• "I have a real fleshlight I got free off Craigslist"

Off-Topic Beauty NewsWhat's Going on in the World of Beauty and Fashion

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by Broken Pussy, Jan 2, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. Post news about cosmetic launches, industry news, notable fashion events, etc. If you think it's news that's relevant to the denizens of The Beauty Parlour, share it here. Please link sources, if you have them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Broken Pussy

Broken Pussy Kitten Enthusiast
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. As I was saying when I asked about the possibility of getting this thread, Gwen Stefani has become a Global Brand Ambassador for Revlon.

Kat Von D is releasing a new palette on January 10th called Pastel Goth

Urban Decay just announced a new collection exclusive to Ulta. It will be on sale on the 15th.

Urban Decay is also expected to launch its newest product, 20 shades of liquid lipstick, sometime in the near future.

MAC will launch its new line of lip scrubs on January 12th.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #2 Broken Pussy, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  3. *sigh* Dear wallet: I am so, so sorry in advance.

• Like Like x 2
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. IKR?!? I was telling myself, self try not to buy a bunch of lipstick this year. Not a resolution, because I have so much family drama going on, I'm already mad at 2017. More like a friendly reminder.

I found a photo of the sample card:

https://instagram.com/p/BOtsooij933/

I'm kind of excited to see what Time looks like. I got two of the other Alice collection lipsticks but not that one, because the reviews were not great, and I'm curious to see what it looks like as a liquid, because all the meh reviews were based on the fact that it sheered out upon application.

• Like Like x 2
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  5. Just by looking at all that I hear my wallet cry. Im gonna end up a hobo with great makeup someday.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    PrincessOf Aus

PrincessOf Aus Professional Slacker

kiwifarms.net
  6. Oh man, if they make a liquid version of Manic, Crisis, Rapture or other plummy/rose mauves...my wallet will just endself.

• Like Like x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Kylie Jenner is releasing a new palette called Royal Peach. Trying to get some of that Too Faced money, huh? She claims it's inspired by makeup she wore at NYFW, but we all know that's code for "Did you see how much money Estée Lauder gave Jerrod Blandino?"

At first I thought that blue looked totally random, but then I thought of a few Sweet Peach tutorials that I've seen where someone included a pop of bright blue and it looked really good, so now I'm thinking that was a smart move, including that color, even though it looks weird in the palette.

• Like Like x 1
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  8. She really needs to get some originality for her products, I mean when I saw her palette and the name the first thing that came to mind was Two Faced. Also this might just be because I'm in Australia but her shit is way to overpriced.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    PrincessOf Aus

kiwifarms.net
  9. I will probably pick up Pastel Goth when I can find some reviews on it, looks great by the swatches.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. I have never felt the need to buy anything from her, but her stuff being way too expensive is a standard complaint. I assume that it's because the people who stan for her are going to pay whatever ridiculous price she demands. Her packaging looks super cheap to me. I can't imagine that her manufacturing costs are very high.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  11. I feel the same I was excited at first but then I realised how she was alienating her fans from countries outside America with the prices and just decided to stick with the dupes. Everything looks cheap and very unimaginative.

PrincessOf Aus

kiwifarms.net
  12. Did you hear any of the speculation that some of Colour Pop's ultra matte liquid lipsticks and some of the Kylie lip kits have the same formula/may have been produced in the same facility? I found that very interesting.

I can't even. If you're gonna blatantly rip off a (probably superior) product from another brand, at least have the decency to be subtle about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I think it has been confirmed that it's the same facility, and there are products from Kylie and Colour Pop that look nearly identical, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same formula. I personally don't find Colour Pops liquid lipsticks that wearable. They are really dry and stiff. I got a bunch because they're so cheap, but I hardly ever wear them.

I think every palette she's done so far has been a blatant copy of something else.

Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  14. Same here with regards to the lipsticks. I don't even have particularly dry skin/lips, but I keep finding myself needing to apply lip balm, which kind of defeats the purpose, imo. I like the ultra satins much more than the mattes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I haven't ordered from them in a while. There was one of those lavender-grey colors they released in the Ultra Satins and I really liked it but then Kailyn kept wearing it and it dampened my enthusiasm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  16. How about the upcoming Spring fashion trends?

Lots of it seems pretty intriguing, and I'll be all too glad to see less crushed velvet, but I used this link in particular because I got a kick out of "Activist Chic." Great, just what I was hoping for, more dumb Tumblr fashion.

Either way I'm both intrigued and fearful of an 80s revival. Could be either glam as hell or a complete shitshow, especially seeing as lots of sources are already citing a shoulderpad trend.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. I like strong shoulders as long as there are no pads involved. Also like stripes and platforms. Everything else, no.

Purses that are only big enough to hold a phone seem like a good idea, until you realize you are just as likely to lose them as just the phone by itself.

Kind of surprised that they are talking about pink as a spring color being a trend when light pink is always a spring color. It did seem like there were a lot of turquoise and coral garments the last couple of springs.

Thank you for sharing this article!

Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  18. Surprised me as well, seeing as other sources are claiming blue, khaki, and army green to be this spring's "it" colours. Those I find more alluring than pink, like you said pink and floral are always must-haves in spring collections.

The stripes and platforms, though, definitely looking forward to those. Not just vertical stripes but there's also a trend of ultra-wide horizontal stripes which looks pretty great for the most part.

kiwifarms.net
  19. See, this lost creditability (for me at least) when they mentioned crocs. No, just...no.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. I have a black and white horizontal-striped blazer that I love, so totally here for that as well.

Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net