Battletech - Also known as Trannytech

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
The one thing to be aware of in the campaign it seems is that if you're not good at the game, or you just run into some bad luck, you're going to have to load the save up and try again. The first time I tried the third mission, I lost two mechs, one pilot, and my player character was in the med bay for over 100 ingame days. I tried waiting for repairs on the robots, and you have one "spare" pilot and mech, but it's is a giant money sink and the early mercenary contracts don't give you enough to cover a month of your costs. I ended up reloading the mission a few times to give myself a fighting chance to carry on with the game.

• Agree
Reactions: Bassomatic

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it seems really glitchy right now. It looks fun, but glitchy as fuck because lol paradox. Also people complaining have never played a Paradox game day 1. This is pretty standard for them, so if you are having a lot of trouble, wait for patches because that typically evolves thier games into good. They typically don't randomly abandon support for their games like other companies *cough*EA/Konami*cough*

Also, stop fucking hiring troon developers. Hire actual women developers please, because holy fucking shit troons are obsessed with themselves. I don't really give a shit about the pronoun thing (I find it funny actually and its not like it took more than 5 minutes to put into the game, simply replace the pronoun in the text of the game) but its really eye rolling. Trans people cannot get over their fucking genitals and its tiring. Like holy shit, shut the fuck up about it. I don't care and there are only two fucking genders. Also defining yourself as 'they' or 'them' makes you sound like you're a fucking schizophrenic on bath salts because it means you are hearing voices or some shit. Though it is better than 'zir' or 'zer', I give them credit for that at least.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The one thing to be aware of in the campaign it seems is that if you're not good at the game, or you just run into some bad luck, you're going to have to load the save up and try again. The first time I tried the third mission, I lost two mechs, one pilot, and my player character was in the med bay for over 100 ingame days. I tried waiting for repairs on the robots, and you have one "spare" pilot and mech, but it's is a giant money sink and the early mercenary contracts don't give you enough to cover a month of your costs. I ended up reloading the mission a few times to give myself a fighting chance to carry on with the game.
Welcome to battletech,
people are cheap mechs are not. The start of the game was made to be extra rough to feel the grit, anyone who's played TT knows that's how new merc corps go. It's uphill often, be happy this game lets you start with mechs. Don't feel bashful "abusing" save and loads. This game removes things like edge and special perks so, it's kinda only fair in the real TT you'd be allowed a re roll why not in vidya (also the rolls are easier in vidya)

I played a bit last night, and @Rokko and I are gonna do some this weekend together.

I am holding back my review because A: I really like it so far B: I'm not really a gamer C: I'm a BT geek so i'm bias. I'll give a bit of a cool off before I list my thoughts.

I was half joking about taking today off so I could game all night and play today, but damn me being an adult.

Final note, the game offers a Shad 2d- don't take this, just don't it's made of paper mache for next to no more firepower. Saw a few people on YT or steam complaining about them. This makes me feel that people are new to BT as shads are well overall rubbish (with a niche) so it's good people are getting into it.

Reactions: Rokko

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any idea how to get MC1 to work on win 10?

I'm still having fun and my PC is far from a hot unit : i5-6400T Quad Core 2.2 GHz, 32 GB, 1TB Hard Drive, GeForce GTX 960 3GB it's running fine. I haven't checked at what %s though, I'll be sure to add to my review since it seems to be a common issue to run hard. But the case was cool to touch after 2 hours playing.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any idea how to get MC1 to work on win 10?

I'm still having fun and my PC is far from a hot unit : i5-6400T Quad Core 2.2 GHz, 32 GB, 1TB Hard Drive, GeForce GTX 960 3GB it's running fine. I haven't checked at what %s though, I'll be sure to add to my review since it seems to be a common issue to run hard. But the case was cool to touch after 2 hours playing.
There is a guide on how over here but if that fails just run it in vmware or something.

Adolf Von Merkel

kiwifarms.net
Also people complaining have never played a Paradox game day 1. This is pretty standard for them, so if you are having a lot of trouble, wait for patches because that typically evolves thier games into good. They typically don't randomly abandon support for their games like other companies *cough*EA/Konami*cough*
I agree,I remember skipping EU3 and HoI3 because how bad they were at the release (and I'm not a EU2 fan, I prefer EUIV).

And the only games that they abandon were March of eagles (a game who try to be a HoI and EU mix and flop hard) and sengoku(who was a crusarder kings beta ).

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Looks like one's GPU needs extra heat sinks to run this game. Very Battletechy.
When you hire the most progressive, diverse contractors you can for social justice points, but not actual coders and debuggers so you lose technical benchmark points. :story:

I always chuckle seeing a forum post where the user has a string of badges longer than their actual message

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
I just bought this, it's pretty fun. Didn't even know about the troon developer, don't really care.

I didn't know about the GPU issues, either, and that I can say I do care about. Hope this shit doesn't slag my video card.

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
I hope these idiots don't turn this into Wolfenstein II part 2 and get all hot and bothered over nothing.

But at least this is still a pretty good game, as opposed to Wolf II which was apparently merely "not bad".

Besides, it could always have been worse: After all, the Draconis Combine are precious Pee Oh Sees and Maximillian Liao's derangement could've manifested as headmates. I threw up in my mouth just thinking about it, tbh

• Feels
Reactions: Fagnacious D

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
How badly optimized are we talking here? Troon aside, I liked the Shadowrun games and I’m a sucker for games like this that don’t involve Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

ATM

Here comes the snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm running it ok on an i7-6700k and gtx 980 ti. I have been needing to restart the game every couple of hours or so because the load times seem to get progressively worse. Another thing that fucks with performance is that the saves don't overwrite. It got to a point that if I don't manually delete saves frequently the whole interface gets incredibly sluggish whenever I try to load.

Aside from that the game is pretty fun. Recently got my first heavy in the form of a Jagermech, loadout seems pretty shit but I'm gonna have some fun refitting it.

• Informative

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll stick with xcom 2 + mods thanks.

Come on Jake please tease the TLE content.

You would think troons would be good at programming.
Have you done the WH40k mod, that shit is fun as fuck.

So sadly due to being busy and this amazing weather @Rokko and I got pushed back to this weekend but it's also a big WW2 show here so I am at best having kiwi BT this weekend.

Otherwise, I'm not at all doubting people with the over heating I keep reading it over and over from lots of places. I dunno how or why I'm not seeing it, or maybe I'm not playing long enough for it to happen? I would think with my PC not being anything fancy I'd be suffering the worst.

So, just a few more thoughts, I'm still loving it. Even though I'm trying to adapt to the easier rolls, if you know the TT you'll be fine in the game, thinking out side the box does help, I won't spoil anything though.

@atm Jagers are always fire support mechs, give em some long range stuff plunk em behind cover and point at where you want to send all the dakka. Since it's not really featuring long drawn out things depending you may want to even drop your back up energies.

Reactions: Rokko

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Waiting for a patch before I hit the refund and go try and find my original board game that has to be buried somewhere. Of course then I have to find someone to play.

I'm kinda disappointed by the shitty graphics. I didn't buy a 1080 for its looks.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Waiting for a patch before I hit the refund and go try and find my original board game that has to be buried somewhere. Of course then I have to find someone to play.

I'm kinda disappointed by the shitty graphics. I didn't buy a 1080 for its looks.
If you want to do the TT download megamek, I play with a few people weekly.
Personally compared to a Java app, I think it's great looking also I'm not a gamer so I have a much lower threshold for what's decent now a days.

I've heard rumblings something for the graphics card heat is being rushed out for people and DLC will also be a thing almost 100% due to early sales going so well.

Since this thread kinda covers all BT worlds, MWO is gonna add the Vulcan it'll be interesting as MGs in MWO are a whole different ball game. It's an anti infantry mech but the 5T is a hoot because people ignore it till it comes and slaps your shit.

Tags
None