Battletech - Also known as Trannytech

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
If you want to do the TT download megamek, I play with a few people weekly.
Personally compared to a Java app, I think it's great looking also I'm not a gamer so I have a much lower threshold for what's decent now a days.

I've heard rumblings something for the graphics card heat is being rushed out for people and DLC will also be a thing almost 100% due to early sales going so well.

Since this thread kinda covers all BT worlds, MWO is gonna add the Vulcan it'll be interesting as MGs in MWO are a whole different ball game. It's an anti infantry mech but the 5T is a hoot because people ignore it till it comes and slaps your shit.
I know people are going to hate me for this, but i'm a c/c++ programmer and java is a bug ridden piece of shit. So I won't be downloading megamek...even though I looked at it years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Bassomatic
R

RP 520

kiwifarms.net
Honestly despite the lead dev being a troon and inserting subtle sjw shit in the game. The game didn't market itself on any of this and it's not some heavy handed preachy thing. For that I'd be willing to give the game a try, after the bugs are fixed because lol Paradox.

Also the "no white characters" has actually been something of established lore in the universe. There's been a few instances in source books where it's been pointed out that due to this being 1000+ years into the future and there being so much inter-racial breeding that you have things like dark skinned Mexican looking people with Scottish names and Asians with Russian names and Slavic accents being common.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I just finished tonight.

Nice.

I am really really happy with the game, I will type up a longer review soon, and I will do a co-op work with @Rokko soon. I want to do both PVE and PVP before I send the whole shebang of review.

This game was worth every penny and HBS killed it, I'm really happy as a 25+ year fan of the franchise. I will say one thing I hope since DLC is confirmed, I want a Dervish ASAP I played my TT irl night tonight and normally a lackluster mech it was just perfect on rolls and use how BT is laid out I think it would be a great addition and not as rubbish on normal.

Rokko

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I just finished tonight.

Nice.

I am really really happy with the game, I will type up a longer review soon, and I will do a co-op work with @Rokko soon. I want to do both PVE and PVP before I send the whole shebang of review.

This game was worth every penny and HBS killed it, I'm really happy as a 25+ year fan of the franchise. I will say one thing I hope since DLC is confirmed, I want a Dervish ASAP I played my TT irl night tonight and normally a lackluster mech it was just perfect on rolls and use how BT is laid out I think it would be a great addition and not as rubbish on normal.
I´ll text you later as I am off to work. I really need a sparring partner and someone who can show me some tactics, as I played it only for a little over an hour. And also only against weak AI. But I seriously love it so far!!

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The changes aren't huge but anyone who wants a good new turn game can jump in, I'd ever argue maybe better than base intro tech. Because the AC5 and 2 are no debate the worst weapons in the game. The 5 becomes decent and the 10 is so OP.

That shake from the 20 is bull and makes running hunchbacks in it's prime worthless, swaybacks got OP. The scariest AC20 carrier is no doubt Victors. They pop up and drop a 100 hit to you. Hunchies just strum along and can't fire the big gun while being a tank. So I boat 4Ps and don't mind cooking off, but MLs can eat assaults on an alpha.

I understand why changes took place but you don't have to know BT to know how to juke around a slow big shooter.

This game doesn't stress long term and ammo as much as I'd like so for example even the AC5 still yank it put a PPC and HS in.

I'm sorry to only gripe it's a great game and they tried to fix problems that are 30 years old and my hat is off they did but well most of us old farts work around.

I still want to set FRAPS up and do a comparo or what not.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The changes aren't huge but anyone who wants a good new turn game can jump in, I'd ever argue maybe better than base intro tech. Because the AC5 and 2 are no debate the worst weapons in the game. The 5 becomes decent and the 10 is so OP.

That shake from the 20 is bull and makes running hunchbacks in it's prime worthless, swaybacks got OP. The scariest AC20 carrier is no doubt Victors. They pop up and drop a 100 hit to you. Hunchies just strum along and can't fire the big gun while being a tank. So I boat 4Ps and don't mind cooking off, but MLs can eat assaults on an alpha.

I understand why changes took place but you don't have to know BT to know how to juke around a slow big shooter.

This game doesn't stress long term and ammo as much as I'd like so for example even the AC5 still yank it put a PPC and HS in.

I'm sorry to only gripe it's a great game and they tried to fix problems that are 30 years old and my hat is off they did but well most of us old farts work around.

I still want to set FRAPS up and do a comparo or what not.
When I was a kid, I'd take a Hunchback and a Marauder against an Awesome and a Stinger. Math ruins everything.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok so I am re rolling for a second play through and added mods : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSBQJ7tKtd8

what they are and what they do. If my dumbass can install them, anyone can.

I regret to inform for the review and my video there will be a delay, I have some footage and all, but uhh, so my PC I started before I ever thought about showing it ... and kinda has my power word on it lol. opps.

To make up for this, I will let any kiwis vote on how to roll my new PC's backround. And fuck it, pick the name (and no you can't choose bassomatic's real name lol)

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
Just started the game up and I'm loving so far, does seem to have some rng bullshit but not enough to ruin the game.

Its got the same effect the ShadowRun games had where it's getting me interested in the tabletop game it's based off.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just started the game up and I'm loving so far, does seem to have some rng bullshit but not enough to ruin the game.

Its got the same effect the ShadowRun games had where it's getting me interested in the tabletop game it's based off.
BT is enormously fun if you're of a certain mindset. The way damage and heat are allocated makes it really feel like you're piloting a humanoid vehicle and not just a pile of hit points.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've played thru twice on vanilla and just modded it a bunch.

Are you pre or post patch? Any questions on lore or how to? It's easy to break the game if you desire. I'm scared but I want to try Rougetech too <_<

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
I'm post patch. Only thing I'm really working on is getting a good balance between money/scrap/reputation, which I get the feeling is a matter of experience.

Are there any mods you would recommend?

Chuggernaut

Eye of the Shiticane
kiwifarms.net
I'm one of those weirdos who paints his units in a regiment's canon paint scheme (2nd Donegal Guards represent) but I think most of their changes are quite good, and I wish the people running the tabletop line were actually willing to make major changes to the TT game. Needing two crits to take out a big weapon really helps iron out the random RNG of "oh you got a lucky plinking shot on my Hunchback in turn 1, guess I'll just have him kill himself" that can take a lot of fun out of one-gun machines, and I like that an ammo explosion anywhere in your mech is no longer an insta-kill, so you no longer have to feel like a goddamn idiot for using things besides laser boats.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm post patch. Only thing I'm really working on is getting a good balance between money/scrap/reputation, which I get the feeling is a matter of experience.

Are there any mods you would recommend?
Depends on your area and your rep.
Unless you are tight on cash and about to hit a monthly report salvage always is better deal. Rep = more money/salvage. So grind rep then salvage cash when you are tight.

Get mechs and sell, don't scrap use the market and sell you get a lot more c-bills.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech dig and find what you want, they have mods to make it easier harder, adapt ammos evasion, you name it. I personally would say first and foremost to reduce mundane use get the Vee package, so so many vees added in. Then turbine it does help speed up load times. Rougetech is a whole change over, and there is a mod that makes it follow the table top to a T, if that's your flavor.

You can add in lost tec, missed variants again it's up to what you want but nexus is almost and almost all the mods are "injected" meaning even an idiot like me can use it.

There is a mod that adds the crab, war hammer, and marauder, even BIG MAC herself the Mackie, but since the HG lawsuit over and DLC is a when not an if they probably will be added soon.

I'm one of those weirdos who paints his units in a regiment's canon paint scheme (2nd Donegal Guards represent) but I think most of their changes are quite good, and I wish the people running the tabletop line were actually willing to make major changes to the TT game. Needing two crits to take out a big weapon really helps iron out the random RNG of "oh you got a lucky plinking shot on my Hunchback in turn 1, guess I'll just have him kill himself" that can take a lot of fun out of one-gun machines, and I like that an ammo explosion anywhere in your mech is no longer an insta-kill, so you no longer have to feel like a goddamn idiot for using things besides laser boats.
Unless you are playing competitively most people house rule CASE in honestly. Losing a big gun early is annoying as heck and the multi crit on an item I do agree should be rehauled.

I think anything non primitive should case, i mean all clanners get it free even the non omnis and that's absurd. I mean it's a riot to blow things up easy and a great tactic to focus fire and pop a bin of MG ammo. I'd say everything non primitive, Vees protos don't get case and anything areo don't, but leave rules for CASE in so it's a gamble option.

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
kiwifarms.net
Game's on discount on GOG, I'm a sucker for TBS games, but i don't want any subliminal tranny propaganda eating at my brain. I'd hate to watch the ending and notice my mail showing an order confirmation for Soylent & silkroad Progestrol before falling out of my chair and notice i gelded myself with a rusty leatherman wave.

Should i get it?

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Game's on discount on GOG, I'm a sucker for TBS games, but i don't want any subliminal tranny propaganda eating at my brain. I'd hate to watch the ending and notice my mail showing an order confirmation for Soylent & silkroad Progestrol before falling out of my chair and notice i gelded myself with a rusty leatherman wave.

Should i get it?
Aside the "they" pronoun (and you can mod or edit out literally in notepad) that's it.
Story is the weakest part but worth one play through.

Also logged in on a very busy night just to say OMG OMG OMG OMG

Hatchetman so I assume a revamp of melee, crab and cyclops.. why u no unseen?
extended missions back to back, awww jus! I am wondering how things like repair and ammo will be dealt with.
New beach areas
Encounter mission type. No real area.

This is just DLC one so a lot of the things I want will come later on.

Chuggernaut

Eye of the Shiticane
kiwifarms.net
The addition of the Hatchetman implies we're going to see the other new machines that the Houses were inventing in 3025, so I would guess we'll also get the Raven, Grand Dragon and (most importantly) the Banshee-S.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
The addition of the Hatchetman implies we're going to see the other new machines that the Houses were inventing in 3025, so I would guess we'll also get the Raven, Grand Dragon and (most importantly) the Banshee-S.
Possibly the Wolfhound as well, since it rolled out around the same time as the Hatchetman.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Raven started in 3048, and was bloated with EW gear. That will need a lot added to make work, or they can drop in the even dumpier, 2x. The prototypes that would be SUPER rare and only in cappie elite hands (like death guards) came out in 3024 and as i said the EW gear would need a lot it was also 7.5 tons on a 35 tonner. NOPE.

I would love to see the wolfhound for three reasons, it's great second it'll have use with the new mission type and oh yea it'll fit with era. (Plus Grinner is fucking amaziballs on the table)

Grand Dragon came in 3040 and god knows why it took so long, it also was darn near impossible to make a copy of due to hard points in stock. I love this mech and it better show up.

The Banshee S NEEDED to be in the game it's one of my favorite intro tech mechs and you have the E and M so you get the lol 4/6 mech and a traditionally laid out assault. But the S is absurdly hot and radical. It better be added. I can't wait to get a 3E and put a hatchet in its hand and LOL melee even better. Esp with the right driver, pushing to phase 2.

Hatchetman is a less awful urbie on the table, and in reality. It's pretty thin armor but a great city fighter. Built around an AC10 and a little zap in the back up.

The cyclops is pretty awful bad, imho it's a commanders ride and in just a lance.. command mechs are not needed aside scouts imho. Being we are limited to 4 mechs, I just don't see much good out of it. It's great as a commanders ride if you know how to run a company or larger.

Crab aawwww fuck yes. Nuff said. I am partial to laser boats the crab is quick and tanky. It's a crab very cool.

Chuggernaut

Eye of the Shiticane
kiwifarms.net
Possibly the Wolfhound as well, since it rolled out around the same time as the Hatchetman.
Totally. I don't know how I forgot that one. It was shameful.

The Raven started in 3048, and was bloated with EW gear. That will need a lot added to make work, or they can drop in the even dumpier, 2x. The prototypes that would be SUPER rare and only in cappie elite hands (like death guards) came out in 3024 and as i said the EW gear would need a lot it was also 7.5 tons on a 35 tonner. NOPE.
There's one level 1 variant, the 2x, that uses a LL instead of the EW gear. They could use that, assuming the game moves forward a couple years. I think it's just too iconic a Capellan unit to leave out.

Grand Dragon came in 3040
Well, yes and no. In 3024 it was just the Dragon-1G, which replaced the AC/5 with a PPC (like the Zeus-6T). In 3040 they said "Guess what boners? This is a new mech now, it's the Grand Dragon because American history doesn't really mean shit to House Kurita or the people we force at gunpoint to participate in our Japan LARP so we don't understand the additional meaning." So we are totally down with getting a Dragon with a PPC, even if it's not OFFICIALLY a Grand Dragon.

The Banshee S NEEDED to be in the game it's one of my favorite intro tech mechs and you have the E and M so you get the lol 4/6 mech and a traditionally laid out assault. But the S is absurdly hot and radical. It better be added. I can't wait to get a 3E and put a hatchet in its hand and LOL melee even better. Esp with the right driver, pushing to phase 2..
Absolutely, it's the best 3025 Assault except maybe the Imp (and the goons are fucking cheaters so of course they have it). But it showing up in the Periphery as the very first ones are coming out of Defiance Industries would throw me into a sperg fit from which there would be no escape.

Curious to see how the Hatchetman and Crab work out, since the HCT is mostly shit on TT and the Crab is generally really good, but HBS has tinkered around with enough things that a Hatchetman might be nothin to fuck with and a Crab might be kinda weak.

• Informative
Tags
None