BBC's Dracula Reboot will be Bisexual; Van Helsing gets Gender-Swapped - When you make the Twilight vampires look butch and menacing, it's time to stop....

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net

The man who ruined Doctor Who, Steven Moffat, and one-half of the duo behind the Sherlock Holmes reboot, Mark Gatiss, have teamed up together for a reboot of another classic story, Dracula. The new show will debut on BBC in 2020. Oh, and Dracula has been made bisexual while Van Helsing has been turned into a woman.

The USA Today Post is reporting that the BBC is proud and out about making Dracula a connoisseur of the alphabet soup, with Mark Gatiss telling press…

“He’s got broad tastes has this Dracula. It’s not just a collection of Sixties women with push-up bras this time. Dracula has never discriminated, in so far as he can tell the difference between the sexes. He goes for his food but also people who interest him.

“This goes right the way back. There’s a moment at the end of a Hammer film with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing when he goes to bite him and it’s very, very homoerotic for its time.”

According to the The Sun, the brand ruination doesn’t end there.

They note that Van Helsing, famous vampire hunter, will be portrayed by a woman. They slipped in the news about Van Helsing’s gender-swap at the very end of the article, writing…

“A woman will also replace vampire-hunter Professor Van Helsing in the adaptation, due to air next year.”

The rest of the article has some slightly exceptional whining at the end, but it's point stands. The BBC is going to make yet another woke version of a long standing franchise based on British literature, this time starring a girl as Van Helsing! Because that's totally never been done before. (Hellsing even went one further and temporarily made Drac a troon. As degenerate as that and every other Anime is, at least that series recognized that female heroes actually have to EARN their awesomeness, and not just have it handed to them without cost or consequence.)

This isn't the first time that the BBC has tackled Dracula. But they couldn't let the Woke Bandwagon go by without jumping on it and dragging this old reliable horror franchise with them. Next week: a version of Peter Pan where Peter is a child sex trafficker who flies Wendy and friends to the magical Epstein Island, where sensual pleasures beyond their imaginations await!

Muttnik

To the stars!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Christ, with everyone squealing about how new and woke and novel a female Van Helsing would be, you might as well shit all over the impact that Buffy made.

All I want is good vampire media. All I want is dignity for my favorite resident blood-suckers *sigh*

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
I really want someone, anyone, to make the most accurate adaptation of the book. Virtually every adaptation switched shit around or removed characters and events entirely, and in some cases they invent new shit. Isn't it strange that even after a hundred years of filmmaking, we still haven't made an adaptation that's completely true to the book?

Bela Lugosi will always be Dracula to many people
Don't forget Christopher Lee.

Arcturus

kiwifarms.net
You know, making him bisexual is dumb for obvious reasons but it's even more annoying because they could have done what many other old vampire stories do. Vampire interactions are frequently erotic and intimate regardless of gender and sexual orientation. It's a very common theme. Like Carmilla. It easily could have been thrown in and it just would have been fairly standard. But no. They had to announce he's part of the rainbow clan and get those woke points.

And don't even get me started on how god damn stupid a female Van Helsing is. I'm a woman and I'm sick of this shit. It doesn't make me feel ~*empowered*~ when they keep gender swapping characters. It just annoys and insults me. Normal people hate being pandered to. This is gonna flop and they're gonna wonder why.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
You know, making him bisexual is dumb for obvious reasons but it's even more annoying because they could have done what many other old vampire stories do. Vampire interactions are frequently erotic and intimate regardless of gender and sexual orientation. It's a very common theme. Like Carmilla. It easily could have been thrown in and it just would have been fairly standard. But no. They had to announce he's part of the rainbow clan and get those woke points.

And don't even get me started on how god damn stupid a female Van Helsing is. I'm a woman and I'm sick of this shit. It doesn't make me feel ~*empowered*~ when they keep gender swapping characters. It just annoys and insults me. Normal people hate being pandered to. This is gonna flop and they're gonna wonder why.
Well in fairness this won't be the first chick Helsing and I'm pretty sure someone's already done a bisexual Dracula.

What is annoying is how they keep acting like this is something new and never done before. See Hollywood's hardon for Black Catwoman * Eartha Kitt and Halle Berry been there done that * and Captain Marvel * let's pretend Kill Bill,Alien and the Resident Evil Films don't exist *.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, I have zero problem with Dracula being bisexual especially considering I think he generally sees humans as walking blood bags with the genitalia being largely irrelevant. It's just the virtue signalling about it that's annoying.

I'd probably still watch this if I had the chance though I suspect it won't air on any channel I get.

Arcturus

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I have zero problem with Dracula being bisexual especially considering I think he generally sees humans as walking blood bags with the genitalia being largely irrelevant. It's just the virtue signalling about it that's annoying.

I'd probably still watch this if I had the chance though I suspect it won't air on any channel I get.

> use Brave
> Install uBlock browser addon from Google Chrome
> https://www.primewire.li/?utm_source=ag&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=A1
> Fuck cable

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Christ, with everyone squealing about how new and woke and novel a female Van Helsing would be, you might as well shit all over the impact that Buffy made.

All I want is good vampire media. All I want is dignity for my favorite resident blood-suckers *sigh*
Buffy was at least an original character. They're just changing Van's gender because "wokeness" and shit.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just finished reading Dracula. It already has a great female character named Mina Harker. She pretty much writes things down that helps Van Helsing figure out how to go about killing Dracula. She’s even constantly praised by the other men in the group and survives getting attacked by Dracula himself. We don’t need a gender swapped Van Helsing when we have an awesome character like Mina. I’m going to skip this. Watching the BBC reboot will only be disappointing compared to the book anyway.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Ah the double whammy of uncreativity. In theory, a show about a vampire who happens to be bisexual being pursued by a woman isn't something i'd watch, but it isn't insulting. Just remaking something and swapping around some sexualities and/or characters genders in lue of actually doing something creative and original however, is.

You can make a good movie/show/game/etc with a main character who's a woman/gay/minority/etc, but just having a woman/gay/minority/etc character doesn't make your movie/show/game/etc good by default.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vampires having sexualities is pretty stupid in the first place. They might feign it to draw in humans, but ultimately they should exist to feed. It's supposed to be a goddam curse.
Dracula is pretty much an inhuman demon beyond redemption in the book. Dracula would regularly kill and drink blood from babies to make himself look younger. He also attacked anyone that would get in his way. I agree that giving him a sexuality is pointless. If Dracula has a sexuality, it’s for himself. He only cares about himself, but will feign care for others to get what he wants.