True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you post some context on this? Where did you find this? :thinking:

• Agree
Reactions: allyka

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
It's covered in the megathread in May. This is the one in FL that makes contestants buy these polyester 70s jumpsuits to "compete in." The entry fee is at least $395, which Jess said he paid. It covers a range of ages for pageants occurring simultaneously on a cruise ship. The youngest category is for 9-12.

He joined this one and attempted to join two others w/Canada offices (Galaxy Pageant and Beauties of Five Continents) who said no. He said he brought tribunal complaints toward the latter.

Soon after doing this, he got dropped from Miss BC, triggering a cycle of suicidal Saxenda overinjecting, breast/brain cancer scares and finally the scooty puff.

The FL one takes place next month. ETA: Stand corrected, apparently already has happened in Jonica's absence.

Last edited:

Jaded Optimist

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you post some context on this? Where did you find this? :thinking:
Twitter, it's in the archive link

t's covered in the megathread in May.
I know it's been mention before, but this is the first time it seems like Yaniv is officially entered. I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread for it. The first pageant could've benefited from one.

Reactions: heathercho

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
It's covered in the megathread in May. This is the one in FL that makes contestants buy these polyester 70s jumpsuits to "compete in." The entry fee is at least $395, which Jess said he paid. It covers a range of ages for pageants occurring simultaneously on a cruise ship. The youngest category is for 9-12.

He joined this one and attempted to join two others w/Canada offices (Galaxy Pageant and Beauties of Five Continents) who said no. He said he brought tribunal complaints toward the latter.

Soon after doing this, he got dropped from Miss BC, triggering a cycle of suicidal Saxenda overinjecting, breast/brain cancer scares and finally the scooty puff.

The FL one takes place next month.
So unless I’m autistic, this pageant is over lol. It was last week and this past weekend it seems.

B2158867-D956-4602-94CA-EAC6F4F3EF31.png4A91383F-6B40-4796-B097-78FF0798284A.png

pr3nt177

Good morning hunny boo.
kiwifarms.net
No looks, no dress sense, no personality, no noticeable hobbies (apart from suing). He's got no fecking chance.

eta: just read the post above. I was right, he had no chance, even with his 'modelling' credentials.

Reactions: Super Colon Blow

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
It would appear that picture he posted is just a photo shop he made. Considering this is a a competition in the states, why they would have “BCs perfect woman” I don’t know. Also, not sure why he’s posting this since the comp is over, he can’t be that stupid. Well yea I guess he can be.

Jaded Optimist

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would appear that picture he posted is just a photo shop he made. Considering this is a a competition in the states, why they would have “BCs perfect woman” I don’t know. Also, not sure why he’s posting this since the comp is over, he can’t be that stupid. Well yea I guess he can be.
Since the pageant is a scam (anyone can enter for a high fee) they also have an international category. Anyone from around the world can enter for $900 or so and pretend they are a beauty queen. That competition was this past weekend.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
FWIW I think the picture did come from the pageant. It's part of what you get when you pay the $395. Competing costs more including costs to get there, stay in their hotel (note from above, the cruise ship one is Five Continents not this one) and pay to get to FL.

Munchma Quchi

kiwifarms.net
So basically it's a vanity pageant.

edit: before someone replies "all pageants are vanity pageants lol" what I mean is that in an actual pageant, you should be good at something and attempt to look nice. A talent should be cultivated (singing, dancing, gymnastics, etc), and a lot of effort goes into the appearance; professional hair, makeup, etc. Plus there's a Q&A part and I think many of the competitors practice being able to answer difficult questions with diplomacy.
But this one will let anyone in if they pay...JY doesn't need to be beautiful, graceful, talented, presentable, eloquent, diplomatic, fit, etc

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
So basically it's a vanity pageant.

edit: before someone replies "all pageants are vanity pageants lol" what I mean is that in an actual pageant, you should be good at something and attempt to look nice. A talent should be cultivated (singing, dancing, gymnastics, etc), and a lot of effort goes into the appearance; professional hair, makeup, etc. Plus there's a Q&A part and I think many of the competitors practice being able to answer difficult questions with diplomacy.
But this one will let anyone in if they pay...JY doesn't need to be beautiful, graceful, talented, presentable, eloquent, diplomatic, fit, etc
The pageants Jess applied to all say they're doing variants of this. Miss BC encourages contestants to sign up local sponsors to pay the contestants' costs, same as a biz would sponsor say a softball team for goodwill, plus all entrants are expected to fundraise for a good cause that has nothing to do with them. The FL pageant and others take their money and encourages them to bring friends/family for a discount rate.

Press and public care a little bit about Miss BC but nothing about these other ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbraCadaver

What This Old Thing!?

Worm Casting Agent
kiwifarms.net
Charlotte speaks about her pageant ordeal. Edit to add another one

Edit again because there's much more on her tweets and replies page

Attachments

Last edited:

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Charlotte speaks about her pageant ordeal. Edit to add another one

Probably lots of conversation repeated to within this, it's just based on individual tweet URLs. Don't complain.

Allakazam223

We wuz Orkz n shit
kiwifarms.net

Probably lots of conversation repeated to within this, it's just based on individual tweet URLs. Don't complain.
It seems JY has a reverse Midas touch. Everything turns to shite once JY pokes a nose into it.

Tags
None