battlefield 5 goes full sjw - badass woman with prosthetic hand in ww2, sure...

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
No mention of how it claims to represent the moral grayness of WW1 but you exclusively play as the Allies and slaughter Germans, Austrians and Turks by the hundreds?
On the other hand even in 2016 all it would take is one dangerhair seeing a player character wearing a Stalhelm to start a clusterfuck about the game glorifying "Nazis".
So maybe they just being safe.
I think they could have done something neat with the Ottomans and the Battle of Sarikamish. Around 25'000 Ottomans frozen to death because they weren't ready for winter warfare in the mountains. Could have made for a very interesting setting and very interesting story especially since Armenians would be scapegoated and thus be used as an excuse to genocide them.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
No mention of how it claims to represent the moral grayness of WW1 but you exclusively play as the Allies and slaughter Germans, Austrians and Turks by the hundreds?
On the other hand even in 2016 all it would take is one dangerhair seeing a player character wearing a Stalhelm to start a clusterfuck about the game glorifying "Nazis".
So maybe they just being safe.

plus the heavily implied "germans in ww1 were literally proto-nazis!" because easily recognizable bad guys.

MrJokerRager

Breasts are always great lol and Trump 2024 MAGA
kiwifarms.net
Can we rename this thread to the Battlefield General thread.

Battlefield 1 still looks fresh in 2020 but how do people get that revolver he is using?

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
Bump cuz it looks like a new BF is coming this year. Considering Dice's last two games, Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 5 were huge shitstorms, I'm more looking forward to seeing how they'll fuck it up than anything else.

unknown.png

Deadwaste

my password is ballsdeepnpussy69 honest
kiwifarms.net
Bump cuz it looks like a new BF is coming this year. Considering Dice's last two games, Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 5 were huge shitstorms, I'm more looking forward to seeing how they'll fuck it up than anything else.

View attachment 1898852
its gonna be cold war settings or more recent warfare themed. or just make up a fictional war and have it set in that. i dont care

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
its gonna be cold war settings or more recent warfare themed. or just make up a fictional war and have it set in that. i dont care

not gonna happen, first of all dice can't even do reality properly, you really wanna see them do fiction?
also apparently the reason BF1 or vagina never went full alternate history is because "it would confuse players when they expect a realistic battlefield". yes, it's retarded as it sounds, that's why I can easily believe it. not to mention there's no point subverting history that never happened, after all women and dark-skinned germans where all over the place back then. and then got purged harder then the perpetual 6 million somehow without anyone noticing. which also means we're less progressive than 100 years ago. somehow. where's my dieselpunk you swedish faggots?!

oh boy, considering the shitfit dice threw when people complained about their "artistic vision" blue pissfilter in bf3, bleaching some germans in current year is probably getting your whole origin account banned.

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net
oh boy, considering the shitfit dice threw when people complained about their "artistic vision" blue pissfilter in bf3, bleaching some germans in current year is probably getting your whole origin account banned.
That fucking blue filter and to add to it's shittyness that fucking shit filter cost frames disabling it improved performance rather significantly.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
What is it with those filters anyway? Skyrim has this grey filter where everything is washed out, this game has the blue filter, most modern games insist on using it. but why?

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
2142 was awesome. Sure, it was weirdly designed in places (all early Battlefield games were), and the nade spam in the narrow corridors in the Titans could just fuck right off, but a single gun or vehicle in that game had more creativity invested in its creation than all of BF5.

Also, hovertanks and giant robots with rotary autocannons. 'nuff fucking said.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
What is it with those filters anyway? Skyrim has this grey filter where everything is washed out, this game has the blue filter, most modern games insist on using it. but why?

devs thinking they're super artistic with color correction to generate a certain atmosphere/tone. like a cook getting overboard with salt "to make food taste better".
the key word is moderation, but they don't know what that means.

Well they did do it once before the ill fated Battlefield 2142

It was a futuristic Battlefield 2

that was 15 years ago. a different time...

these days they can't even copy themselves, when they try you get something like naval strike (last dlc dice sweden worked on before LA took over).

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
God, Bad Company 2 was great. Always had a fondness for those sorts of fuck-ups and those accomplishments after watching Kelly's Heroes.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
2143 is never happening.

We had a slight chance of it at with BF4s final DLC PAC symbols, prototype hover tank, and a LITERAL TITAN. However, BF1 comes out and I seem to be in a minority but I hated everything about 1 and do we even need to talk about V?

Currently DICE are in damage control mode and have to basically do modern day to appeal to the zoomers who can’t handle futuristic shooters. Because since allegedly cod is going back to WW2 this year I keep seeing “BATTLEFIELD ALREADY WON” now since apparently “modern day setting is the only balanced era”

Whatever the fuck that means but the 2143 idea is dead thanks to dice and the brainlet community.