Battle for Section 230 - The Situation Monitoring Thread for Monitoring the Situation of the Situation Monitor's Situation Monitoring

• Downtime due to DDoS attacks still. I'm waiting on different providers to give me what I need to deal with it long-term.

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net
Trump had this to say about holding back the budget to get what he wanted out of 230
View attachment 1813533
source
Was it one of those pinky swear promises with fingers crossed behind the back?

I'm just done with seemingly everything being either in a coded message or somebody deliberately planting a psyop.
Nowadays you can't get anybody to say it the way it is.

I suppose the efforts to get rid of 230 is an elaborate "sting to expose the corrupt black hats" or whatever the fuck Q cultists put out.

Had

"he who increases knowledge increases sorrow"-1:18
kiwifarms.net
Was it one of those pinky swear promises with fingers crossed behind the back?
Here is what I'm referencing
1609186649923.png

TamarYaelBatYah

Melinda Leigh Scott
kiwifarms.net
Tomorrow, Tuesday, December 29, 2020, the Senate of the USA will vote on whether or not to repeal Section 230 of the CDA.

I personally wrote the President's Cabinet in Summer 2020 and asked them to look at my Supreme Court case (Scott v Moon) (the Petition was denied but my reasons were there). The President wants CDA Section 230 repealed.

If the Senate repeals it, Kiwi Farms will be forced to shut down

See here the President's commitment to repealing CDA Section 230

Fellow KF Victims, let's hope they repeal it!!

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
Tomorrow, Tuesday, December 29, 2020, the Senate of the USA will vote on whether or not to repeal Section 230 of the CDA.

I personally wrote the President's Cabinet in Summer 2020 and asked them to look at my Supreme Court case (Scott v Moon) (the Petition was denied but my reasons were there). The President wants CDA Section 230 repealed.

Yeah no it's not getting repealed just yet.

Trump has no political capital left with the Republicans and the House Dems have already said they aren't going to do shit. The Bill has been signed but Trump is giving Congress a chance to amend the Bill based on his recommendations otherwise he will withhold the money to fund the Bill. However their is a time limit for how long he can do this before the Bill goes into effect. Essentially what he's doing is an attempt to save face by writing an angry letter to Congress and threatening sanctions but the swamp creatures in Congress could give two fucks right now and won't listen to him.

Either nothing is going to happen tomorrow or this is my "peace for our time" post before every thing goes to Hell.

Kheapathic

Stationary Lives Matter!!!
kiwifarms.net

Yahoowa wants to talk to you in person. Don't keep him waiting.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
Here 230 bill page 2-6 :story:
12 SEC. 2. REPEAL OF SECTION 230.
13 (a) IN GENERAL.—Section 230 of the Communica14 tions Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230) is repealed.
15 (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENTS.—
16 (1) COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1934.—The Com17 munications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 151 et seq.) is
18 amended—
19 (A) in section 223(h) (47 U.S.C. 223(h)),
20 by striking paragraph (2) and inserting the fol21 lowing:
22 ‘‘(2) The term ‘interactive computer service’
23 means any information service, system, or access
24 software provider that provides or enables computer
25 access by multiple users to a computer server, in-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 cluding specifically a service or system that provides
2 access to the Internet and such systems operated or
3 services offered by libraries or educational institu4 tions.’’; and
5 (B) in section 231(b)(4) (47 U.S.C.
6 231(b)(4)), by striking ‘‘or section 230’’.
7 (2) TRADEMARK ACT OF 1946.—Section 45 of
8 the Act entitled ‘‘An Act to provide for the registra9 tion and protection of trademarks used in commerce,
10 to carry out the provisions of certain international
11 conventions, and for other purposes’’, approved July
12 5, 1946 (commonly known as the ‘‘Trademark Act
13 of 1946’’) (15 U.S.C. 1127) is amended by striking
14 the definition relating to the term ‘‘Internet’’ and in15 serting the following:
16 ‘‘The term ‘Internet’ means the international com17 puter network of both Federal and non-Federal interoper18 able packet switched data networks.’’.
19 (3) TITLE 17, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
20 1401 of title 17, United States Code, is amended by
21 striking subsection (g).
22 (4) TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE.—Part I of
23 title 18, United States Code, is amended—
24 (A) in section 2257(h)(2)(B)(v), by strik25 ing ‘‘, except that deletion of a particular com-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 munication or material made by another person
2 in a manner consistent with section 230(c) of
3 the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
4 230(c)) shall not constitute such selection or al5 teration of the content of the communication’’;
6 and
7 (B) in section 2421A—
8 (i) in subsection (a), by striking ‘‘(as
9 such term is defined in defined in section
10 230(f) the Communications Act of 1934
11 (47 U.S.C. 230(f)))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as
12 that term is defined in section 223 of the
13 Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
14 223))’’; and
15 (ii) in subsection (b), by striking ‘‘(as
16 such term is defined in defined in section
17 230(f) the Communications Act of 1934
18 (47 U.S.C. 230(f)))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as
19 that term is defined in section 223 of the
20 Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
21 223))’’.
22 (5) CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT.—Section
23 401(h)(3)(A)(iii)(II) of the Controlled Substances
24 Act (21 U.S.C. 841(h)(3)(A)(iii)(II)) is amended by
25 striking ‘‘, except that deletion of a particular com-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 munication or material made by another person in
2 a manner consistent with section 230(c) of the Com3 munications Act of 1934 shall not constitute such
4 selection or alteration of the content of the commu5 nication’’.
6 (6) WEBB-KENYON ACT.—Section 3(b)(1) of
7 the Act entitled ‘‘An Act divesting intoxicating liq8 uors of their interstate character in certain cases’’,
9 approved March 1, 1913 (commonly known as the
10 ‘‘Webb-Kenyon Act’’) (27 U.S.C. 122b(b)(1)) is
11 amended by striking ‘‘(as defined in section 230(f)
12 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
13 230(f))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as defined in section 223 of
14 the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 223))’’.
15 (7) TITLE 28, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
16 4102 of title 28, United States Code, is amended—
17 (A) by striking subsection (c); and
18 (B) in subsection (e)—
19 (i) by striking ‘‘construed to’’ and all
20 that follows through ‘‘affect’’ and inserting
21 ‘‘construed to affect’’; and
22 (ii) by striking ‘‘defamation; or’’ and
23 all that follows and inserting ‘‘defama24 tion.’’.
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 (8) TITLE 31, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
2 5362(6) of title 31, United States Code, is amended
3 by striking ‘‘section 230(f) of the Communications
4 Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230(f))’’ and inserting ‘‘sec5 tion 223 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47
6 U.S.C. 223)’’.
7 (9) NATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND IN8 FORMATION ADMINISTRATION ORGANIZATION ACT.—
9 Section 157 of the National Telecommunications
10 and Information Administration Organization Act
11 (47 U.S.C. 941) is amended—
12 (A) by striking subsection (e); and
13 (B) by redesignating subsections (f)
14 through (j) as subsections (e) through (i), re15 spectively.

Attachments

• mcconnell-stimulus-offer.pdf
    44.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
Here 230 bill page 2-6 :story:

12 SEC. 2. REPEAL OF SECTION 230.
13 (a) IN GENERAL.—Section 230 of the Communica14 tions Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230) is repealed.
15 (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENTS.—
16 (1) COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1934.—The Com17 munications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 151 et seq.) is
18 amended—
19 (A) in section 223(h) (47 U.S.C. 223(h)),
20 by striking paragraph (2) and inserting the fol21 lowing:
22 ‘‘(2) The term ‘interactive computer service’
23 means any information service, system, or access
24 software provider that provides or enables computer
25 access by multiple users to a computer server, in-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 cluding specifically a service or system that provides
2 access to the Internet and such systems operated or
3 services offered by libraries or educational institu4 tions.’’; and
5 (B) in section 231(b)(4) (47 U.S.C.
6 231(b)(4)), by striking ‘‘or section 230’’.
7 (2) TRADEMARK ACT OF 1946.—Section 45 of
8 the Act entitled ‘‘An Act to provide for the registra9 tion and protection of trademarks used in commerce,
10 to carry out the provisions of certain international
11 conventions, and for other purposes’’, approved July
12 5, 1946 (commonly known as the ‘‘Trademark Act
13 of 1946’’) (15 U.S.C. 1127) is amended by striking
14 the definition relating to the term ‘‘Internet’’ and in15 serting the following:
16 ‘‘The term ‘Internet’ means the international com17 puter network of both Federal and non-Federal interoper18 able packet switched data networks.’’.
19 (3) TITLE 17, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
20 1401 of title 17, United States Code, is amended by
21 striking subsection (g).
22 (4) TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE.—Part I of
23 title 18, United States Code, is amended—
24 (A) in section 2257(h)(2)(B)(v), by strik25 ing ‘‘, except that deletion of a particular com-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 munication or material made by another person
2 in a manner consistent with section 230(c) of
3 the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
4 230(c)) shall not constitute such selection or al5 teration of the content of the communication’’;
6 and
7 (B) in section 2421A—
8 (i) in subsection (a), by striking ‘‘(as
9 such term is defined in defined in section
10 230(f) the Communications Act of 1934
11 (47 U.S.C. 230(f)))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as
12 that term is defined in section 223 of the
13 Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
14 223))’’; and
15 (ii) in subsection (b), by striking ‘‘(as
16 such term is defined in defined in section
17 230(f) the Communications Act of 1934
18 (47 U.S.C. 230(f)))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as
19 that term is defined in section 223 of the
20 Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
21 223))’’.
22 (5) CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT.—Section
23 401(h)(3)(A)(iii)(II) of the Controlled Substances
24 Act (21 U.S.C. 841(h)(3)(A)(iii)(II)) is amended by
25 striking ‘‘, except that deletion of a particular com-
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 munication or material made by another person in
2 a manner consistent with section 230(c) of the Com3 munications Act of 1934 shall not constitute such
4 selection or alteration of the content of the commu5 nication’’.
6 (6) WEBB-KENYON ACT.—Section 3(b)(1) of
7 the Act entitled ‘‘An Act divesting intoxicating liq8 uors of their interstate character in certain cases’’,
9 approved March 1, 1913 (commonly known as the
10 ‘‘Webb-Kenyon Act’’) (27 U.S.C. 122b(b)(1)) is
11 amended by striking ‘‘(as defined in section 230(f)
12 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C.
13 230(f))’’ and inserting ‘‘(as defined in section 223 of
14 the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 223))’’.
15 (7) TITLE 28, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
16 4102 of title 28, United States Code, is amended—
17 (A) by striking subsection (c); and
18 (B) in subsection (e)—
19 (i) by striking ‘‘construed to’’ and all
20 that follows through ‘‘affect’’ and inserting
21 ‘‘construed to affect’’; and
22 (ii) by striking ‘‘defamation; or’’ and
23 all that follows and inserting ‘‘defama24 tion.’’.
ERN20A91 N0D S.L.C.
1 (8) TITLE 31, UNITED STATES CODE.—Section
2 5362(6) of title 31, United States Code, is amended
3 by striking ‘‘section 230(f) of the Communications
4 Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230(f))’’ and inserting ‘‘sec5 tion 223 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47
6 U.S.C. 223)’’.
7 (9) NATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND IN8 FORMATION ADMINISTRATION ORGANIZATION ACT.—
9 Section 157 of the National Telecommunications
10 and Information Administration Organization Act
11 (47 U.S.C. 941) is amended—
12 (A) by striking subsection (e); and
13 (B) by redesignating subsections (f)
14 through (j) as subsections (e) through (i), re15 spectively.
The fuck all this legal gibberish mean?

Call me optimistic but the fact McConnell attached the election investigation into this Bill is a good sign it's going to get shot down in the House.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
He just phoning in the poision pill :story:
lets find out tommorow :gunt:
look at the document your self i added it also.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
The fuck all this legal gibberish mean?

Call me optimistic but the fact McConnell attached the election investigation into this Bill is a good sign it's going to get shot down in the House.
The legal gibberish is basically adjusting existing laws that reference section 230 into now referencing things that would still exist after it was repealed.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious he's setting this up as a poison pill anyway, so barring some extraordinary circumstances, I don't think this shit is passing.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the full bill.
Really says something that.. despite the 'bothsidism' that GOP bootlickers are trying to push.. that the only thing preventing the internet being destroyed, something that Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell are trying to attach to a policy that 70-85% of Americans support, is the Democratic Party.

Rotollo

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
despite the 'bothsidism' that GOP bootlickers are trying to push.. that the only thing preventing the internet being destroyed, something that Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell are trying to attach to a policy that 70-85% of Americans support, is the Democratic Party.
The only thing keeping (while also threatening) 230 from being fucked with is most people have no clue how the hell the internet works, especially in DC

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
>Sempai noticed me but he delivered the worst news possible

I'm sure there's a deep metaphor in their somewhere.

So Bossman Null. what are your thoughts on this proposed Bill? Is this truly the end or is this just McConnell trying to save face by proposing an unwinnable Bill to save face?
I'm leaning towards this being about the GA senate run. McConnell is trying to put the Democrats on the horns of a dilemma. Pass the bill? "Trump and the GOP have done so many great things for the party, promises made, promises kept, go vote!" Kill the bill? "Democrats hate Americans and want them to starve to death, they're going to force everyone to take a measly $600 paycheck, go vote!" I'm impressed by the low cunning on display even as I fervently hope he suffers from a massive heart attack.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ironically that shit was more accurate than 90% of what Congressmen say about the Internet.
It's not that far off. It's a series of networks and very large cables. Not exactly tubes, but not too far off compared to the retard president and his enablers who wants to repeal section 230 all because they dared to fact check him

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's not that far off. It's a series of networks and very large cables. Not exactly tubes, but not too far off compared to the retard president and his enablers who wants to repeal section 230 all because they dared to fact check him
I still find it concerning that as more and more government communication occurs through these corporations, they increasingly get the power literally to interfere with the ability of the government to do its job. For instance, there are now government agencies at state and federal levels where you have to communicate with them with something owned by Google, or a Facebook page, and in-person and other means of communication are being phased out or degraded. There are jobs where they demand a Facebook page. So if you get kicked off Google or Facebook or whatever, suddenly you have been cut off from the easiest way of utilizing government services, with absolutely no due process or right to appeal it. And as infantile as President Poopy Pants has been, I seriously don't want corporate propaganda intervening between the President and the people. Twitter has no right to a fucking opinion, any more than the phone company has the right to break into a phone call between me and my mom to tell me my mom is full of shit.

JustSomeDong

My own dark side lower companion...
kiwifarms.net
I still find it concerning that as more and more government communication occurs through these corporations, they increasingly get the power literally to interfere with the ability of the government to do its job. For instance, there are now government agencies at state and federal levels where you have to communicate with them with something owned by Google, or a Facebook page, and in-person and other means of communication are being phased out or degraded. There are jobs where they demand a Facebook page. So if you get kicked off Google or Facebook or whatever, suddenly you have been cut off from the easiest way of utilizing government services, with absolutely no due process or right to appeal it. And as infantile as President Poopy Pants has been, I seriously don't want corporate propaganda intervening between the President and the people. Twitter has no right to a fucking opinion, any more than the phone company has the right to break into a phone call between me and my mom to tell me my mom is full of shit.
I'm gonna keep repeating it until it really sinks in. Outsourcing is one of the last great American traditions.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I kind of get it, but at the same time, expecting a government to do everything itself is also not really feasible. Do you really expect the government to create its own intranet services, email system, email software, email server software, etc...?