• "Disclaimer - not a wizard, I just prefer their company."

Off-Topic Beauty NewsWhat's Going on in the World of Beauty and Fashion

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by Broken Pussy, Jan 2, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. Just wanted to give a heads up, I'm planning on making lots of pretty dress updates when we get to Paris Couture Week later this month. Couture Week is life.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Broken Pussy

Broken Pussy Kaispiracy Skeptic
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Speaking of Urban Decay, they're releasing a new line of primers and setting sprays! I saw some at Ulta this afternoon; they didn't have the full line out but I'll be really interested to see how the Urban Defense clear sunscreen feels. I'm also looking at the De-Slick and Optical Illusion primers, they felt really nice when I tested them.

• Informative Informative x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  4. I have all of their old prep and setting sprays, so I'm questioning if I need the new ones (like, if the formula is better, etc.). I also have the old pore-minimizing face primer, which I will probably replace with one of the new primers.
    it's...so beautiful :') :heart-full:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Well, for what it's worth, I think they did actually change the formulas. The old De-Slick was really thick and dry, this new one is a lot lighter and spreads better. I got samples at Sephora this afternoon, I'll see how different it actually is.

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  6. The only fashion news I want is that skinny jeans are going out style and normal jeans are a mainstay.

I'm totally not bitter I can't find black jeans in stores that aren't skinny. Not at all.

• Like Like x 2
    Dr.Research

Dr.Research Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Caitlyn Jenner is releasing a new line of cosmetics for MAC....link
    [​IMG]
    Cait is obviously taking a photo to make up for the overshopped one on their Vanity Fair mag cover. I wish they would have just called their line "stroke".

• Winner Winner x 1
    Mariposa Electrique

Mariposa Electrique Unca Scrooge!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I've seen the previews of the line...it is incredibly boring, generic white-girl neutrals. Nude lipsticks, peach blushes, brown eyeshadow. So, everything that's tired and been done to death. imo they should have gone with more bold colors.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Saw this yesterday, but was tired because I worked a 12 hour shift at work the night before.

In a few days, Anastasia Beverly Hills is debuting its new lip palette which has 18 colors including some primaries as it is meant to be a palette you can use to customize your own lip colors.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  10. Oh jeez, this subforum is going to murder my bank account. Now there's a community where I can actually lurk and learn about this makeup shit what all the other girls are going on about--and it's full of Kiwis! Chocolate and peanut butter.

Looking forward to the return of chunky heels. Shoulderpads, not so much.

• Like Like x 4
    Slowboat to China

Slowboat to China That would be an ecumenical matter.

kiwifarms.net
  11. I think that's what happens in general when makeup companies do celebrity collaborations, they end up doing what kind of makeup the celebrity would wear and since most famous people aren't particularly adventurous with their makeup, the offerings are pretty tame. The only MAC+famouslady offering that I can think of that wasn't boring was the Rihanna one and that's probably because Rihanna herself has a more outre sense of style. Oh, and the one they did with Brooke Candy, that one had more unusual colors, but Brooke Candy is also a less famous celebrity, and like Rihanna, known for not wanting to look like everyone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  12. Everything from the colours to the packaging looked very old lady-ish to me. Seemed more like Estée Lauder or something than MAC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Exactly! I don't think I've seen makeup that yawn-worthy in years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Why are they trying to make Crocs happen? (:_(

• Agree Agree x 1
    wifflypuff

wifflypuff #juchelyfe
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Because there's no such thing as a loving god.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Crocs are pretty high up on my "I'd rather die" list.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  17. Not really news, since it was announced months ago, but this went on sale in the Sephora app today:

IMG_9523.jpg

Struck me as a nice collision of worlds that my fellow Kiwi Beauty Parlour denizens might get a kick out of.

• Winner Winner x 6
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  18. Apparently, Viseart is putting out a little mini palette that only costs 30 dollars. I'm kind of excited, because everyone raves about Viseart but I've never had the desire to drop 80 dollars on an eyeshadow palette.

• Like Like x 3
    Broken Pussy

kiwifarms.net
  19. It's *gorgeous* and it should have come out last year at this time. Because enough warm palettes! My God, I am so tired of the Modern Renaissance/Sweet Peach color scheme. Golds and coppers and rusts and warm browns are literally my favorite eyeshadow colors, but it's like eating your favorite candy for breakfast everyday, I'm bored and nauseated.

This MAC collection looks like it's gonna be really good: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-make-up-art-cosmetics-collection-for-january-2017/

YouTubeyStar

YouTubeyStar Sewer Mutant Playmate of the Month

kiwifarms.net
  20. That mac collection though...heart eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net