Beer - canned, bottled, or served in the skull of the enemy

admiral

passionless bombast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't find a dedicated thread to the warm hug of alcohols, so I made one.
My favourite beer is Asahi. I generally prefer Asian beer, though i'm not picky as long as it ain't Coors. Or Fosters.
What's your favourite? Please argue about craft beers and real ales too, it feeds my autism.

Oh Long Johnson

Muh..muh..muh..muh..my corona
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A public service announcement on the subject of beer: If you are 35+ and feel an overwhelming compulsion to mention that the last beer your harpy wife allowed you to taste was a Burning Taint Hoppsfaggot (25,182 IBUs) every time the subject of beer is brought up, remove your car's battery and drink the fluid.

As for the subject of the thread, I like Stellas and Sam Adams. Bud Light is the only non-Mexican beer that makes me gag.

DangerousGas

Chaotic Bald
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Burning Taint Hoppsfaggot
Interesting. Can't find that in the CAMRA book, where did you say you bought it?

Edited to add: I like most beers aside from anything that's over ~7%, because it usually smells like someone who lives on a park bench, and the light lagers like fosters, carling etc, because they taste of not much. The only beers I can't drink at all are porters, because I may actually be allergic to them - I start to get a headache a couple of minutes into drinking them, and feel like death soon after.

Last edited:

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Beer can be okay, but I prefer malt liquor and wine coolers.
lol remember St. Ides? Their regular malt liquor in the 40 oz. bottles was horrendous, but they also made a sweet mixture that was basically booze for kids. Why else would a company make a drink and sell it for dirt cheap that was stronger than most beers and tasted like Kool Aide.

I'm serious too, the St. Ides special brew tasted like carbonated kool aide. It was something for people who wanted to drink but didn't want to taste alcohol.

Personally though, I like Abita Amber. It's kinda heavy for frequent consumption but I don't drink often so it's perfect.

• Informative
Reactions: admiral and Jaiman

ADN_VIII

My legs are OK
kiwifarms.net
I'm fortunate enough to live along the Pacific coast, so craft brews are in abundance. Personally, I like Lagunitas, though I have a soft spot for home brewing with my Dad. He likes hefeweizen, though I'm more towards IPAs.

Currently, I've got a batch of beer sitting in storage for the fermentation to finish, and a batch of mead doing the same. The beer should finish in about two weeks, while the mead won't be ready until mid summer.

DangerousGas

Chaotic Bald
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Currently, I've got a batch of beer sitting in storage for the fermentation to finish, and a batch of mead doing the same. The beer should finish in about two weeks, while the mead won't be ready until mid summer.
I've always wanted to have a crack at brewing beer, but have never known where to start. Are the budget supermarket kits actually likely to produce a drinkable beer, or do I need to invest some serious cash to get started? I'm guessing that there are also some setup considerations to be made for the types of beer one brews, yes?

ADN_VIII

My legs are OK
kiwifarms.net
I've always wanted to have a crack at brewing beer, but have never known where to start. Are the budget supermarket kits actually likely to produce a drinkable beer, or do I need to invest some serious cash to get started? I'm guessing that there are also some setup considerations to be made for the types of beer one brews, yes?
The supermarket kits aren't awful. Though the difference between it and something high quality is pretty apparent. It's like filet mignon from the supermarket and filet mignon from the butcher. But yeah, no reason not to start at the store. If you know what kind of beer you like, make sure to look for a kit that makes it. Dad hates IPA, and he didn't read the box until after he made his very first batch of IPA.

Reactions: DangerousGas

Alex Krycek

He’s a goof, he’s aloof, he’s seeking out reason.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My go to basic beer is probably Coors or PBR. I drink on a budget more often than not lately.

However a good Kolsch like St. Arnolds Lawnmower or Super Kolsch is tops.

Funnybone

Needs her password stapled to her forehead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking love stout and porter beer. My policy is if I can see through the glass, it's piss beer. Ok, I do like some IPAs and Irish Reds tho...

My favorites are (in no paticular order)

Tatonka Stout from BJs
Great Basin Outlaw tard cum Stout
North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Sierra Nevada Porter
Alaskan Oatmeal Stout

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I generally prefer hard liquor to beer, but I do like Heineken a lot and enjoy PBR unironically (I remember when PBR was a redneck beer instead of a hipster beer). Other than that, I don't care much for most beers. Especially Miller 64, that shit is terrible. Budweiser is similarly overrated and terrible.

If we're counting flavored beers, I do like Redd's Apple Ale.

Reactions: cunt bucket

Evilboshe

hockeyyyyy
kiwifarms.net
I don't know that much about beer, but IPAs are nice.
Last week I tried Guinness for the first time and enjoyed it too.
But usually I just drink at parties with my friends and have whatever cheap beer they've picked up this time.