Culture Beacon High School Is Half White. That’s Why Students Walked Out. - Oh the horror!

Screw Danlon

Blinkingest White Guy
kiwifarms.net
Isn’t Stuyvesant like 75% Asian? (Everyone I’ve ever met from Stuyvesant is Asian and most of their old pictures were nothing but Asians as far as I can see.). Is that why they didn’t go protest there?

Also, wouldn’t this technically be RESTARTING Jim Crow? Forced equality would definitely lead to separation.

It’s not even that old. Most of them probably have grandparents who were going to school in the 60’s.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Remember when teenagers didn't give a shit about stuff like this?
They still don't, at least not genuinely. Most of the ones that aren't the hardcore class activist types (that the majority of the rest of the class doesn't like anyway and wishes would just shut the fuck up) are just using this as an excuse to not sit around in school and be bored out of their goddamn gourds, so they'll take part in whatever dog and pony show if it means they get to stay out of their desks.

Fuck, if I was any of these kids, I'd be insanely exceptional not to take a chance to play school approved hooky like this

Syaoran Li

Cardcaptors Christmas
kiwifarms.net
I am rather scared about what Gen Z is going to do when they get their hands on the reins of power. Especially since when they're absolutely running things I'll be just hitting retirement, and my ability to plan around their nuttiness will be much diminished.
Eh, I'm not too worried about Gen Z as a whole aside from the oldest members of that particular generation.

From my personal experience, the vast majority of Zoomer SJW's both online and in real life are from the ranks of the older part of that generation that often overlaps with the late Millennials, both culturally and in terms of chronological age.

The core Gen Z kids are mostly in high school and they seem to trend in a more liberal and moderate direction unlike the leftist direction that the Millennials and the early Zoomers have gone towards.

While this is a high school walkout and therefore the bulk of the protesting students are "Core Gen Z", I'd wager that the vast majority of these kids don't give a shit about the SJW nonsense that's being spewed and are just using this protest as an excuse to play hooky and get away with it. You may have a few whiny activist students (I'd wager some of them are seniors in that "Early Gen Z" group) who believe this bullshit but the masses are probably playing along to avoid doing classwork.

Plus, this is in Manhattan, one of the most left-leaning areas in the country. If this was happening somewhere in the flyover states or a purple state like Florida, I'd be a lot more worried.

Personally, I think the bulk of the Zoomers will be a lot like Generation X in the 90's and early 2000's. They'll lean liberal but will be a more centrist/moderate or even downright apolitical generation overall, especially compared to the two generations that came before and after.

Gen X was sandwiched between the Boomers (who had shifted rightward when a lot of Gen X'ers were kids) and the Millennials, and the Gen Z kids are in a weird reverse of the situation where they're preceded by the left-leaning Millennials and are ahead of the Alpha Generation, who are at the same age the Millennials were at the height of the Religious Right's power and influence.

Screw Danlon

Blinkingest White Guy
kiwifarms.net
They still don't, at least not genuinely. Most of the ones that aren't the hardcore class activist types (that the majority of the rest of the class doesn't like anyway and wishes would just shut the fuck up) are just using this as an excuse to not sit around in school and be bored out of their goddamn gourds, so they'll take part in whatever dog and pony show if it means they get to stay out of their desks.

Fuck, if I was any of these kids, I'd be insanely exceptional not to take a chance to play school approved hooky like this
Yeah, when I was in school we had a few kids march out to protest the declaration of the Iraq War and by the time it was over, about 2/3 of the school had left. And that was pretty much the exact reasoning.

Spastic Colon

Krampus' Little Helper
kiwifarms.net
They don't need to worry about race percentages, you should just be grouping kids together based on ability. It is much harder to teach a mixed ability class. The slowest kids get left behind and the smartest ones get bored. If everyone is at the same ability level, the class can move at an appropriate pace. Smart kids will learn more because they can. The slower kids will get longer to master the fundamentals because they need that. Mainstreaming special ed kids into regular classrooms was a mistake. I'm sure they had good intentions (especially for socializing the special ed kids), but it was the wrong move academically.

And yes, some of the ability is impacted by socioeconomic status, but you're never going to design a perfect system. Still, it would be better than trying to juggle different ability levels simply so you can achieve a diverse classroom population. If the slower classes turn out to be mostly non-white, it gives you the opportunity to drill down and figure out exactly what the issues are and work to address that. But pretending that kids all have the same innate ability is unrealistic and sets kids up for failure.

For example, it doesn't matter how hard I study, I'm never going to be the next Einstein. It would be unrealistic of me to think I could do more than what my IQ allows me. But I am capable of doing many things and my focus should be on that. People that have realistic goals are happier because they can actually achieve them. Education is a tool -- not a miracle worker.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net

You would think that would be the motivation but the walkout was for only 30 minutes according to the article. Those sjw nerds were probably worried about their grades if they did any more extreme type of protest. I bet the school itself sanctioned the protest for those precious woke points.

I remember myself and a small group of kids walked out of school to join the worldwide protest against the invasion of Iraq in 2003 which apparently was the largest anti-war rally in history according to the Guinness book of world records.

Slimy Time

When you see the presents under the tree
kiwifarms.net
This is fucking great, the whites who don't engage in this protest will go to school and score well while the coloureds stand outside in the cold...not doing well. That will show those whites their privilege. What a brilliant plan, I can't see anything wrong with that at all.

You would think that would be the motivation but the walkout was for only 30 minutes according to the article. Those sjw nerds were probably worried about their grades if they did any more extreme type of protest. I bet the school itself sanctioned the protest for those precious woke points.
Lol what, 30 minutes? At least do it for a day so that kids can use it as an excuse to fuck off and skip school under the guise of "protesting".

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
The school’s parent-teacher organization raised over $685,000 for the school last year, according to data released on Monday.
This gets to the heart of why administrators and politicians better not listen to these dipshits. If you diversify this school, you can say goodbye to most of that money. Any white or Asian parent who can afford to move out of the city or send their kids to private school will do that. Any who are forced to keep their kids in an elite school that's rapidly losing that status won't bother raising money for it anymore. They'll sink that time and money in getting their kids private tutors so their kids will still have a chance at college even though colleges will stop taking Beacon seriously as an elite public school.

It's not a big deal to let a few dumb-dumbs into an elite school because a few of them are manageable. Teachers aren't overwhelmed so they can give those kids special attention. But, if you flood a school with underachievers, one of two things will happen:
Almost all of them will wash out, which will be worse for them than leaving them in their shittier, easier schools. An 'F' from Beacon looks worse than a 'B' or 'C' from a shitty school.
Or, the standards will be lowered to accommodate them, which means Beacon will start on a path toward being as crap as all the other schools. Colleges will note how many graduates of Beacon have shitty test scores, and so they'll stop taking 'As' and 'Bs' from Beacon graduates as seriously. In the end, the diversity admissions will still be fucked because they'll have worthless 'As' and 'Bs' coupled with <1200 SAT scores, and they still won't be able to get into a good college. They will, however, have managed to drag the non-diversity admissions down with them, which seems to be the real point of all this.

KingCoelacanth

kiwifarms.net
What's their plan for increasing the African American IQ of 85 or the latino IQ of 90?
They've been grappling with this issue in NYC for some time now. Why, even in the same high school, are higher level courses mostly white and asian?
The conclusion they reached was something like "learning is racist." When the highest level math class high school students can take is Algebra II, then racism in education will be defeated

Affluent Reptilian

kiwifarms.net
This graph does not tell the full picture, it should give the the breakdown between liberal and non liberal non whites as well.
I couldn't be bothered downloading the data, but it's available here: https://electionstudies.org/data-center/2018-pilot-study/

I'll also trust this guy's summary saying 'white liberals were the only subgroup exhibiting a pro-outgroup bias': https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/284875/americas-white-saviors

Makes sense from the summary stats, as if you average the 543 white libs giving a score of -13.1 with the 1,133 non-liberals scoring 11.62 you get a mean white score of 3.61 - ie somewhere between a third and a quarter the strength of the scores for all Hispanics, blacks and Asians (the sample from those ethnicities may have fewer who identify as liberal but I doubt it's enough to produce such a big discrepancy).

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Sadie Lee, an Asian-American Beacon sophomore who lives in Brooklyn, said she had benefited from the segregated system by getting help from her parents and her high-performing middle school during the application process.

But Sadie also said that she sometimes felt isolated at the school, which was about 9 percent Asian last year. She had exclusively white teachers last year.
Asian girl so ronery.

Sometimes people at the school confused her with another Asian-American girl in one of her classes, she said. Sometimes she was asked where she was from and whether she spoke Chinese.
1. Out of a student body of 1200 students, one or two kids mistook you for another girl. Who cares? Mistakes happen and kids are especially bad at differentiating people who they are unfamiliar with.

2. Asking you about your background and if you speak a second language is called socialization. No wonder you don't have any friends: you call everybody who tries to talk to you a racist.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino