Batwoman on The CW -

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
tell you that a white character can be played by a performer of any race, and then turn around and pitch a shit-fit if a black/disabled/muslim/bbq character isn't portrayed by someone who checks each and every one of those boxes on the census form (and as we can see with the DP2 example
I've always wanted to see how much of a shit fit SJW's would throw if they made Storm into a Boer. We've had a black Captain America so it's only fair we get White African characters 🤷‍♂️

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Please make Batwoman an overweight butch black woman. Hell grab that redheaded black chick from the DC show about the teen avengers that got older or whatever, firehawk or something. Make her batwoman, give her a job in some tech company that she's FUCKING AMAZING AT (riri williams), and that all white men worship her as the next coming of Chocolate Jesus.

God the show would burn down in flames but the creators are not that Courageous and Brave to do that. Fucking Nazi's.

Dang Woodchucks!

Whatamark@noneyabusiness.org
kiwifarms.net
The painstaking effort they took to prop Bahtwahmyn, killing off the Arrow show (admittedly long past the time it was a mangled corpse, but good writing could have saved it if it ever became consistent), making her instant bffs with Kara, making Barry and Olliver look like jackasses in her intro-crossover (also the worst one, essentially a 4 part intro to next year's crossover), plus non-stop shilling both in-and-out-of universe. All of it. Down the drain.

And instead of taking the L, maybe throw the Batwahmen into LoT to cut losses, they want to recast the wooden block and pretend all's cool. They want to keep the cart rolling missing a wheel. :story:

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
The painstaking effort they took to prop Bahtwahmyn, killing off the Arrow show (admittedly long past the time it was a mangled corpse, but good writing could have saved it if it ever became consistent), making her instant bffs with Kara, making Barry and Olliver look like jackasses in her intro-crossover (also the worst one, essentially a 4 part intro to next year's crossover), plus non-stop shilling both in-and-out-of universe. All of it. Down the drain.

And instead of taking the L, maybe throw the Batwahmen into LoT to cut losses, they want to recast the wooden block and pretend all's cool. They want to keep the cart rolling missing a wheel. :story:
How did you forget to mention “Hiring Kevin Conroy, the most iconic Batman voice actor, to play a villain Batman and get electrocuted to death from a dumb kick from the PARAGON OF COURAGE”?

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
A livestream on my feed is speculating she was fired - I can't stand the autism of channels like that, can anyone summarize?

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
You know she had to be REALLY shitty to people for any of this to come out because gay people in Hollywood get away with murder.
Clearly she's not gay enough.

I stopped watching after they kept doing stupid team-ups. Like it's great for a novelty episode but the power levels of the characters vary so greatly that I just can't take it seriously. I wasn't about to watch 4 different shows just to be able to keep up with the plot either.
For what it's worth, Flash has become pretty good again this season (or is it a half-season, I can't work out how they define things any more) with the whole Mirror Master plot. YMMV.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
Please make Batwoman an overweight butch black woman. Hell grab that redheaded black chick from the DC show about the teen avengers that got older or whatever, firehawk or something. Make her batwoman, give her a job in some tech company that she's FUCKING AMAZING AT (riri williams), and that all white men worship her as the next coming of Chocolate Jesus.

God the show would burn down in flames but the creators are not that Courageous and Brave to do that. Fucking Nazi's.
I hate everything about that premise, yet were it to happen, I'd be more hype for it than any of these other CW shows. If they really let the showrunners go as full retard as they are itching to, said retards might make something more interesting than the "teen drama with successive layers of capeshit and woke-colored paint" that is the rest of the DC tv verse.
Note that I didn't say good, but interesting

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
I hate everything about that premise, yet were it to happen, I'd be more hype for it than any of these other CW shows. If they really let the showrunners go as full exceptional individual as they are itching to, said exceptional individuals might make something more interesting than the "teen drama with successive layers of capeshit and woke-colored paint" that is the rest of the DC tv verse.
Note that I didn't say good, but interesting
Going full woke would be the highlight of this show follow it up with a new villain called Oranjello who is a large man with reverse vitaligo who deflects projectiles at him as if his skin was made of rubber run an Military Industrial Complex that Batwahmens has to defeat while he runs for the Mayor of Gotham.

I would turn in just to laugh in the same vein that I watched Shanarra Chronicles which was god fucking awful.

Cyril Sneer

The Emperor's New Swood
kiwifarms.net
I've always wanted to see how much of a shit fit SJW's would throw if they made Storm into a Boer.
LOL

Interestingly, Storm was partially developed from a discarded Dave Cockrum concept for a shapeshifting catgirl:

Cockrum_blackcat.jpg

I have to wonder if John Byrne was aware of this, because his renderings of the character tended to look far more like an feline humanoid alien than an African woman. 🤔

4uvsl1.jpg

We've had a black Captain America so it's only fair we get White African characters 🤷‍♂️
If they're gonna race-swap characters, they should just go all-out and race-swap everyone.

whitepanther.png

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Clearly she's not gay enough.
I bet you thought you were joking.

SOME CORNERS of Twitter and Instagram are criticizing actors who have been cast to play gay characters on screen — leading one of them to abandon a platform.

Over the weekend, Australian actress Ruby Rose quit Twitter and shut down public commenting on her Instagram account after receiving backlash over her being cast as Batwoman for Greg Berlanti’s series of Arrowverse shows on the CW. Part of the furor centered on representation of the DC Comics superhero, who is a lesbian.

Before abandoning Twitter, Rose got in a few final tweets about the negative reaction to her casting.

“Where on Earth did ‘Ruby is not a lesbian therefore she can’t be Batwoman’ come from — has to be the funniest most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read,” tweeted the actress, whose casting was announced last week. “I came out at 12? And have for the past 5 years had to deal with ‘she’s too gay’ how do y’all flip it like that?

“I didn’t change. I wish we would all support each other and our journeys,” added Rose, who recounted last year to NBC’s “Today” her experience of coming out as gay at 12 and having identified as gender-fluid.

Dang Woodchucks!

Whatamark@noneyabusiness.org
kiwifarms.net
For what it's worth, Flash has become pretty good again this season (or is it a half-season, I can't work out how they define things any more) with the whole Mirror Master plot. YMMV.
Flash is consistently the best of the CW shows, and it fucking kills me that it took three seasons for it to get back into "good" only for it to get buttfucked by the Chink Plague.
NO you keep FatWahmen out of LoT, we don't need fake ass Dykes coming in and screwing up the good they have done with Sara/Ava
The fact the lesbian romance is the best thing that show has (besides Mick Rory)... says a lot.

Shoehorning Constantine is currently giving it life, but all the dead weight (Larry and Not-Rose Tico the Lycanthrope) just makes it unwatchable.

I want LoT to be good again... (:_(

Not-Rose hasn't been on the show consistently in a while.

But they killed Chill Muslim stoner bro..that made me sad, also Mick as a dad trying to not be the fuck up of a dad his father was is amazing.

And the Lesbian Romance..is good because them being Lesbians isn't a big deal in the romance, instead they have them act like real people. Them having to build Ikea furniture as a test of their relationship was hilarious.

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
That legendary gay Kevin Conroy....they did him dirty.

CW (and by extension WB) contracts are notoriously difficult to get out of.

I don't buy the injury thing for one bit because I remember during one season of Everwood, Chris Pratt sliced his hand cutting deer steaks so they actually wrote a plot into the show where he drunkenly falls through a window and has to get a cast, to cover up the injury without having to shut down production.

They could have easily done something about her thing to fit into the show. But I honestly think she was a fucking bitch so they showed her the door. She's the Faye Dunaway of the CW but with shitty acting skills.

• Feels
Reactions: Vault Boy
Tags
None