$ (BAT) Basic Attention Token -

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
Ive found that SOMEtimes restarting the browser or rebooting the PC jumpstarts the ads, but its not 100% consistent.
All I know is that these dudes (thephluidproject.com) some gay shit have put an ass load of money into brave as I have only been getting their ads for the past twoish days.

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Same here. I'll gladly take their gay shekels tho. I'll even help promote them for extra shekels.

But yeah, the ads are really uneven. I assume they try to distribute them evenly among the users, and unfortunately, they seem to only have a few companies right now.

That being said, maybe we should start experimenting with our computer locales? After all, ads are limited to a few select countries. Right now I went with the US, but we should probably try out one of the other countries and see if they have more ads. Having a french or german Locale would suck a bit tho.

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
kiwifarms.net
All I know is that these dudes (thephluidproject.com) some gay shit have put an ass load of money into brave as I have only been getting their ads for the past twoish days.
Lol yeah they've got both "Phluid" and "Fluid" shit. I've got a browser running that has zero search/use history, and it cycles between 5 or 6 ads, Fluid and Phluid being two. I do get other ads on other browsers that get actual use... mostly different crypto stuff.
Same here. I'll gladly take their gay shekels tho. I'll even help promote them for extra shekels.

But yeah, the ads are really uneven. I assume they try to distribute them evenly among the users, and unfortunately, they seem to only have a few companies right now.

That being said, maybe we should start experimenting with our computer locales? After all, ads are limited to a few select countries. Right now I went with the US, but we should probably try out one of the other countries and see if they have more ads. Having a french or german Locale would suck a bit tho.
I get identical ads on different machines that are VPNed to US and Canada, though admittedly not a huge cultural gap there.

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Lol yeah they've got both "Phluid" and "Fluid" shit. I've got a browser running that has zero search/use history, and it cycles between 5 or 6 ads, Fluid and Phluid being two. I do get other ads on other browsers that get actual use... mostly different crypto stuff.

I get identical ads on different machines that are VPNed to US and Canada, though admittedly not a huge cultural gap there.
VPN doesn't matter, it's completely based on your PC Locale. I have a Swedish VPN IP right now and getting ads. My locale, however, is set on the USA.

But with a change of locale, the ads should change a bit as well. Would be interesting if we had any Canadicks or Germs here to relay how their ad situation is.

Oh and to be clear, only like 3 or 4 countries apparently have ads. Sweden doesn't, for example.

General Disarray

It's HOT in TOPEKA
kiwifarms.net
I like to earn BAT while not supporting Chrome, Mozilla, or Microdick. Also nice to be able to send 5.0 BAT to the farms as support.
I use Brave and have my settings so I can only tip - meaning, no BAT is held by the browser awaiting 'verification' (90 days) for other sites that don't use it. This way, all my BATs are accumulated in my wallet and I can tip out to Kiwi only (which is why I switched to Brave in the first place).

Particle Bored

kiwifarms.net
Apparently you can now (maybe) BAT tip tweets.

I say "maybe" because out of about 10 copies of Brave running across all my machines (installed both regular and dev for double the ads), the tip option appears on maybe half of them. I've even got a machine where it shows up on the dev version but not the regular version (it does show on the regular version on another machine, though).

ETA: looks like it's appearing on new version 0.67.73. WTF some of my browsers that are still on older versions say they're "up to date," or just don't show update buttons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bush did USS Maine

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone gotten any ads on Brave today? I have not received a single one and I normally get them everyday.
Edit: they're working again.

Last edited:

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Apparently you can now (maybe) BAT tip tweets.
View attachment 799833

View attachment 799838

I say "maybe" because out of about 10 copies of Brave running across all my machines (installed both regular and dev for double the ads), the tip option appears on maybe half of them. I've even got a machine where it shows up on the dev version but not the regular version (it does show on the regular version on another machine, though).

ETA: looks like it's appearing on new version 0.67.73. WTF some of my browsers that are still on older versions say they're "up to date," or just don't show update buttons.
You're using the dev version I assume? I'm still on 0.65.120 and no tipping available, but I don't use the Dev Build either so I guess that might be it.

Particle Bored

kiwifarms.net
You're using the dev version I assume? I'm still on 0.65.120 and no tipping available, but I don't use the Dev Build either so I guess that might be it.
I use both. It looks like it's on the latest version of both, but it doesn't look like the updates are consistently pushing to the browser's. If you go to the "about" section in Brave, it MAY have a button to update.

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, so this is odd. All of a sudden I can't get any ads, as it claims none are available. My locale is still set on USA and so is my IP. I tried switching both to Canada, same thing. Also, all of my so far earned BAT is now at 0.00.

Did anyone face similar issues in the past? Not entirely sure whatever Brave is actually going after those of us that fake our locations, I kinda doubt it.

Oh hey Krimjob, It's me, the friendly Krimjob from the future with an edited post with the answer. Seems like there is some kind of bug that all of a sudden just shuts people out from Brave Rewards. No known fix yet and it happens randomly to people.

Last edited:

BlancoMailo

kiwifarms.net
So I remember @Null saying not to tip because he was told that none of the tips would go to him after the Brave team banned him (that warning came just a little too late for me). Did anyone receive their BAT back or is Eich both a coward and a thief (did they screw up and send the tips to Null in the last payout, anyway)?

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
So I remember @Null saying not to tip because he was told that none of the tips would go to him after the Brave team banned him (that warning came just a little too late for me). Did anyone receive their BAT back or is Eich both a coward and a thief (did they screw up and send the tips to Null in the last payout, anyway)?
Naw, you can't tip him on Kiwi farms, you can tip him elsewhere. PM him for the site you can tip him. I got my Brave and sent him some.

Big moth tiddies

Anyone got a light?
kiwifarms.net
just a reminder, brave has delisted our beloved kiwi farms from their service, so no tips sent from here will go through. However, tips sent to madattheinternet.com will.

• TMI
Reactions: WeeGee

Big moth tiddies

Anyone got a light?
kiwifarms.net
well, you just gave the detractors the name of the site to yell at Brave about now. You miscreant!
Yes, I'm sure it's such a big secret after null announced it on stream to thousands of people. If it was supposed to be such a deep dark secret the mods would've removed the post, and null would have deleted the stream without archiving.
Commit neckrope.

• Autistic
Reactions: kadoink

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I'm sure it's such a big secret after null announced it on stream to thousands of people. If it was supposed to be such a deep dark secret the mods would've removed the post, and null would have deleted the stream without archiving.
Commit neckrope.
Settle down you pervert, I'm a one man pay piggy! Stop trying to goad me for Nulls shekels!

• Horrifying
Reactions: Big moth tiddies
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino