Battletech - Also known as Trannytech

Snowflake Buster

Bustin' special snowflakes makes me feel good
kiwifarms.net
Battletech comes out in a few days. To sum things up that I gathered:

*The lead designer of Battletech is from a tranny feminist name Kiva from HBS (Harebrained Schemes)1522923656782.png
*Kiva will be injecting political SJW movements in the game such as adding "they" as a gender and not making straight white male characters.1522840523892.png
*The character portraits are butt-ugly!
*Gameplay looks like your common mech games you see in the past.
*The Battletech Steam discussions exploded with butthurt.1522843209778.jpg
*4chan discusses this game on a daily basis.
*Did I mention Kiva is a tranny feminist? 1522923390348.png
*There will be lulz. 1522841233949.jpg

*http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/ - Battletech Steam page
*https://steamcommunity.com/app/637090/discussions/ - Battletech Steam discussion page (Go around page 16 for the locked threads. https://steamcommunity.com/app/637090/discussions/?fp=16)

What is Kiwi Farms' thoughts on Battletech? Will it be praised by SJWs and LGBT+ communities? Will Kiva blame gamers if his game flops? We'll find out in a few days.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the first game I've pre ordered since Final Fantasy 8, so that says something about my luck. That being said we have a BT thread and MW thread.

Points aside, HBS delivers I am not fond of the mixing of things up but things have changed since the 80s, even back in the day. Like all the Black Dracs, because in the 80s black people were all about Samurais and shit. So the game and franchise is trying to jump into current.

It plays like the table top very closely, I have the beta (as do any pre orders) the big changes are easier rolls, for speed and action. Makes risk more rewarding often, that's the biggest change I've seen since the melee is kinda it's own turn with weapon use and simplified. They try to prevent cheesing, because vidya people aren't the same as TT people. Fluff matters a lot more in regards to even play style. In the new vidya you can't spam AC20 shots because people would abuse it, where on TT it's not a factor because more counters (even in grog intro tech when game takes place)

There's a lot of non canon fitting things, and none of the vidya are canon so, I refuse to get too butt hurt about this. I'm really excited and intend to give an honest review, but HBS also has done a great job with other FASA content (Shadow run) and I greatly enjoyed the beta.

HomeAloneTwo

I got to say the nay-no, my brother.
kiwifarms.net
It's an Armored Core/XCOM rip off. Why is there any care or worry about what fucking gender the pilots are? How did a mech game get gender options like this before the Sims did?

They could have saved resources and a lot of time and money by making the mechs be just voices and spend more time on mech customization. If im in a giant mech battle i'm not wondering what gender my attack partner is.

edit- you also don't receive the pre-order wallpaper until the game releases. It's a wallpaper.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's an Armored Core/XCOM rip off. Why is there any care or worry about what fucking gender the pilots are? How did a mech game get gender options like this before the Sims did?

They could have saved resources and a lot of time and money by making the mechs be just voices and spend more time on mech customization. If im in a giant mech battle i'm not wondering what gender my attack partner is.

edit- you also don't receive the pre-order wallpaper until the game releases. It's a wallpaper.
It's older than both of those series.

Also if pre ordered way back you got them.

I have all of them. I kinda wish I ponied up during the KS and got the IRL banners.

Mechs are customizable, and even down to brands making a difference.

• Informative
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Dandelo

Sick Fuck
kiwifarms.net
If you ask for a white male DLC you will get banned

Although theres isnt many whites in the MW universe

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Been a multi-decade fan of BT. I don't like the implications of this tranny-tech, but I don't care otherwise. I play MegaMek and BT in other ways. I'm watching closely on /vg/ in the "giant extreme robot general" /gerg/ and /btg/ threads on what is going to happen.

Be careful discussing this negatively on /tg/ because I guess the moderator there is a nut or something.

Also check on /btg/ on /tg/ because the old grogs / veterans have a lot to say, and are a lot of resources including a mess of books and their own image board.

Past that... no hatchets as far as I can see. Hmm.... Not good.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been a multi-decade fan of BT. I don't like the implications of this tranny-tech, but I don't care otherwise. I play MegaMek and BT in other ways. I'm watching closely on /vg/ in the "giant extreme robot general" /gerg/ and /btg/ threads on what is going to happen.

Be careful discussing this negatively on /tg/ because I guess the moderator there is a nut or something.

Also check on /btg/ on /tg/ because the old grogs / veterans have a lot to say, and are a lot of resources including a mess of books and their own image board.

Past that... no hatchets as far as I can see. Hmm.... Not good.
my /btg/ nigga.

FWIW there's claims it's bots doing the anti spamming so anyone speaking poorly might be auto wiped or reported incorrectly. Then again it's 4chan so take with a grain of salt.

Glad to see another old school BT fan here who's not flipping shit even though not thrilled with the changes.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played old school (pre-Clans) Battletech back in the day and loved it. I'm not sure about this, though. BioWare proved that it only takes one or two vocal SJWs to make a game obnoxious.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
I was interested in the game before this, and the beta got delayed way back in fuck, 2011 or 2012? And whenever it ended up opening to the public, it just flew under my radar and I never even tried. Now seeing this new one, I'm underwhelmed about the lack of press and word-of-mouth both games got/are getting. Might be a dead franchise to me, no disrespect to the fans hanging on. Reminds me of Games Workshop, sitting on a great IP and no idea how to make it pop.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played old school (pre-Clans) Battletech back in the day and loved it. I'm not sure about this, though. BioWare proved that it only takes one or two vocal SJWs to make a game obnoxious.
I'm not too worried as they were on staff during Shadow Run and those were great, spawning DLC high ratings etc.

The game is out today.
I set it to start down loading before I left for work today. GET HYPE GAMERS

I was interested in the game before this, and the beta got delayed way back in fuck, 2011 or 2012? And whenever it ended up opening to the public, it just flew under my radar and I never even tried. Now seeing this new one, I'm underwhelmed about the lack of press and word-of-mouth both games got/are getting. Might be a dead franchise to me, no disrespect to the fans hanging on. Reminds me of Games Workshop, sitting on a great IP and no idea how to make it pop.
Yup, sadly all the TT games/franchises suffer from this, you have only two kinds of people into these things, total nerds who are die hards and people who want to make money with a name and they don't play nice.

So you either have idiots who wring a name out for money (MWO) or die hard nerds who can't make a buck but keep the game alive/true. Right now we are still fucking waiting for IlKahn (promised what 3 years ago) because BT can't do either.

That's why I'm happy to see HBS can hopefully breath some life into it, with MWO out and MW5 soon my fingers are crossed it's a tinder. Either way I much enjoyed the beta even though it was quite limited so I can't wait for the real deal tonight.

• Feels
Reactions: Snowflake Buster

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
Been playing for a few hours, plus beta time. This game is exactly what I hoped for when I backed it on Kickstarter. People who enjoy stompy robots and turn based strategy likely won't be disappointed. And in regards to the pronoun thing, I definitely understand wariness when it comes to social justice bs in your entertainment, and certainly I pass on movies and games that seem like they're going to shove it down your throat. That said, as far as I can tell so far, it's just a box in character select and not something to really care about.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Been playing for a few hours, plus beta time. This game is exactly what I hoped for when I backed it on Kickstarter. People who enjoy stompy robots and turn based strategy likely won't be disappointed. And in regards to the pronoun thing, I definitely understand wariness when it comes to social justice bs in your entertainment, and certainly I pass on movies and games that seem like they're going to shove it down your throat. That said, as far as I can tell so far, it's just a box in character select and not something to really care about.
In actuality, it seems the troon dev is a secret agent of the alt-right, as the "Merchant's Guild" and the "Banks" seem to be the primary antagonists early on

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it’s a fun game, there’s some SJW stuff in there (Brave Muslim looking women fights against evil white man, also your character can have purple or blue hair but not blonde for some reason) but like the Shadowrun games it’s not really an issue since the gameplay seems solid.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything, save for the mechs themselves, looks extraordinarily clean in this take on the Battletech universe. I always thought it'd look grittier.

Tags
None