my balance is unchanged and nothing shows up for tips in menu.
I'm pretty sure I ran into the same thing. After I refreshed the page it seemed like it updated.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure I ran into the same thing. After I refreshed the page it seemed like it updated.
Nope, tried refreshing browser, rebooting, connecting to different wi-fi and a bunch of other stuff and still nothing. I get the confirmation message but then nothing leaves my BAT account. Weird.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorta-related to BAT: Uphold's 2FA is fucking stupid. I got a new phone and instead of being able to log in and add a new device by just scanning a new QR code LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING 2FA SYSTEM, I have to use some 30 char code I apparently was given (that I have no memory of) when I first set it up. I don't have it, so now support tells me I have to send in a DNA sample, my fingerprints, a bit of hair and by left testicle so they can verify my identity and reset it.

Just kidding about the testicle, but they do want a photo of my ID, a selfie, and the last four of my SSN. I didn't have to jump through these many hoops to get a real bank account, but I do for pretend e-money!

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Sorta-related to BAT: Uphold's 2FA is fucking stupid. I got a new phone and instead of being able to log in and add a new device by just scanning a new QR code LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING 2FA SYSTEM, I have to use some 30 char code I apparently was given (that I have no memory of) when I first set it up. I don't have it, so now support tells me I have to send in a DNA sample, my fingerprints, a bit of hair and by left testicle so they can verify my identity and reset it.
They did give you a QR code when you enabled the 2FA.

On sites that use those, I have learned to always take a screenshot of them, and then I keep the QR code, as well as the secret key's text, somewhere safe. Sometimes they won't give it to you again, and there's no way to export the secret key from apps like Google Authenticator.

• Agree
Reactions: Particle Bored

Horus

Rawdog is the lawdog.
kiwifarms.net
I am having the same issue, perhaps Null might be able to speak about it.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
So i get a fair amount of Bats every month from Ads, but the total money amount stays the same? this cyber money isnt working out for me...

• Feels
Reactions: Stasi

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

A Creepy Marionette
kiwifarms.net
So, I'm an absolute re.tard and I have no idea how to, or if I even can, put my BAT from the ads into my wallet. Uphold or otherwise.
Or is it just not supported yet?

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and BOO!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, I'm an absolute re.tard and I have no idea how to, or if I even can, put my BAT from the ads into my wallet. Uphold or otherwise.
If youve done Uphold's KYC theres a way to link your Brave wallet. If you click the little Brave icon by the address bar theres a button to "verify wallet." Once its linked you dont have to "move" the BAT, it shows up there every month.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
If you mean that your wallet shows 0.0 BAT when you click the triangle icon on the address bar, you probably just have to wait because they only pay out once a month. If you've been doing rewards for a while, you should get a payout in the next 24-48 hours, otherwise it'll probably be around the 5th of next month.

If it shows up in your wallet there, but you have a different wallet that you want to move it to, then yeah, you'll have to do the whole registration with Uphold, know-your-customer (photo ID verification), and then your BAT should show up in your Uphold wallet automatically (after like a day or two) and you should be able to transfer it to any external wallet address if you want... I think there's like a 2% Uphold transaction fee on top of the blockchain transaction fee though.

General Disarray

In the dark of the day or the black of the sun
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just got an Email from Uphold wanting my SS# for 1099 purposes. I never convert the money to cash on my bank account, it's not even tied into my bank account, strictly use to tip Jersh on MATI. Do I really need to provide this information to Uphold? Can I use BAT without being tied to that wallet? Newb on crypto so sorry if sounds stupid.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Just got an Email from Uphold wanting my SS# for 1099 purposes. I never convert the money to cash on my bank account, it's not even tied into my bank account, strictly use to tip Jersh on MATI. Do I really need to provide this information to Uphold? Can I use BAT without being tied to that wallet? Newb on crypto so sorry if sounds stupid.

First, don't give random people your SSN, and second, verify the email is coming from the correct source.

Lackadaisy

ZA FOOL
kiwifarms.net
Is there a way to give a custom amount of BAT? I have about 150 that I want to give to Dear Leader (PBUH) but my mobile browser only lets me tip in at most 10 BAT chunks.

General Disarray

In the dark of the day or the black of the sun
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh I know that, the email is valid, and
First, don't give random people your SSN, and second, verify the email is coming from the correct source.
Oh I know that - the email is valid, and the link within directs to the true site. I always check the address bar for security in such cases.
I think I'll just ignore it.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am having the same issue, perhaps Null might be able to speak about it.
So i get a fair amount of Bats every month from Ads, but the total money amount stays the same? this cyber money isnt working out for me...
Over the course of a year, I have been sending MadAtTheInternet my BAT. By December, I had little to no tokens but, after checking just now, I have over 200 BAT. It seems that all the BAT I have sent have been restored to me. In addition, looking at the 7-day Ad History, the year is 1969.
1580969589717.png

This may be due to some 2020 bug that other systems have seen recently.

@Null have you seen any drastic changes in your BAT wallet?

EDIT: I went over to the Brave subreddit and found some explanation.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/ewwnys/estimated_pending_rewards_bug_january_31_2020/

Last edited:

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Is there a way to give a custom amount of BAT? I have about 150 that I want to give to Dear Leader (PBUH) but my mobile browser only lets me tip in at most 10 BAT chunks.
The only way to send a custom amount of BAT is:

1. Be on desktop, or wait (mobile wallets can't be linked to Uphold yet...)
2. Link your browser's wallet to Uphold
3. Give Uphold your real name and ID

You'll then be able to use Uphold to send BAT (earned from viewing ads) directly to the Ethereum address that Null listed in the first post of this topic.

Note that any time you tip, Brave Foundation will keep 5% of the tip amount, so if you tip someone 10 BAT, they'll actually only get 9.5 BAT. If you use Uphold to send BAT, however, the full amount gets sent.

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
kiwifarms.net
I've been throwing 10-20 BAT a month at the site, but I've been doing it via the little icon on Brave's browser bar. I don't know if it's actually going through. I have a browser that has 85 bat and I'm wanting to throw it all at the site. Is there a way to confirm that it was received? One time I got an "error in processing your transaction".

Is there a difference in that I tend to use .is over .net?

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and BOO!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Null is "no grants" across all sites including madattheinternet and your YT channel?

Also do you know how it tells the difference if you have both grant BAT and ad BAT in your wallet?

Tags
None