battlefield 5 goes full sjw - badass woman with prosthetic hand in ww2, sure...

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
It wasn't, at all. On paper DICE just thought they'd make a modern silly shooter (ala Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019) but with WW2 window dressing because WW2 is the biggest war humanity will hopefully endure and thus it's the most well known war.

It was completely tone deaf and it's even more bizarre when you remember that Battlefield 1 was the previous BF that took its window dressing (WW1 duh) with some semblance of video gamey respect.

Really at the end of the day I don't blame wokeness as much as it was a stupid publisher trying to force a studio to maximize profits. EA wanted a playerbase of dumb whales who'd spend small fortunes unlocking stupid cosmetics to play Barbie Dressup with their soldiers. It was a case of a major game maker being too arrogant to dare focus test their game and they wrongly assumed that the BF Community thought the series was as frivolous as a dumb gatcha mobile game. They forgot that players still considered Battlefield to be a Premium Product.

I don’t blame EA I blame DICE for it flopping.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
What's DICE working on now? Another Battlefield?

It seems like they're awfully quiet now, since their last release was in 2018, and updates for Battlefront & Battlefield V have apparently ended.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
The Soviet Union was actually known for having a surprisingly large number of women in combat roles in WWII

Early 200,000 were decorated and 89 of them eventually received the Soviet Union's highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union, among which some served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.

There were some, who were actually very skilled (e.x. "Lady Death" was credited with over confirmed 309 sniper kills).

As far as this game, and the "prosthetic" arm, I have no clue how historically accurate it's trying to be, but I've seen WWII games like Company of Heroes 2 feature female soldiers (for the Soviet faction in particular) and it isn't entirely historically inaccurate or just a PR move to "please feminists/SJWs/etc".
The Russian women were also largely kept out of front-line infantry roles, relegated to those "support" roles manning crew-served weapons or as pilots or tank crews, or infiltration roles like partisans or snipers, not at all like what BFV tried to present, especially when not even a man would be allowed near the front lines with a claw for a hand. Remember, according to BFV, the Telemark raid was just a pair of women with frostbite.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
The Russian women were also largely kept out of front-line infantry roles, relegated to those "support" roles manning crew-served weapons or as pilots or tank crews, or infiltration roles like partisans or snipers, not at all like what BFV tried to present, especially when not even a man would be allowed near the front lines with a claw for a hand.
Another important thing is that female units were usually segregated from the rest of the army as much as possible. Despite what our political leadership would like us to believe, mixed-gender formations composed mostly of young men in combat conditions tend to get really rapey. Exponentially more so the lower the morale and discipline, to the point even nurses weren't immune from harassment and rape in some situations in WWII.

And even if the inevitable relations are consensual, no army wants to have to deal with pregnant women (who are for all intents and purposes a casualty past a certain point) or with the potential spread of STDs. That's a bigger issue in WWII, but it doesn't completely go away just because you have antibiotics and/or condoms.

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
Another important thing is that female units were usually segregated from the rest of the army as much as possible. Despite what our political leadership would like us to believe, mixed-gender formations composed mostly of young men in combat conditions tend to get really rapey. Exponentially more so the lower the morale and discipline, to the point even nurses weren't immune from harassment and rape in some situations in WWII.
Calling the Red Army rapey is like calling a pedo child-obsessed. Technically correct, but drastically understates the severity of it. Eastern Europe was one giant train, so extreme even the Guardian was forced to acknowledge it.

Earth Worm Jim

kiwifarms.net
I hope battlefield goes back to its roots with large maps and lots of vehicles. In battlefield 2 (if im remembering properly) there was a Commander mode where you would give orders and drop supply's, vehicles and airstrikes while looking down from a satellite. I really liked that feature, dropping a care package on an enemy sniper or dropping a dunebuggy in enemy territory and air striking the area as guys were running to steal it was a lot of fun so I hope that comes back. I doubt it but a guy can dream.

Id be satisfied if they just had big maps and lots of vehicles again. My friend swears up and down that they fixed BFV and that its a good game now but I haven't played it since the novelty of black, jewish, woman nazis ran out, so about a month after it came out.

As bad as BF1 was at least they had lots of stupid shit to keep you interested. Never again will there be anything so glorious as prancing around the field, headshotting assholes with the Kolibri. God damn was that hilarious!

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Calling the Red Army rapey is like calling a pedo child-obsessed. Technically correct, but drastically understates the severity of it. Eastern Europe was one giant train, so extreme even the Guardian was forced to acknowledge it.
I'm honestly flabbergasted that DICE thought World War II of all settings was the right time to introduce female soldiers into the series. Even if they bothered to include the Soviets, women went through such hardship in those times that trying to portray that war as inclusive just downplays their struggles.

I'm sure they didn't put too much thought into it beyond wanting to appear "virtuous", but it comes off as tone deaf.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly flabbergasted that DICE thought World War II of all settings was the right time to introduce female soldiers into the series. Even if they bothered to include the Soviets, women went through such hardship in those times that trying to portray that war as inclusive just downplays their struggles.

I'm sure they didn't put too much thought into it beyond wanting to appear "virtuous", but it comes off as tone deaf.
I believe they wanted to portray the commies as better than the western world by claiming how inclusive and equal in sex manners they were.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
I hope battlefield goes back to its roots with large maps and lots of vehicles. In battlefield 2 (if im remembering properly) there was a Commander mode where you would give orders and drop supply's, vehicles and airstrikes while looking down from a satellite. I really liked that feature, dropping a care package on an enemy sniper or dropping a dunebuggy in enemy territory and air striking the area as guys were running to steal it was a lot of fun so I hope that comes back. I doubt it but a guy can dream.

Id be satisfied if they just had big maps and lots of vehicles again. My friend swears up and down that they fixed BFV and that its a good game now but I haven't played it since the novelty of black, jewish, woman nazis ran out, so about a month after it came out.

As bad as BF1 was at least they had lots of stupid shit to keep you interested. Never again will there be anything so glorious as prancing around the field, headshotting assholes with the Kolibri. God damn was that hilarious!
One thing I hated in BF1 was when the server owners had a full enemy team + 1 of their people play on the other side so they would take the vehicles and put them on the edge of the map so no one could use them.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
One thing I hated in BF1 was when the server owners had a full enemy team + 1 of their people play on the other side so they would take the vehicles and put them on the edge of the map so no one could use them.
dice always sucked major ass to prevent shit like that, not only by design but also basic shit like team balance. it's ok to stack but you better not have an un-even number of players!

fucking counterstrike had more options do deal with that shit 20 years ago.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
BFV and one thing I think BF6 will push even further is the absolute knee capping of user owned servers. BFV gave you no fucking options compared to older titles to the point most of the fanbase preferred match making out of not getting a head ache. On top of the fact, BF6 might be next gen only and a game pass launch showing the desperation EA has right now due to COD seemingly coming back out of its zombified state.

DICE/EA have always had COD live rent free in their heads to the point they feel the need to try copying them for an even larger fanbase. Personally, I like both game franchises and have always considered the ((((((((((WAR))))))))))) between the games some of the dumbest bullshit ever. The problem is Call of Duty has multiple devs they have studios that are purely there to support COD content for crying out loud. sS they can give us both small scale and large scale combat, and a bunch of other side modes BFV showed us DICE if they get split up between different modes the game will suffer Firestorm, and BFVs retard 5v5 mode led to the main game suffering badly. I know BF6 is apparently "THE BIGGEST BF TEAM EVER" but bigger does not always mean better DICE needs a clear vision and the fans will be back.

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
Not exactly a big fan of either franchise, but Battlefield should focus on the battlefield stuff with vehicles and all that. BF2, 2142, Bad Company 2 with the squad banter that threw some shade on CoD... I'll never, ever understand why developers try to copy someone else in the hopes of somehow, magically, stealing their fans. It never works. Its not even anything to do with the corporate office, either, since I've seen it happen with a small indie dev and their failed LoL clone before.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly a big fan of either franchise, but Battlefield should focus on the battlefield stuff with vehicles and all that. BF2, 2142, Bad Company 2 with the squad banter that threw some shade on CoD... I'll never, ever understand why developers try to copy someone else in the hopes of somehow, magically, stealing their fans. It never works. Its not even anything to do with the corporate office, either, since I've seen it happen with a small indie dev and their failed LoL clone before.
the problems isn't copying (and refining) what's popular, heck that was the only thing blizzard was ever good at (and they can't even do that anymore).
the real issue is that companies/devs expect to immediately pull the same numbers as the thing they copy from and shutter everything if that's not happening in the first week. cod didn't become the juggernaut it is over night, same for lol, same for battlefield.

add dice into the mix that wants it cake and it eat it too, while they can't even understand why bad company 2 was as popular as it was. along comes EA that wants a yearly fps release to counter cod, and you get even worse shit than the latest dice iteration of battlefield (while fucking up perfectly fine games like hardline and subsequently shuttering one of their best studios because it cost too much compared to heavily subsidized canadian studios). remember when they tried to make modern medal of honer a thing? twice? then they got the prestigious star wars license, and promptly gave it to those swedish retards to fuck it up twice again.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
the problems isn't copying (and refining) what's popular, heck that was the only thing blizzard was ever good at (and they can't even do that anymore).
the real issue is that companies/devs expect to immediately pull the same numbers as the thing they copy from and shutter everything if that's not happening in the first week. cod didn't become the juggernaut it is over night, same for lol, same for battlefield.

add dice into the mix that wants it cake and it eat it too, while they can't even understand why bad company 2 was as popular as it was. along comes EA that wants a yearly fps release to counter cod, and you get even worse shit than the latest dice iteration of battlefield (while fucking up perfectly fine games like hardline and subsequently shuttering one of their best studios because it cost too much compared to heavily subsidized canadian studios). remember when they tried to make modern medal of honer a thing? twice? then they got the prestigious star wars license, and promptly gave it to those swedish retards to fuck it up twice again.

Warfighter was actually good sad the modern day spam made people hate it. Ironically, people only want modern day experienced now.

Side note respawn killed Medal of Honor for another 10 years.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Warfighter was actually good sad the modern day spam made people hate it. Ironically, people only want modern day experienced now.

remember only playing it once and felt a bit too much like cod/cs, wasn't it 10vs10 in a somewhat small map?

and respawn has been shit for a while, titanfall 2 included (but it was babbies first titanfall, so lot of people have no reference and think it's the best shit ever because as shit as it was it was still a breath of fresh air compared to all the other crap...).
if they want to make a vr shooter, why not clone fucking firewall zero hour but not shit this time?

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net

Man, I loved the original MoH way back when. So delightfully cheesy, like playing through some corny WW2 movie and not this super emotional Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers thing everyone wants to do now. "Its Jimmy Patterson!" cries the Waffen-SS shock trooper in horror right before he dies.