Batwoman on The CW -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Legends being legit good carries the rest of the shows because people watch it to be in the know for cross overs.

I will say the last episode wasn't the absolute worst thing to ever exist.

Alice finding her Mother's severed head in the freezer and snapping was cool.
Does it improve after the second season?

I thought the first season was alright, I like Flash and Arrow well enough, and I've tried multiple times to power through season 2 and it's so fucking awful, worse than Supergirl IMHO.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
So I watched the MauLer stream of the twelve episodes and it's simply retarded.
It's about how because of the Crisis crossover Batwoman's sister has a clone from another universe that didn't become evil (which didn't happen to anyone else). And because plot both the clone and the sister die from plot poisoning until the other dies.

Besides the contrived mechanics that only exist for drama, the show tries to have a conflict of who should live or die, despite psycho sister doing unforgivable shit so she's obviously the worse choice.

Now it might have been decent if there was something to make the choice harder for Batwoman, but there simply isn't. Both the sister and the clone might have well been strangers by the time Batwoman meets them, considering the amount of time that passed. It's like the writers don't understand the mechanics of the "choose one person to live" trope.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
So I watched the MauLer stream of the twelve episodes and it's simply exceptional.
It's about how because of the Crisis crossover Batwoman's sister has a clone from another universe that didn't become evil (which didn't happen to anyone else). And because plot both the clone and the sister die from plot poisoning until the other dies.

Besides the contrived mechanics that only exist for drama, the show tries to have a conflict of who should live or die, despite psycho sister doing unforgivable shit so she's obviously the worse choice.

Now it might have been decent if there was something to make the choice harder for Batwoman, but there simply isn't. Both the sister and the clone might have well been strangers by the time Batwoman meets them, considering the amount of time that passed. It's like the writers don't understand the mechanics of the "choose one person to live" trope.
You should watch Jlongbone's Batwomans reactions, she may not go into as much as MauLer does but they're much shorter and she does establish any sort of problems the show has. She's up to Episode 16 now.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
You should watch Jlongbone's Batwomans reactions, she may not go into as much as MauLer does but they're much shorter and she does establish any sort of problems the show has. She's up to Episode 16 now.
Does she notice the small ridiculous shit like the cop running into a room with a ram (after breaking in the door) in episode 12?

Reactions: Draza

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Does she notice the small ridiculous shit like the cop running into a room with a ram (after breaking in the door) in episode 12?
No she did not. Because interestingly enough, in the beginning of the episode 16 video, she talked to a boomerang expert about the batarang debacle in episode 4. Basically it's bullshit and Kate/Ruby Rose is as weak as literal young boys.

So I watched the MauLer stream of the twelve episodes and it's simply exceptional.

You do have to give them points for Kate being legit "Fuck you evil sister" at the end of it though.

There are shows that would have legit let the Good Sister die because "Muh Natural order" or some shit.

WELLL the latest episode managed to completely drop a giant turd and double down by NOT AT ALL EXPLAINING IT.

Batman apparently killed Joker 5 years before the series began, we are given no information about how or why or what pushed Bats over the edge, just that the Joker is RIP.

Last edited:

jellycar

Bonjour, je suis Jelly Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Annnnnnd the carpet muncher bows out gracefully (?)

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” Rose said in a statement “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles.”
Good, she was the worst part of the series by far.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
Annnnnnd the carpet muncher bows out gracefully (?)

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” Rose said in a statement “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles.”
I bet that she #MeToo'd another girl (cast member or someone behind the scenes).

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
So will they find someone who vaguely looks like Ruby Rose for the title role, like Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes, or someone completely different in appearance, like Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard?
I remember several years ago when I was watching commercials for Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and thought it was interesting that Michelle Monaghan was returning.

It wasn't until literally 20 minutes into the movie that I realized Michelle Monaghan and Rebecca Ferguson were actually two different people. It didn't help that I had never heard of Rebecca Ferguson before.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
They're recasting the role and talent pooling the alphabet people because of course they are. Anything LGBT pandering refuses to die. They try to use whatever they can keep something going even if it was dead on arrival.

This shows track run since day one has been the TV equivalent of the tard baby thread. Something that was born dead or about to die shortly but rather than let it die it's kept it alive in misery until it's of no use to the "parents " anymore.

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
I have never watched the show and I am just here because I heard the news. I remember thinking it was a terrible casting choice from the start when I heard it announced. Everything I've seen her in she's shown zero charisma. She should not be the leading actress in anything, she's barely qualified to play a small role.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Batwoman the show where they killed a stuntwoman because they hired an inexperienced woman over an experienced man?
Looked this up as i only remember Ruby Rose being almost paralyzed while doing action scenes for this show and it turns out that the show did end up paralyzing someone. I think the dead stuntwoman you're thinking of was from Deadpool 2.

Batwoman TV Show Crew Member Paralyzed Following On Set Accident

Per Vancouver Sun, the Batwoman set accident happened on March 11, shortly before the show stopped production due to the coronavirus. The incident involved a production assistant, Amanda Smith, who was injured when a telehandler bucket was lowered onto her. At the time, the PA was sitting underneath the Georgia Viaduct, with the sound of traffic drowning out the sound of the machine. As a result, Smith suffered spinal injuries requiring surgery.

Tags
None