Batwoman on The CW -

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I know that Batwoman has been called a SJW before, but Jesus Christ, did it hit full woke with the latest episode. So criminal hacked a subway car and almost made it crash, then puts out a message to “crowdfund her escape from Gothem” or she’ll hack and dox everyone. Meanwhile, Batwoman gets mad about a rumor that’s she’s dating Captain America and says “the Batwoman people see isn’t the real me” and is super offended about being perceived as “straight”.

That is typically how secrets identities work.

Anyway, the criminal turns out to be some teen who wants to run away from home because she came out as gay to her family and her parents are “scared for her soul” and she tried to kill people because she doesn’t want to be “forced to be some cis heteronormative” and how it’s so hard for her because “there’s no good representation in media” for people like her, and how Batwoman can’t understand her problems because she’s “being shipped with the hottest guy in Gothem”

Yes, this is all true.

AND BATWOMAN LETS HER GO.

Also reveals her secret identity to Alice(who dear GOD is trying way to act“crazy”and “insane”) and the teen criminal.

Then she gets the teen criminal who tries to kill a train full of people off with “community service and then announces she’s a lesbian to the word because REPRESENTATION! And a news announcer literally says “whatever happened to politics staying out of our superheroes?” as a response.

Holy hell.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought Captain America was in Marvel?
Apparently it’s the nickname of this guy that saved Batwoman’s life when the hook shot she used to keep the subway car from crashing popped free and almost skewered her in the back of her head. He tackled her out of the way and then she’s all pissy because people are “shipping” them together.

Instead of, you know, thanking the guy for saving her.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
Apparently it’s the nickname of this guy that saved Batwoman’s life when the hook shot she used to keep the subway car from crashing popped free and almost skewered her in the back of her head. He tackled her out of the way and then she’s all pissy because people are “shipping” them together.

Instead of, you know, thanking the guy for saving her.
How are they not going to get sued by the Mouse for this?

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there also already a gay themed episode? I recall the whole episode talking about her getting expelled from the army because gay already touched on these "issues", which btw look incredibly outdated in this day and age given society's overall acceptance of the LGBT community.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there also already a gay themed episode? I recall the whole episode talking about her getting expelled from the army because gay already touched on these "issues", which btw look incredibly outdated in this day and age given society's overall acceptance of the LGBT community.
The entire show is just “LOOK AT HIW GAY I AM AND ALSO BETTER THAN BATMAN!”

And the girl who is suppose to be the Joker proxy plays “insane” like “badly acted drunk.”

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
I recall the whole episode talking about her getting expelled from the army because gay already touched on these "issues", which btw look incredibly outdated in this day and age given society's overall acceptance of the LGBT community.
If by "acceptance" you mean "not openly expressing disapproval for fear of unpersoning."

• Feels
Reactions: Agent Wet

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
So I know that Batwoman has been called a SJW before, but Jesus Christ, did it hit full woke with the latest episode. So criminal hacked a subway car and almost made it crash, then puts out a message to “crowdfund her escape from Gothem” or she’ll hack and dox everyone. Meanwhile, Batwoman gets mad about a rumor that’s she’s dating Captain America and says “the Batwoman people see isn’t the real me” and is super offended about being perceived as “straight”.

That is typically how secrets identities work.

Anyway, the criminal turns out to be some teen who wants to run away from home because she came out as gay to her family and her parents are “scared for her soul” and she tried to kill people because she doesn’t want to be “forced to be some cis heteronormative” and how it’s so hard for her because “there’s no good representation in media” for people like her, and how Batwoman can’t understand her problems because she’s “being shipped with the hottest guy in Gothem”

Yes, this is all true.

AND BATWOMAN LETS HER GO.

Also reveals her secret identity to Alice(who dear GOD is trying way to act“crazy”and “insane”) and the teen criminal.

Then she gets the teen criminal who tries to kill a train full of people off with “community service and then announces she’s a lesbian to the word because REPRESENTATION! And a news announcer literally says “whatever happened to politics staying out of our superheroes?” as a response.

Holy hell.
Why do I have the feeling that the only reason this show exists is the producers wanting to spite the "toxic" fanbase?

From all the crazy shit I've heard about the show, this bitch makes Captain Marvel look like Superman in terms of morality.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
The entire show is just “LOOK AT HIW GAY I AM AND ALSO BETTER THAN BATMAN!”

And the girl who is suppose to be the Joker proxy plays “insane” like “badly acted drunk.”
Constantly crapping on the (better) predecessors is what will make all these progressive reboots and spinoffs age like melk. If you're truly making something special then put up or shut up.

A drunk villain would be hilariously interesting though. Brings a new meaning to the term "devil water".

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Constantly crapping on the (better) predecessors is what will make all these progressive reboots and spinoffs age like melk. If you're truly making something special then put up or shut up.

A drunk villain would be hilariously interesting though. Brings a new meaning to the term "devil water".
I mean, her acting will make you want to drink.
Seriously, the Alice character is cringy as fuck.

• Informative
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
I might be the only person that cares about this on this site, but I will never forgive Batwoman for ruining Smallville for me (it happened in a batwoman crisis episode). For those that don't know, long story short the whole show was about Clark becoming superman, and he gave up his powers offscreen all while his nemesis is out there. . Then they put salt on the wound by portraying all other heroes being just fine with families and superhero careers.

Though, apparently I'm not the only one salty about it.

The people at the Smallville Wiki actually think the cameo contradicts Smallville so much, they view the cameo as an alternate universe from the tv show to cope with it (with all reasons why it didn't make any sense):

.... But that's just wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure those Batwoman writers didn't care about how much it contradicted the whole point of the show and just made the cameo as a rating boost, because nobody would care about batwoman otherwise.

Some people loved the cameo, but for me it was as painful as watching Luke being ruined in TLJ all over again.

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I might be the only person that cares about this on this site, but I will never forgive Batwoman for ruining Smallville for me (it happened in a batwoman crisis episode). For those that don't know, long story short the whole show was about Clark becoming superman, and he gave up his powers offscreen all while his nemesis is out there. . Then they put salt on the wound by portraying all other heroes being just fine with families and superhero careers.

Though, apparently I'm not the only one salty about it.

Apparently people at Smallville wiki actually think the cameo contradicts Smallville so much, they view the cameo as an alternate universe from the tv show to cope with it (with all reasons why it didn't make any sense):

.... But that's just wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure those Batwoman writers didn't care about how much it contradicted the whole point of the show and just made the cameo as a rating boost, because nobody would care about batwoman otherwise.

Some people loved the cameo, but for me it was like watching Luke bing ruined in TLJ all over again.
I really don’t understand the show’s need to constantly belittle everything regarding original Batman. Like, if you’re spending this much time trying to brag about how much better your version is, it just makes it look like you don’t actually have any faith in it.

Last edited:

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
I really don’t understand the shows Ned to constantly belittle everything regarding original Batman. Like, if you’re spending this much time trying to brag about how much better your version is, it just makes it look like you don’t actually have any faith in it.
It's the same thing with the Star Wars sequel trilogy. They constantly try to downplay and tear down the originals in an attempt to make their new stuff look better in comparison, but the only thing they're accomplishing is alienating their customers. Because egos can be fragile, they take great offense to people calling them out on their bullshit, and resort to taking their anger out on the fanbase via social media or even through new movies/episodes (seriously, half the shit I'm hearing about this show makes me think they're deliberately trying to piss people off as "payback" for its backlash).

Oh, and both have female leads and "woke themes", so the people behind them dismiss critics as "-phobes" and "-ists".

The worst part of the whole "I AM A FUCKING LESBIAN REEEEEEEEEEE" in Batwoman is that there is already a CW series..that has a Lesbian central character..and it is GOOD.

Sarah Lance and Ava is probably the actually best written couple in the entire Arrowverse for gods sake, I can't think of a moment they were having "issues" and thought "OH GOD WHY" like I do with every other couple that has happened.

Tags
None