Batwoman on The CW -

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Staffers are coming out of the woodwork.

"The entire team hated her and she was an absolute unprofessional diva and lied constantly in the media about the severity of her injury and her participation in stunts."

Also she's a terrible actress. By CW standards that's pretty damn bad.

Festivus

kiwifarms.net

"The entire team hated her and she was an absolute unprofessional diva and lied constantly in the media about the severity of her injury and her participation in stunts."

Woahhh that's pretty awful. You know she had to be REALLY shitty to people for any of this to come out because gay people in Hollywood get away with murder. It's going to be very interesting to see what they do in terms of casting after making so much of this show's identity about identity politics. One of the top comments on the announcement thread was demanding Batwoman be played by a Black MtF transgender and it gave me a genuine chuckle.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Woahhh that's pretty awful. You know she had to be REALLY shitty to people for any of this to come out because gay people in Hollywood get away with murder. It's going to be very interesting to see what they do in terms of casting after making so much of this show's identity about identity politics. One of the top comments on the announcement thread was demanding Batwoman be played by a Black MtF transgender and it gave me a genuine chuckle.
What is Luke going to be Batwoman?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Was that from tweets or news reports or what?

Cyril Sneer

The Emperor's New Swood
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Batwoman the show where they killed a stuntwoman because they hired an inexperienced woman over an experienced man?
As @Jub-Jub and @Miller noted, that was in Deadpool 2, but there's an additional layer of IdPol lunacy to that incident that's worth noting: Specifically, the choice of an inexperienced (black) stuntwoman over a more experienced stuntman was a direct consequence of the role of Domino (literally the whitest woman in the Marvel universe) being given to half-German, half-African-American Zazie Beetz as some sort of favor to Donald Glover.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
God Deadpool 2 was bad in idpol. Literally "oh look old white men who added to humanity (unlike us), let's call the rapists because they are white, old and succesful". Anyways I wonder if they'll try to replace the Batwoman actress with an actual red head that looks mildly bangable, but that's insanely unlikely.

SmugAutist

kiwifarms.net
They're recasting the role and talent pooling the alphabet people because of course they are. Anything LGBT pandering refuses to die. They try to use whatever they can keep something going even if it was dead on arrival.

This shows track run since day one has been the TV equivalent of the tard baby thread. Something that was born dead or about to die shortly but rather than let it die it's kept it alive in misery until it's of no use to the "parents " anymore.
Eh... I mean, that's what they'll say, but quite honestly (and be free to respond with as many rainbows as you want), the show's done. Hollywood almost never says when something is cancelled, especially when it's an SJW pandering product like this one, they say that they're "recasting" or "looking for more possibilities" or "really excited about the future".... and then never talk about it again.

See also, Ghostbusters when Sony said it would totally be getting a sequel and they were very happy with the result and the box office.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Eh... I mean, that's what they'll say, but quite honestly (and be free to respond with as many rainbows as you want), the show's done. Hollywood almost never says when something is cancelled, especially when it's an SJW pandering product like this one, they say that they're "recasting" or "looking for more possibilities" or "really excited about the future".... and then never talk about it again.

See also, Ghostbusters when Sony said it would totally be getting a sequel and they were very happy with the result and the box office.
Don’t forget Rian Johnson’s totally-still-happening Star Wars trilogy!

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
As @Jub-Jub and @Miller noted, that was in Deadpool 2, but there's an additional layer of IdPol lunacy to that incident that's worth noting: Specifically, the choice of an inexperienced (black) stuntwoman over a more experienced stuntman was a direct consequence of the role of Domino (literally the whitest woman in the Marvel universe) being given to half-German, half-African-American Zazie Beetz as some sort of favor to Donald Glover.
So what you're saying is... If they hadn't retconned an established white character a person would still be alive..? I think this one can officially be chalked up to "Identity politics killed a female PoC".

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
The sad thing is that the arrowverse is Warner Bros most succesful attempt at a cinematic universe
I stopped watching after they kept doing stupid team-ups. Like it's great for a novelty episode but the power levels of the characters vary so greatly that I just can't take it seriously. I wasn't about to watch 4 different shows just to be able to keep up with the plot either.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Role is going to be recast with a member of the LGBTQ community

So they not looking for anyone that can act, but someone with a specific sexual orientation. Isn't that discrimination?

I never watched the show. Heard it was a dumpster fire.
Are they going to do what they "fucked up" on and recast a Trump's Chosen LGBT person? It was pretty ironic with how much pandering people in this production were doing the first thing I heard about the Batwoman show was outrage because Ruby Rose isn't Trump's Chosen.

Cyril Sneer

The Emperor's New Swood
kiwifarms.net
So what you're saying is... If they hadn't retconned an established white character a person would still be alive..? I think this one can officially be chalked up to "Identity politics killed a female PoC".
Basically. It's also an example of the fundamentally hypocritical/schizo nature of Current Year Identity Politics, which will imperiously tell you that a white character can be played by a performer of any race, and then turn around and pitch a shit-fit if a black/disabled/muslim/bbq character isn't portrayed by someone who checks each and every one of those boxes on the census form (and as we can see with the DP2 example, this is starting to extend to stunt performers as well). Former Deadpool writer Christopher Priest has complained about the same thing in comic books, where Marvel's editors have apparently tried to corral him into only working on titles featuring black characters.

Tags
None