Batwoman on The CW -

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there also already a gay themed episode? I recall the whole episode talking about her getting expelled from the army because gay already touched on these "issues", which btw look incredibly outdated in this day and age given society's overall acceptance of the LGBT community.
Even had a homophobic Italian resturant owner who tried to kick Kate and Sophie out because they were holding hands.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Nothingness

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Even had a homophobic Italian resturant owner who tried to kick Kate and Sophie out because they were holding hands.
They seriously think two women holding hands was taboo in 2019, many years after the legalization of gay marriage?

Granted, LGBT tolerance has eroded a bit thanks to some exceptional individuals making the movement look bad, but really?

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
They seriously think two women holding hands was taboo in 2019, many years after the legalization of gay marriage?

Granted, LGBT tolerance has eroded a bit thanks to some exceptional individuals making the movement look bad, but really?
I don't think so, at least I hope they don't think that.

I believe they just needed a reason to out the guy as a homophobe to show how Kate is still as proud of her gay as when her refusal to hide it got her discharge from the military and hand-holding was all they had to trigger the owner since Sophie isn't romantically involved with Kate.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Vault Boy

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
I don't think so, at least I hope they don't think that.

I believe they just needed a reason to out the guy as a homophobe to show how Kate is still as proud of her gay as when her refusal to hide it got her discharge from the military and hand-holding was all they had to trigger the owner since Sophie isn't romantically involved with Kate.
Was she discharged for saying she was a lesbian, or was it for not being able to focus on missions when near other women?

I'm just saying, the more I hear of this show, the more I think Batwoman's only character traits are being a bitch and being gay.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net

I said it in the SW threads. At least with gay relationship there is the visceral reaction, lesbian relationship is taken far better by the public.

But besides that, it's a trend in woke media where social issues have to be treated as perpetually ongoing in a cartoonish fashion to justify their existence, even if this shit is decades out of date:
Cops literally murder niggas. Women lose the right to vote. Gays can't hold hands.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Was she discharged for saying she was a lesbian, or was it for not being able to focus on missions when near other women?
She and Sophie were together in the past and they were caught making out at the Academy. In order to avoid being discharged they had to sign a paper saying they weren't gay. Kate refused, Sophie was going to as well but Kate's father talked her out of it.
I'm just saying, the more I hear of this show, the more I think Batwoman's only character traits are being a bitch and being gay.
She's also smug and spiteful. After the restaurant incident she brought a building next to said restaurant to open a gay bar.

Last edited:
  • Horrifying
  • Agree
Reactions: Draza and Vault Boy

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
A Muslim would be more plausible, but Muslims apparently occupy a higher rung on the diversity ladder than fags, so the showrunners couldn't show that.

Don't confuse quiescence with acceptance.

Any movement aimed at recategorizing mental disorders as a "lifestyle choice" is exceptional by definition.

Bugs_Galore

Hell is real and we live in it.
kiwifarms.net
So wait the president in that universe is a super progressive liberal yet still wants to build the wall?
Yeah, that's the funniest part. They were so busy trying to virtue signal about how bad the fucking orange man is that they forgot that is contradicted their own fucking universe. And it's not like the female president was just one minor character. She played a major part in many of the episodes. They just needed to be a joke about how evil blonald blumf is that they forgot she existed.

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
Don't confuse quiescence with acceptance.
Hence why I said "tolerance" instead of acceptance, which should be enough for any group to accept. I would think that years after the legalization of gay marriage the sight of two women holding hands wouldn't cause anything more than raised eyebrows, but I guess the people behind the show just really wanted another strawman to make their characters look morally superior.

By all accounts, this show's a crock of shit, and the people running CW are a bunch of laughing joking numbnuts.

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
Hence why I said "tolerance" instead of acceptance, which should be enough for any group to accept.
You might think so, but the obsession with holding "pride" parades seems to put the lie to that idea.

I would think that years after the legalization of gay marriage the sight of two women holding hands wouldn't cause anything more than raised eyebrows...
Right up until its collapse, people thought that the Soviet Union would still exist in the 21st century.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
If the Harley Quinn movie (costarring the Birds of Prey) flops, the "reason" will be sexism just like with Terminator: Dark Fate and Charlie's Angels (2019).
That movie looks irredeemable. And I started the Harley Quinn cartoon thread on here talking about how good that cartoon is so it's not like I hate the character! But the film, the Margot Robbie version entirely, is awful.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

We all coof down here
kiwifarms.net
I might be the only person that cares about this on this site, but I will never forgive Batwoman for ruining Smallville for me (it happened in a batwoman crisis episode). For those that don't know, long story short the whole show was about Clark becoming superman, and he gave up his powers offscreen all while his nemesis is out there. . Then they put salt on the wound by portraying all other heroes being just fine with families and superhero careers.

Though, apparently I'm not the only one salty about it.

The people at the Smallville Wiki actually think the cameo contradicts Smallville so much, they view the cameo as an alternate universe from the tv show to cope with it (with all reasons why it didn't make any sense):

.... But that's just wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure those Batwoman writers didn't care about how much it contradicted the whole point of the show and just made the cameo as a rating boost, because nobody would care about batwoman otherwise.

Some people loved the cameo, but for me it was as painful as watching Luke being ruined in TLJ all over again.
Wasn't there an episode of Smallville where Chloe Sullivan was involved in a creepy wife swapping sex cult?
Oh wait, that was real life. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5063683/Former-Smallville-actress-second-command-sex-cult.html

Tags
None