Batman Beyond animated theatrical movie in development -

Rumpled Foreskin

More Human Than Human
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As long as they keep the tone of the series, and include one or two of the fantastic, original villains, I think I’ll be happy. This show was such a great extension to Batman lore, and was fairly original for what it is. I’m excited.

Edit to add: decided to throw on the first episode, for nostalgia’s sake, and I’ll be damned if Heath Ledger didn’t pull his “let’s put a smile on that face” line from one of the jokers from the first episode. Holy shit lol.

Last edited:

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
She better leave the mask on.

Yeah, and that’s my big thing here. They closed the book on Batman Beyond a long time ago, and at least in my case it would take something really special to make me give a shit about that story again.
Only on in the animated form, there is a Batman Beyond comic series that has a different timeline, some thing ended up better for some of the characters like Dick Grayso compared to the old timeline

Miang

kiwifarms.net
Beyond was an incredible show and deserved a much longer run than it got. The opening few minutes showing Bruce's last night as Batman has most comic movies these days beat for drama. If you grew up with Batman: The Animated Series, it absolutely breaks your heart in the most bleakly perfect way.

hm0EBfB.jpg
XSut53x.jpg

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they ditched the "reboot" angle and just got as much of the original team back for a Season 4 continuation. There was a lot of great story material still left by the time the show ended. And I'd just love to hear Will Friedle's Terry and Kevin Conroy's Bruce bantering again.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The live action movies suck besides WW and Aquaman but the DC animated movies and series are awesome.

Except for the last few movies where Timm's inner fetishist has taken creative control and the movies have suffered as a result.

Never in my mind did I think a DCAU version of Killing Joke would disappoint me, but here we are

WaltherPPGAY

kiwifarms.net
I went back to the show a few years back and while I think there are a number of good ideas there, I have to say I was disappointed with it overall especially as compared to the other DCAU ventures.

Hopefully they can make it work.

Lucifer's Rectum

Rapidly deteriorating mental state
kiwifarms.net
quality stuff
I haven't seen this movie, and now I know I never will. God I miss when DC's animated movies were good.

Except for the last few movies where Timm's inner fetishist has taken creative control and the movies have suffered as a result.
Never in my mind did I think a DCAU version of Killing Joke would disappoint me, but here we are
Speaking of DC's animated movies being disappointing, is that why the killing joke had that completely unnecessary 40 odd minutes of crap in the beginning?\

Anyway on topic, I grew up with Batman Beyond, so I'm hoping this is decent. Unfortunately DC's track record with animated films has been pretty spotty for a while now, so lets just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of DC's animated movies being disappointing, is that why the killing joke had that completely unnecessary 40 odd minutes of crap in the beginning?

It's my understanding that Batgirl/Batman being Timm's favorite ship is exactly why the Killing Joke toddled along for a half hour before the story proper began.

Lucifer's Rectum

Rapidly deteriorating mental state
kiwifarms.net
It's my understanding that Batgirl/Batman being Timm's favorite ship is exactly why the Killing Joke toddled along for a half hour before the story proper began.
So basically Bruce Timm is going to shit as a creator in the same way that Chris Claremont did? Wonderful.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also there is only so much Killing Joke to put on the screen. iirc you can just skip the first half hour and basically be none the wiser.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thankfully never saw it. I don’t get Harley Quinn’s appeal.
Bad girl, tight costume, ambiguously bi, seems like she’d make the first move. It’s the geek incel dream.
Animated Capeshit is usually pretty damn good. Weird how the save the more mature themes for the stuff clearly aimed at kids.
Probably because the expectations aren’t as high. Live action movies have to appeal to a broad international audience because they cost a fortune. Animated straight to DVD stuff doesn’t have to make a billion and is aimed at fans, so they can afford to clever it up a bit.