battlefield 5 goes full sjw - badass woman with prosthetic hand in ww2, sure...

Miller

kiwifarms.net
BFV and one thing I think BF6 will push even further is the absolute knee capping of user owned servers. BFV gave you no fucking options compared to older titles to the point most of the fanbase preferred match making out of not getting a head ache. On top of the fact, BF6 might be next gen only and a game pass launch showing the desperation EA has right now due to COD seemingly coming back out of its zombified state.

DICE/EA have always had COD live rent free in their heads to the point they feel the need to try copying them for an even larger fanbase. Personally, I like both game franchises and have always considered the ((((((((((WAR))))))))))) between the games some of the dumbest bullshit ever. The problem is Call of Duty has multiple devs they have studios that are purely there to support COD content for crying out loud. sS they can give us both small scale and large scale combat, and a bunch of other side modes BFV showed us DICE if they get split up between different modes the game will suffer Firestorm, and BFVs retard 5v5 mode led to the main game suffering badly. I know BF6 is apparently "THE BIGGEST BF TEAM EVER" but bigger does not always mean better DICE needs a clear vision and the fans will be back.
I think DICE has never understood Battlefield and why people like that franchise.
These retards still want to make a battle royale mode, even after the poor reception of Firestorm.
If I were EA, I would have given the franchise to the LA division, the one that worked on Hardline and the modern MoH.

Warfighter was actually good
I wanted to play that game but I didn't have a good PC so I guess I missed all the fun.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I think DICE has never understood Battlefield and why people like that franchise.
These retards still want to make a battle royale mode, even after the poor reception of Firestorm.
If I were EA, I would have given the franchise to the LA division, the one that worked on Hardline and the modern MoH.
it's ded jim. visceral was dissolved in 2017. dice LA was fixing sweden's bf4 fuckup in post launch support after naval strike in tandem with visceral doing hardline (which brought improvements like 120hz tickrate, something sweden either was to arrogant or stupid to do). remember CTE? would've never happened under sweden.
https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-ceo-says...ncellation-wasnt-about-single-vs-multiplayer/

the other problem is ea is like a bipolar girlfriend, it seems companies get ghosted and can do whatever they want based on past accolades and when they inevitably shit themselves spectacularly ea execs start to screech and throw their clothes out of the window.
dice sweden not being relegated to frostbite support studio after their massive bf4 launch blunder and their general track record says enough.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-4s-rocky-launch-absolutely-damaged-pla/1100-6422805/

cue battlefront 2's monetization and finally bf5 :story:

there's nothing wrong with liking it, but it's still a worse game than titanfall 1, which looking back was more of a happy accident based on circumstances than actual ability on respawn's part.
apparently a good chunk of them already went back making cod, so I wouldn't expect much from respawn anymore.

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That woman with the bionic arm from the BFV marketing, was she unlockable or was the arm unlockable?

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Do you guys believe Dice LA are the main devs on the next battlefield or is it wishful marketing? Like @ZMOT said EA seem really hands off with DICE even with flop after flop.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
That woman with the bionic arm from the BFV marketing, was she unlockable or was the arm unlockable?
and was she a woman at all?

but seriously I think they dialed the fortnite aspect back after everyone told them how retarded it is, especially with their "super serious untold stories of ww2" spiel. dunno if they put it in later for their failed BR mode.

Do you guys believe Dice LA are the main devs on the next battlefield or is it wishful marketing? Like @ZMOT said EA seem really hands off with DICE even with flop after flop.
I expect EA to double down, let dice sweden fuck up the game again and then hand it off to LA while they fuck with the next battlefront or something. bioware is still doing mass effect and dragon age. why change a winning formula?
(to be fair bf1 was a commercial and critical success, which makes the blunder of bf5 even more hilarious).

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
No, they actually had the sense to quietly shitcan most of the wacky cosmetics before launch.

Of course, they did add Tom Cruise, an anime ninja girl, the Phantom of the Opera, and female Psycho Mantis as "elite characters" right around the time they fucked the game over with Update 5.2 (and didn't bother to restrict them to their respective armies), so the game still wound up as a mockery of the setting.

If you guys think I'm exaggerating, I'll let the game's trailers speak for themselves.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, they actually had the sense to quietly shitcan most of the wacky cosmetics before launch.

Of course, they did add Tom Cruise, an anime ninja girl, the Phantom of the Opera, and female Psycho Mantis as "elite characters" right around the time they fucked the game over with Update 5.2 (and didn't bother to restrict them to their respective armies), so the game still wound up as a mockery of the setting.

If you guys think I'm exaggerating, I'll let the game's trailers speak for themselves.

Steve Fisher? That's even MORE out of place than the cut female bionic arm character.

Oh, and remember Battlefield V's Firestorm mode? The battle royale mode for Battlefield? Good luck finding a full lobby. Average 20-30 for a match. DOA.

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, the German and Japanese female heroes were straight up hilarious. America and Britain allowing women on the front line is one thing, even though it 100% didn't happen, but saying that the Nazis and Imperial Japan were somehow cool enough to allow women to fight in their armies is almost insulting.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the German and Japanese female heroes were straight up hilarious. American and Britain allowing women on the front line is one thing, even though it 100% didn't happen, but saying that the Nazis and Imperial Japan were somehow cool enough to allow women to fight in their armies is almost insulting.
I would've believed it if they were modeled after older Hollywood actresses. Or if the cosmetics were unlockable.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Na, Japan's actually been pretty egalitarian with things like women soldiers, historically speaking. If a samurai was gone and his estate got fucked with it was the job of his wife to grab whatever dudes were around and get up to shit-kicking the invaders out of there. She'd also have a few of her own female not-samurai as bodyguard-slash-retainers to watch her back and help her kill shit. I mean, considering she and a lot of other women would be up for the chop after capture even if they didn't fight, not a lot of disincentive to avoid combat for women.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the German and Japanese female heroes were straight up hilarious. America and Britain allowing women on the front line is one thing, even though it 100% didn't happen, but saying that the Nazis and Imperial Japan were somehow cool enough to allow women to fight in their armies is almost insulting.
well, they both lost and were literally nazis. maybe dice wanted to tell us something...