$ (BAT) Basic Attention Token -

JoshPlz

🎇Patron Saint of Good Boys🎆
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had 140 this month.
I had around 160, currently only using Brave for Android and clearing the history frequently.

I'm up to 500.
Three cheers for mouse macros!
Thats a lot in comparison! But I would expect it to be more when used as main browser on PC.

What I'm wondering about is what exactly could be a factor in the amount of ads displayed:
  • User country? (thus using a VPN may result in a higher amount of ads?)
  • History content? (which is known to be used to deliver more relevant ads. But may it influence the amount of ads too, thus making clearing the history frequently a bad idea? Could it be possible to build an "optimized" history?)
  • Desktop vs. Mobile version?

JoshPlz

🎇Patron Saint of Good Boys🎆
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reactions: Derped223

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brave now has a verify wallet feature, which allows you to access all funds you make(via Uphold) without the need to self tip.
1570232431462.png

Also, while BTC is low(as of the time and day of this post), I have swapped BAT for some BTC.

• Informative
Reactions: JoshPlz and Begemot

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brave now has a verify wallet feature, which allows you to access all funds you make(via Uphold) without the need to self tip.
View attachment 959579
Also, while BTC is low(as of the time and day of this post), I have swapped BAT for some BTC.
I verified my dev version wallet some time ago, but it still doesn't show on uphold. Figured I'd wait for my appeal on my suspended tips to go through before complaining. Now that it cleared, time to poke someone about the wallet.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JoshPlz

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I verified my dev version wallet some time ago, but it still doesn't show on uphold. Figured I'd wait for my appeal on my suspended tips to go through before complaining. Now that it cleared, time to poke someone about the wallet.
If I may ask, how many browsers did you self tip with? I did all of my 5 plus mobile at the same time with no issue.

As for wallet verification, I'm reluctant to verify person 2-5 to my Uphold due to causing possible suspicion.

Last edited:

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The estimated BAT for Ads have been very w3rong for the last 2 months, the number was very low but the monthly payout was 5 times that.

Has anybody else got the same experience?
I was given 30 BAT on mobile, which has never happened. Can't complain.

• Informative

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The estimated BAT for Ads have been very w3rong for the last 2 months, the number was very low but the monthly payout was 5 times that.

Has anybody else got the same experience?
Yeah, it's like they're giving bonus grants or something. Which is nice since the average user would only earn like 5 BAT a month which ain't shit for tipping.

• Informative

That Darn Mimic

Memmec will be back.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I'm a total crypto dumbass here. I verified my Uphold account and have been trying to withdraw my Brave BAT now that there's an option. Does it take a moment or is there a step I'm overlooking?

Nevermind. It pays to search and read. I did say I was a dumbass...

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As anyone tried to use Uphold to send BAT to a different Eth wallet not on Uphold?

I tried to do just that, sending 48.925BAT to an Eth wallet I have in Jaxx. According to Uphold it all went through, but my Eth wallet still says 0. According to info on the blockchain transaction ID, it has had 61605 block confirmations.

But, on that blockchain transaction, it shows the value as 0 eth.

Screenshot from 2019-10-21 12-39-35.png

According to https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/basic-attention-token/eth 48.925BAT is .06ETH, at current exchange. This transaction was 9 days ago.
So, what happened?

Particle Bored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As anyone tried to use Uphold to send BAT to a different Eth wallet not on Uphold?

I tried to do just that, sending 48.925BAT to an Eth wallet I have in Jaxx. According to Uphold it all went through, but my Eth wallet still says 0. According to info on the blockchain transaction ID, it has had 61605 block confirmations.

But, on that blockchain transaction, it shows the value as 0 eth.

View attachment 979777

According to https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/basic-attention-token/eth 48.925BAT is .06ETH, at current exchange. This transaction was 9 days ago.
So, what happened?
I've only sent BAT from my Uphold wallet to my Coinbase BAT wallet. Havent had an issue.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just input the transaction ID into Jaxx block explorer and see something interesting. It too shows 0Eth, but if I tap on my Eth address from there it shows a token balance of 48.925 BAT but still 0 ETH.

I'm thinking this is a Jaxx problem.

Edit:
So I found this: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/articles/115001187493-My-token-balance-is-not-showing-up-correctly-in-the-Jaxx-Wallet

So I follow the instructions with that shit and can see the BAT. But, I can't do anything with it. I can't send it to another wallet or exchange it to actual ETH because I don't have enough "gas" since I have 0 actual ETH and I can't exchange it to BTC because I need a minimum of 112BAT to do that, and that'll probably want "gas" too.

This fucking bullshit right here is a huge fucking reason why crypto with NEVER become mainstream. Normies will never use this shit when it's this complicated to deal with. Normies will never use this shit when you have to pay rando's to process your transaction and how much you pay determines how fast it's done. Isn't that fucking extortion?

So now I have $10 of BAT sitting in an ETH wallet that I can't even see without doing something that is not recommended (using the private key) and I can't transfer it or exchange it without either getting some ETH for "gas" or adding more BAT to get it high enough to exchange. Cryptocurrency is fucking bullshit.

Last edited:

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just input the transaction ID into Jaxx block explorer and see something interesting. It too shows 0Eth, but if I tap on my Eth address from there it shows a token balance of 48.925 BAT but still 0 ETH.

I'm thinking this is a Jaxx problem.

Edit:
So I found this: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/articles/115001187493-My-token-balance-is-not-showing-up-correctly-in-the-Jaxx-Wallet

So I follow the instructions with that shit and can see the BAT. But, I can't do anything with it. I can't send it to another wallet or exchange it to actual ETH because I don't have enough "gas" since I have 0 actual ETH and I can't exchange it to BTC because I need a minimum of 112BAT to do that, and that'll probably want "gas" too.

This fucking bullshit right here is a huge fucking reason why crypto with NEVER become mainstream. Normies will never use this shit when it's this complicated to deal with. Normies will never use this shit when you have to pay rando's to process your transaction and how much you pay determines how fast it's done. Isn't that fucking extortion?

So now I have $10 of BAT sitting in an ETH wallet that I can't even see without doing something that is not recommended (using the private key) and I can't transfer it or exchange it without either getting some ETH for "gas" or adding more BAT to get it high enough to exchange. Cryptocurrency is fucking bullshit.
baste and red pilled

• Feels
Reactions: Particle Bored

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got it sorted out. I sent all the BTC I had in my Jaxx wallet to my BTC Uphold wallet. Then I exchanged enough to get .02 ETH and sent to my ETH Jaxx wallet. I then used that one site with the private key again to exchange the BAT in that wallet to ETH in that wallet. Then I sent all the ETH in the Jaxx wallet to a new ETH Uphold wallet.

Why not just do the BTC to ETH exchange in Jaxx? Because I would have had to sign up for another service called ShapeShift and I didn't want to do that. With Uphold, I can do the exchange within Uphold.

Fuck Jaxx.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't recommend multi-coin wallets, they're way too sketchy. I use MyEtherWallet (locally hosted) for ETH stuff.

Tags
None