Batman Beyond animated theatrical movie in development -

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
thegww.com/report-warner-bros-developing-animated-batman-beyond-movie-for-theatrical-release/

Warner Bros. Developing Animated ‘Batman Beyond’ Movie For Theatrical Release

Yes, you read that correctly.

After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.

Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

F4E0427F-CEED-4E42-BA61-5412CDDBB06A.jpeg

16E2BAC5-F028-4147-B35B-E1D47BAB9B29.jpeg

Dx4m7FrXgAEq3LR

The film will be based on the 90s series of the same name, which saw high schooler Terry McGinnis take up the mantle of Batman under the wing of a retired Bruce Wayne in the year 2039. It ran for 52 episodes before ending in December 2001.

Jetpack Himmler

Self-loathing Millennial
kiwifarms.net
That's how the dark knight trilogy was made. It is why the DCEU has been dog shit, because they've just been trying to emulate Marvel.
Except Batman Begins released in 2005 and the Dark Knight in 2008 (same year as the first Iron Man), so you can't really say DC was trying to copy Marvel on that front. As for Batman Beyond, they better have Michael Keaton voice Old Man Bruce Wayne.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
My initial worry reading the title of this thread was wondering if it would be like the Killing Joke movie where they have little trust and respect for the source material and the original concept
Reading the quote now tells me it'll be worse, this is planning on being the next suicide squad (expect last minute cuts and animations drastically changing the tone and plot to imitate the most recent Marvel success)

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
That picture shows a Wile E. Coyote movie is apparently in the works as well, apparently it's directed by the guy who did the LEGO Batman movie. I doubt that and the Batman Beyond movie are going to be good, but I want to believe...

R

RG 448

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully Curaré :tomgirl:
She better leave the mask on.
Yeah with Return Of The Joker the bar is set pretty high for BB animated movies.
Yeah, and that’s my big thing here. They closed the book on Batman Beyond a long time ago, and at least in my case it would take something really special to make me give a shit about that story again.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, guess this gives me an excuse to dredge up my mom's DVDs and do a long-overdue rewatch.

Yes, my mom watched this show. Would come home after school to find her in her favorite chair tuned in to Kids' WB for BB.

FrickinFrackinFruckin

kiwifarms.net
An animated movie? I'm surprised they aren't making it a live action version like everything else! I need to do a rewatch of the Batman Beyond series also.