battlefield 5 goes full sjw - badass woman with prosthetic hand in ww2, sure...

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
2143 is never happening.

We had a slight chance of it at with BF4s final DLC PAC symbols, prototype hover tank, and a LITERAL TITAN. However, BF1 comes out and I seem to be in a minority but I hated everything about 1 and do we even need to talk about V?

Currently DICE are in damage control mode and have to basically do modern day to appeal to the zoomers who can’t handle futuristic shooters. Because since allegedly cod is going back to WW2 this year I keep seeing “BATTLEFIELD ALREADY WON” now since apparently “modern day setting is the only balanced era”

Whatever the fuck that means but the 2143 idea is dead thanks to dice and the brainlet community.

doesn't really matter if you liked bf1 or not, nu-dice will inevitable fuck up 2143 either way.
of course they're going back to modern, since bf4 was the last "real" battlefield that sold and was popular, but if you look closely it wasn't because of dice sweden or their gameplay (it was cheap, got post-launch support out the ass to mend the PR disaster that was launch, was the only "battlefield" around since cod was still stuck in their cod routine).

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
So are people in the right for hyping up the next Battlefield this much or is it a useless effort?
It'll depend on how they reveal the game. If they've shown that they've taken the criticism towards BFV to heart, then it might be OK to be cautiously optimistic (assuming that they take QA more seriously this time). If the trailer's a repeat of the BFV reveal, then we're in for another "wacky" ride (especially if they act just as pissy towards criticism).

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
It'll depend on how they reveal the game. If they've shown that they've taken the criticism towards BFV to heart, then it might be OK to be cautiously optimistic (assuming that they take QA more seriously this time). If the trailer's a repeat of the BFV reveal, then we're in for another "wacky" ride (especially if they act just as pissy towards criticism).

Didnt the dice reveal party make fun of the all the critics?

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
Didnt the dice reveal party make fun of the all the critics?
It did, and it just made them look like even bigger jackasses to the Battlefield fanbase.

They were acting like this in the wake of the Battlefront II controversies, so I guess they liked pissing people off.

Jazz never died!

Brevity is the soul of wit.
kiwifarms.net
Talk about a once beloved franchise now dead thanks to bad pr and qa going out the window. Say what ever you will about Cyberpunk but it didn't kill CD project red it dented there god tier rep but at least the game was good and just still needs more optimization patches or releasing when it was ready like they said they would. Dice pissed on their fans during the release celebration by mocking those who laughed at that cringy trailor now i don't give a fuck about female characters or the aesthetics as long as the game is fun and the devs aren't assholes it'll be a succues. But no they failed both the game was a glitchfilled mess with added mechanics that didn't work and the aesthetics wasn't steampunk like expected it was realistic with obscure weapons and women runing around breaking it not to mention shiting on the fans. Then again BF1 is a good fun game but outside the story mode which was to short to get attached to the characters and was a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer wasn't a realistic ww1 game and is downright insulting for it not fully embracing the setting with trenchwarfare and no smgs or assault riffles that the game had and yes i know they were period accurate and saw limited use but it was just that limited.

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
Re-watched the battlefied 5 trailer and noticed how cartoonish their depiction of war actually was. If you re-watch the 'battle' its absurd even with out robo-girl.

What I always enjoy about Ea is watching them chase trend other companies did, I look forward to their latest gafes with the next battlefield.
Even putting all the wacky cosmetics aside, I could barely tell what the hell was going on half the time.

Worst trailer Battlefield has ever had, they should've been ashamed of the piss poor editing alone.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re-watched the battlefied 5 trailer and noticed how cartoonish their depiction of war actually was. If you re-watch the 'battle' its absurd even with out robo-girl.

What I always enjoy about Ea is watching them chase trend other companies did, I look forward to their latest gafes with the next battlefield.
Obligatory:

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
and these games are all starting to look alike to me.

The Soviet Union was actually known for having a surprisingly large number of women in combat roles in WWII

Early 200,000 were decorated and 89 of them eventually received the Soviet Union's highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union, among which some served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.

There were some, who were actually very skilled (e.x. "Lady Death" was credited with over confirmed 309 sniper kills).

As far as this game, and the "prosthetic" arm, I have no clue how historically accurate it's trying to be, but I've seen WWII games like Company of Heroes 2 feature female soldiers (for the Soviet faction in particular) and it isn't entirely historically inaccurate or just a PR move to "please feminists/SJWs/etc".

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Soviet Union was actually known for having a surprisingly large number of women in combat roles in WWII

Early 200,000 were decorated and 89 of them eventually received the Soviet Union's highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union, among which some served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.

There were some, who were actually very skilled (e.x. "Lady Death" was credited with over confirmed 309 sniper kills).

As far as this game, and the "prosthetic" arm, I have no clue how historically accurate it's trying to be, but I've seen WWII games like Company of Heroes 2 feature female soldiers (for the Soviet faction in particular) and it isn't entirely historically inaccurate or just a PR move to "please feminists/SJWs/etc".
That's not a Soviet woman in the trailer.

Cardenio

Earthrocker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It wasn't, at all. On paper DICE just thought they'd make a modern silly shooter (ala Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019) but with WW2 window dressing because WW2 is the biggest war humanity will hopefully endure and thus it's the most well known war.

It was completely tone deaf and it's even more bizarre when you remember that Battlefield 1 was the previous BF that took its window dressing (WW1 duh) with some semblance of video gamey respect.

Really at the end of the day I don't blame wokeness as much as it was a stupid publisher trying to force a studio to maximize profits. EA wanted a playerbase of dumb whales who'd spend small fortunes unlocking stupid cosmetics to play Barbie Dressup with their soldiers. It was a case of a major game maker being too arrogant to dare focus test their game and they wrongly assumed that the BF Community thought the series was as frivolous as a dumb gatcha mobile game. They forgot that players still considered Battlefield to be a Premium Product.