$ (BAT) Basic Attention Token -

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
@Null is "no grants" across all sites including madattheinternet and your YT channel?
Yes.

Also do you know how it tells the difference if you have both grant BAT and ad BAT in your wallet?
The actual answer is legal and complicated. Something about not giving you anything but rather demonstrating you can redeem X tokens with the foundation by requesting they be sent to certain publishers who then do receive the token and complete KYC without the holder of the wallet ever needing to do KYC or legally own the token.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
The actual answer is legal and complicated. Something about not giving you anything but rather demonstrating you can redeem X tokens with the foundation by requesting they be sent to certain publishers who then do receive the token and complete KYC without the holder of the wallet ever needing to do KYC or legally own the token.
I think there is a more practical answer... grants from Brave Foundation have an expiration date, so if your wallet says that some BAT are expiring on a particular date, those BAT were a grant from Brave Foundation. They also don't show up in Uphold, so if your wallet is linked to Uphold, the balance shown in your wallet will be higher than your Uphold balance by the amount of the grant.

BAT that you receive in Brave Foundation grants technically still belongs to Brave Foundation and it's never actually in your wallet... you just have the ability to tell Brave to tip it to someone (and they can say no, if you want to support an internet terrorist like Null). BAT that you receive in ad payout grants actually belongs to you, though; it gets transferred into your wallet and it never expires, so you can do with it as you wish.

Kamov Ka-52

Punished Jannie; Wedded a Thot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there any way to (conveniently) transfer BAT to a wallet on mobile?

WeedFaggot024

Fiddle Player
kiwifarms.net
Would love if BAT became something you could use to buy real physical shit. I know you can convert it through uphold into certain prepaid card amounts? but i mean an actual support for purchases online akin to paypal.

Fuckin, had like $60~ so i tipped.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Would love if BAT became something you could use to buy real physical shit. I know you can convert it through uphold into certain prepaid card amounts? but i mean an actual support for purchases online akin to paypal.

You can spend it anywhere that crypto is accepted. You just click "Send to Cryptocurrency or Utility Token" and follow the prompts.

Supposedly Brave is going to set up an online store where BAT is accepted, but for now the only way to spend it (as opposed to tipping) is through Uphold.

• Informative
Reactions: WeedFaggot024

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You can spend it anywhere that crypto is accepted. You just click "Send to Cryptocurrency or Utility Token" and follow the prompts.

Supposedly Brave is going to set up an online store where BAT is accepted, but for now the only way to spend it (as opposed to tipping) is through Uphold.
Yeah send it to another exchange and trade it for bitcoin (then bitcoin to USD or another crypto if you want). Uphold's conversion fees are high.

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen the conversion fee is 2%... is that not what you remember?
I don't recall specifically, maybe I'm thinking of Coinbase conversion fees; I guess that's not too bad, but it's higher than a 0.5% trading fee. Every penny counts. (rates self autistic)

• Feels
Reactions: WeeGee

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Damn, anyone else catch BAT value drop today? It was at about 34 cents a token earlier, now its down to 25 cents per token.
I saw it get up to 31, but not 34, but most alts are taking a bit of a shit since BTC dropped about $1000. It's funny how many alt charts look the same over the last week or so. They'll be back.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
Fuck...BAT took another hit since last week. 5.0 BAT used to be 1.46, now its down to 1.09. Maybe China has been eating the BATs again :/

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck...BAT took another hit since last week. 5.0 BAT used to be 1.46, now its down to 1.09. Maybe China has been eating the BATs again :/
A lot of coins are down. BAT tracks with Bitcoin more or less. Looks like crypto isn't going to be the currency of the apocalypse.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
It was...what 4 years ago when Crypto was at its highest and all of a sudden everything just magically lost 70% of its value in like 3 weeks. Whether or not it was the market deflating or what that doesn't seem to be re-occuring now, seems to be limited to just BAT it seems.

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was...what 4 years ago when Crypto was at its highest and all of a sudden everything just magically lost 70% of its value in like 3 weeks. Whether or not it was the market deflating or what that doesn't seem to be re-occuring now, seems to be limited to just BAT it seems.
Dude BTC took like a 10-15%+ hit over the last few days. Everythings down.

• Agree
Reactions: melty
Tags
None