battlefield 5 goes full sjw - badass woman with prosthetic hand in ww2, sure...

Elric of Melnibone

ElricKiwi@protonmail.com
kiwifarms.net
visceral was canned because they were simply to expensive, being based in LA (there's a post-mortem flying around detailing it). but this wouldn't have mattered as much if they would've released a million seller battlefield. 60 bucks + premium tip was retarded from the get-go when at best people perceived it as a somewhat bigger BF4 DLC, in the end EA played themselves. and it's even more ironic considering when they needed devs experienced with frostbite and third person games their only options were some swedes or whatever diversity hire bioware could muster. so their shiny new destiny competitor bombed even harder (and as someone who actually kinda likes it it would've been exciting to see what visceral would've done with it).

part of gitting gud is knowing what kit to use when and where. I dropped plenty of supports with a pistol up close because for many using a different weapon besides standing still and pressing m1 is akin to cheating.

as for the the history part, that's what I meant. a lot of shit happened in ww1, and while there is certainly a demographic for it to experience it in it's gritty detail, that's not how you sell a casual fps to millions of normies, which was always the case when it came to battlefield. no one wants to play bf4 where your buddy gets his legs blown off by an IED and dies in screaming agony for minutes.
however that suspension of disbelief only goes so far, women in ww2 while claiming to be "grounded in reality" is just nonsense. after a certain point the look and feel of that conflict simply gets lost where you have to wonder what's the point.
The perfect battlefield game would be the pandemic star wars battlefront 2 where each map is a real historic battle. If EA would have just kept pandemic and not been greedy fucks, they could have made the money counting machine go brrrrrrrt all day long. Instead their unethical greedy business model takes one bonefide money making series/developer after another and dashes it against the rocks. I would kill for another pandemic battlefront game, or a battlefront style battlefield. I would commit genocide for a pandemic mercenaries 3

MrJokerRager

Breasts are always great lol and Trump 2024 MAGA
kiwifarms.net
BF1 does have superb visuals and that's one of the things I'd never fault DICE for. The Frostbite engine produces very pretty graphics and makes everything look pristine. The operations game mode looks cool and at least attempts to give some semblance of historical foundation to the game although my largest complaints with accuracy are campaign based. Running around with an M1917 in multiplayer is the equivalent to running around with a laser rifle however I can almost tolerate it.

I'm gonna harp on it again but Avanti Savoia! was one of the absolute worst depictions of any historical event in a video game. My great-grandfather fought in that theater and told stories of how he had to hide under corpses to avoid being caught by Austro-Hungarian soldiers. Endless wave after wave of Italians being sent to die by a truly incompetent man entirely in vain because he thought wars were won simply by courage and a desire to succeed. What could have been a story about the futility of misplaced bravado and a population already disillusioned by pointless bloodshed after a dozen Battles of the Isonzo River was instead turned into the Juggernaut from MW2 going on a killing spree. This alone would be enough to get me to never trust DICE ever again and they further cemented it with BFV.

I feel you on that, however by DICE's standards on single player campaigns for BF1, its one of the best single player campaigns of the games so far. Usually DICE's single player missions are just giant tutorials. There was the apocalypse DLC where you start the map by gassing the Italians at Caporetto, was he there also?

They oversold the Harlem Hell fighters in the game when they were treated like shit and not considered part of the official US Military and served under the French. Makes better sense to put them under the French Army. And the Bedouin mission would have been better if you played as Lawrence himself but you know "muh girl power" which was a powerful foreshadowing for what we would see in BFV. And recently learned the devs were planning to do the BFV treatment in BF1 but for some reason didn't, maybe to time constraints.

I forgot to mention the best part of the game for me, going at full speed with the horse and impaling some fuck successfully.

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
I feel you on that, however by DICE's standards on single player campaigns for BF1, its one of the best single player campaigns of the games so far. Usually DICE's single player missions are just giant tutorials. There was the apocalypse DLC where you start the map by gassing the Italians at Caporetto, was he there also?

They oversold the Harlem Hell fighters in the game when they were treated like shit and not considered part of the official US Military and served under the French. Makes better sense to put them under the French Army. And the Bedouin mission would have been better if you played as Lawrence himself but you know "muh girl power" which was a powerful foreshadowing for what we would see in BFV. And recently learned the devs were planning to do the BFV treatment in BF1 but for some reason didn't, maybe to time constraints.

I forgot to mention the best part of the game for me, going at full speed with the horse and impaling some fuck successfully.
From what my grandmother tells me, he didn't speak much about the war which I don't blame him for. He mentioned fighting in the mountains, fighting in caves. He eventually deserted using the excuse he was going to get some water. They probably thought he was dead and didn't pay any mind to him having disappeared. As for exactly which battles he was involved with, I'm uncertain. He was born in 1899 and would definitely been there in time for Caporetto to happen but I don't know if there's a way of knowing for sure.

Single player missions being giant tutorials is a waste when the Great War has so many tales of bravery and tragedy. There were bits and pieces of the makings of a great narrative however everything was just so mishandled in part due to the devs have a delusional political stance.

The story with the Harlem Hellfighters was acceptable although focusing on them to the degree they did was entirely a woke marketing choice. They were a microcosm of the war, putting a black man on the cover of a game that was fought by 95% whites is ludicrous. Even putting an Indian man on the cover would have made more sense. Then they repeated with the bald Russian woman for their expansion. It's honestly aggravating to see what could have been a slamdunk masterpiece of game be used for bullshit like this.

Don't even get me started on the farce that was the Bedouin story mission. Absolute fanfiction to the highest order. The person responsible for this should feel ashamed to exploit the sacrifices of the rebels for cheap politcal points.

Overall, Battlefield 1 is a game I find to be personally insulting and just another hack fraud modern product meant to be hyper consumed by the masses albeit one wrapped in a much nicer bow than most. The devs finally went full mask-off with BFV and it shows. I watched the comparison video you posted and boy was the difference noticeable. Where was the effort in BFV? Every aspect of the game is a downgrade from the previous one with absolutely no upside at all to show for it.

Last edited:

Miller

kiwifarms.net
And the Bedouin mission would have been better if you played as Lawrence himself but you know "muh girl power" which was a powerful foreshadowing for what we would see in BFV.
DICE has never hidden the fact that they wanted to put women in the BF1 multiplayer but someone at EA said no. That said, they got their way with the female russian snipers in the DLC.

The story with the Harlem Hellfighters was acceptable although focusing on them to the degree they did was entirely a woke marketing choice. They were a microcosm of the war, putting a black man on the cover of a game that was fought by 95% whites is ludicrous. Even putting an Indian man on the cover would have made more sense. Then they repeated with the bald Russian woman for their expansion. It's honestly aggravating to see what could have been a slamdunk masterpiece of game turn be used for bullshit like this.
Not only that but DICE didn't want to show what people wanted to experience in a WW1 game (they did the same in BFV, no Normandy map to this day), and they "kinda forgot" to allow character customization for the multiplayer so you would always be forced to play as a black soldier or a bald head female sniper.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
DICE has never hidden the fact that they wanted to put women in the BF1 multiplayer but someone at EA said no. That said, they got their way with the female russian snipers in the DLC.

Not only that but DICE didn't want to show what people wanted to experience in a WW1 game (they did the same in BFV, no Normandy map to this day), and they "kinda forgot" to allow character customization for the multiplayer so you would always be forced to play as a black soldier or a bald head female sniper.
Yeah the lack of customization is a head scratcher.

They sort of did the same thing with Battlefront 2.

You couldn't change the sex of the character. Only race or ethnicity sometimes...

So, it made for some goofy pairings. Like permanent female heavy weapons stormtrooper in the first order faction...

I kinda understand it being rigid for the clone army, but everyone else should be flexible...

DICE really went up their own ass about this stuff for the past couple years.

They're really taking a bioware trajectory. Shame because they have a quality development history...

Miller

kiwifarms.net
They sort of did the same thing with Battlefront 2.
You couldn't change the sex of the character. Only race or ethnicity sometimes...
Yeah, for the Empire or Rebel/Resistance you can only switch between white guy and black guy. If you want to play as an alien you have those ugly looking Weequay or Abednedo, and the cute Twi'lek is only for the sniper class.

So, it made for some goofy pairings. Like permanent female heavy weapons stormtrooper in the first order faction...
That was weird too. Even the horned alien with the minigun from Episode 9 is a female.

DICE really went up their own ass about this stuff for the past couple years. They're really taking a bioware trajectory. Shame because they have a quality development history...
Indeed but most people don't know that there's an office at EA dedicated to "diversity and inclusion" that oversees every production from the EA-owned studios. Laura Miele is the head of that politburo. She's been in the industry for a long time but she was just some kind of secretary. Now she checks every studio to see if each game is diverse enough, if not then they have to go back to the drawing bord. Ubisoft also has an office like that, they said in one of their blogposts that they only answer to Yves Guillemot (the CEO). It's insane.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, for the Empire or Rebel/Resistance you can only switch between white guy and black guy. If you want to play as an alien you have those ugly looking Weequay or Abednedo, and the cute Twi'lek is only for the sniper class.

That was weird too. Even the horned alien with the minigun from Episode 9 is a female.

Indeed but most people don't know that there's an office at EA dedicated to "diversity and inclusion" that oversees every production from the EA-owned studios. Laura Miele is the head of that politburo. She's been in the industry for a long time but she was just some kind of secretary. Now she checks every studio to see if each game is diverse enough, if not then they have to go back to the drawing bord. Ubisoft also has an office like that, they said in one of their blogposts that they only answer to Yves Guillemot (the CEO). It's insane.

Interestingly enough, if they just added more customization: you would get more diversity.

It makes me think the static clone army screwed with diversity metrics. It's clear that they were going for a specific gender ratio that just seems silly and unnecessary...

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
Battlefield V was specifically the British vs. Germans which was a new perspective, at least when the title launched.

I don't think it was a bad game, but it strayed a bit too far from historic shooter and coming right on the heels of Battlefield 1 didn't help matters.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it was a bad game, but it strayed a bit too far from historic shooter and coming right on the heels of Battlefield 1 didn't help matters.

BF1 being in a pretty good spot content and gameplay wise while BF5 was literal dogshit didn't help either. BF4 launch #2 electric boogaloo.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
BF1 being in a pretty good spot content and gameplay wise while BF5 was literal dogshit didn't help either. BF4 launch #2 electric boogaloo.
I didn't think it was possible for an FPS to have less content than a game it was built from, but BFV proved me wrong.

Even if we disregard the blatant lack of respect for the conflict and the ridiculous aesthetics, the game is a fucking mess.

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
Battlefield V was specifically the British vs. Germans which was a new perspective, at least when the title launched.

I’m curious what you mean by “new perspective”. Brits vs Germans had been done all the way back in BF1942.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of surprised at the criticism that you guys have thrown at BF1

I thought that that game was universally beloved. Heck, when it was revealed I remember it being the most liked trailer on Youtube, and tons and tons of people just absolutely destroying Infinite Warfare verbally thanks to it, saying that COD has been officially "killed" due to BF1 and all that.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
I didn't think it was possible for an FPS to have less content than a game it was built from, but BFV proved me wrong.

Even if we disregard the blatant lack of respect for the conflict and the ridiculous aesthetics, the game is a fucking mess.
The UI and the menus in general were so fucking bad. I think they've changed the UI for the character customization menu at least 2 times since they've released the game and it's still a nightmare to use. The player profile menu serves no purpose, you can pick a medal and an emblem (there's no emblem creator tool) but they don't show up in-game.

JoseRaulChupacabra

1.c4 is not as bad as 1.d4, practically speaking.
kiwifarms.net

I thought that that game was universally beloved. Heck, when it was revealed I remember it being the most liked trailer on Youtube, and tons and tons of people just absolutely destroying Infinite Warfare verbally thanks to it, saying that COD has been officially "killed" due to BF1 and all that.
It had a lot of hype around its announcement and it had a successful beta. But like with anything, after the honeymoon period with a game, the broken stuff appears after a while and becomes hard to ignore. Immediately after release, woke bullshit was noticed. Then explosive spam, this was a particularly big problem that IIRC, was never really resolved. Then, there was this whole fiasco that revolved around ammo resupply.

It wasn't all bad, though. Nowhere near the BFV levels of trashfire.

Prince of Crows

It's been emotional
kiwifarms.net

British Vs Germans was the focus of a bunch of battles in the first ever Battlefield game man, 1942. Since then there hasn't been any BF games set in WW2, unless you count 1943 which was a F2P with like 2 maps.

The only new thing they tried to do in BFV was introduce wokeness & it fell flat in its face because of that. Politics aside the game is trash, lack of content at launch immediately hindered it but then they made a bunch of changes to the core gameplay (specifically time to kill) that further made the game a mess to play.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
The UI and the menus in general were so fucking bad. I think they've changed the UI for the character customization menu at least 2 times since they've released the game and it's still a nightmare to use. The player profile menu serves no purpose, you can pick a medal and an emblem (there's no emblem creator tool) but they don't show up in-game.
No codex, fewer weapons, less game modes, less campaign content, and fewer (and worse) maps than BF1 at launch. How is it that DICE was able to transition from modern warfare to WWI so seamlessly, but going from that to WWII was too much for them?

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net

I’d say it’s generally liked by most of the people that played it because most of the people that played it were CoD’s audience. Also the trailer did generate a lot of hype and is arguably the most successful video game trailer to ever hit youtube.

Not many people care too much about history nor are too many people veterans of other Battlefield games.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net

I thought the campaign was a little lacking to be honest. The prologue was great with the Hell Fighters fighting and dying and cutting the next sequence to show off the war and its horror. After that the game becomes either a vehicle section or a stealth segment. So much of the campaign conflicts with the tone they are going for. You have the new tank driver having trouble adjusting to military life wiping out German outposts with a shovel. You have the pilot who's campaign starts by telling you the horrible attrition rate of the RAF only to have his first mission involve shooting down a dozen German planes. I was also a little disappointed you never once go over the top and storm no man's land.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
I thought the campaign was a little lacking to be honest. The prologue was great with the Hell Fighters fighting and dying and cutting the next sequence to show off the war and its horror. After that the game becomes either a vehicle section or a stealth segment. So much of the campaign conflicts with the tone they are going for. You have the new tank driver having trouble adjusting to military life wiping out German outposts with a shovel. You have the pilot who's campaign starts by telling you the horrible attrition rate of the RAF only to have his first mission involve shooting down a dozen German planes. I was also a little disappointed you never once go over the top and storm no man's land.
No mention of how it claims to represent the moral grayness of WW1 but you exclusively play as the Allies and slaughter Germans, Austrians and Turks by the hundreds?
On the other hand even in 2016 all it would take is one dangerhair seeing a player character wearing a Stalhelm to start a clusterfuck about the game glorifying "Nazis".
So maybe they just being safe.